Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Cruise along the Mulege Rio
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 10-10-2015 at 07:18 AM

Nice video, Richard. We took a drive out that road last week when we came to see you. Hope the road stays there this time.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 10-10-2015 at 05:47 PM

Great time machine video. Was there a soundtrack that I missed? Maybe something from the new/old Man from Uncle......

https://youtu.be/4OrLM2UIwvY

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 09:17 AM

That's fantastic! And good to see there is still some dirt out at the east end!

Thanks for the comments on the Sony cam, I've been wondering how GP alternatives stack up in the real off-road world.

I suppose now we have to start wearing helmets like in La Paz!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 01:50 PM

Sweetwater good pick!

There is no sound as the pos strap on the mount was flapping against the mic. While watching the vid, just practice rolling your Rs sounds just like a VW engine :)

nOW FOR OFFROAD VIDS anything by
David Guetta

OR

https://www.facebook.com/djsavyo/videos/vb.131515320247693/8... Yanni Violins

And some mellow Malacon tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czj7SyPNRto First Aid Kit

Al...The Sony lets you overay a dashbd with miles per hr/alt/location /your track with location sync]d with the video and more, pretty cool set up.

more pics of the south side

pic above is the RV lot for sale/rent by the Deams, by the green building

[Edited on 10-11-2015 by willyAirstream]

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 02:11 PM

The orange building isn't a part of the sale/rent. just the green building and lot... the lot with the orange building may be for sale and or rent but would have to check if anyone is interested..

the estuary is close to the park along the Orchard with no access to town.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 02:39 PM

Thanks, I edited my post.
Yes, from Stu's place onward is not passable.

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 02:47 PM

does not look like it is passable from about the area in front of the green and orange buildings... toward town... Stu's lot must be all in the federal zone now... not a pretty sight... Leon looks like he just survived not getting washed away...
We had heard that the contract was signed to rebuild the south river road last spring but I doubt that will happen in the near future...
We will see you in a couple of weeks...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 04:31 PM

Great pics, last oct. we stopped at Questa Real RV for one night, we had been staying there twice a year since Ken was there, so I could slide in to the Jungle for a CUBA or 2. We always stayed 2 or 3 nights on the way north and the on the return home in Oct. What kind of shape is it in? Last year it was a mess. Thanks Cliff
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 05:57 PM

Cuesta Real is now run by Sandra's brother, Mario. It is in good shape, except the restaurant is closed due to Oldlie last year. Pool is open and always clean. Still a good place to stay and the Jungla has the usual crowd, sadly with a couple of reserved stools now available.

cervezafrio

[*] posted on 10-11-2015 at 09:29 PM

A Pile on. Richard always nice to view the local area. I seems that the local people have more faith than the part time border crossers. They are making improvements in the danger zone. It is the culture. Why give up when times are difficult. A Mexican friend of my used to say '' life with out problems is not life''. Maybe that is why their culture has lasted hundreds of years and more. While the northern border crossers get angry and rude when they can not get on Facebook or send a text immediately. That lack of strengthen of history and pride plus character will be the demise of the 'great satin' as some errantly refer to U.S.-A travesty for sure.
Airstream thanks for the pictures but you stopped one lot short. Another of the place down stream of the Alamo would be appreciated..... Mtn. Poops how you doing? Still stirring the pot.
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2015 at 02:30 PM

Nice new malecon going there. A big improvement over my first walk along that road from our boat to town, 50 years ago.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-12-2015 at 05:31 PM

Really boring. I can't believe I watched it twice.;)
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2015 at 06:00 PM

111FBthumbsup.png - 8kB

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.