Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: LAUNCH RAMPS CLOSED TO BLACK PEOPLE
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2020 at 04:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
As you can all guess, this headline is a parody of Marla's thread that Loreto local authorities are racists somehow discriminating against Gringos.

According to the information presented in that thread to date (I welcome correction), launching of boats on the Loreto public ramp is currently only permitted for pangueros officially licensed for commercial service, and other use is (provisionally?) suspended, i.e. non-commercial recreational boating is currently not permitted, for Gringos, Chinese, Mexicans, Apaches or Martians, whatever their skin color or ethnic affiliation.

The reasoning behind this may be gross corruption, local nepotism or whatever, or maybe even misguided COVID prevention, but from the information presented, it does not appear to be due to racism.

Marla, with all due respect, I don't question that you likely have a valid grievance here, but if it's indeed true that it (edit: by "it" I mean the prohibition-- sorry for the misunderstanding) is not racist in nature, I think you're doing a major disservice to your personal credibility, and everyone's cause, by alleging that it's somehow exclusively singling out Gringos.

[Edited on 8-18-2020 by lencho]

Sticks and Stone can break my bones
But words will never hurt me.
Kindergarten 101

I guess I don't want to be 'woke'
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2020 at 05:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Please don't be offended ,ol timer

You are so funny! I'll buy you a beer for that comment.

The rest of your drivel is, as always, just nonsense. My God, what a complete boor you truly are. Your parents must be so proud. What did they do to produce a tool like you?

John

[Edited on 8-18-2020 by John Harper]

Yes of course, the point of this thread is about the process each municipality has gone through to first justify closing access to launch ramps and launching and then reopen, permitting process for licensed captains, guides, and private vessels, safety, security, negotiations, etc. The details and requirements are boring drivel to you and most here. As we say here, everything has a solution, you have to start somewhere.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2020 at 06:28 AM

Or if you'd spent much time in low-life cantinas. :saint:

Speaking of which, how many of you have been in a pulquería? Used to be one in about every town in Mexico, not too common these days, though.

Anyone been in one in Baja? :?:

i have..... on the mainland 40+ years ago. the real ones had a urinal along the full length of the bar [ clogged drain with added sawdust to absorb the moisture]
over loud music delivered by a blown speaker, and one or two aging prostitutes
i have never seen one in baja. the term "cantina" is used to describe regular gringo bars....lets the folks from upper California imagine they are having an exotic adventure.

[Edited on 8-18-2020 by pacificobob]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2020 at 06:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Speaking of which, how many of you have been in a pulquería? Used to be one in about every town in Mexico, not too common these days, though.

Anyone been in one in Baja? :?:

i have..... on the mainland 40+ years ago. the real ones had a urinal along the full length of the bar [ clogged drain with added sawdust to absorb the moisture]
over loud music delivered by a blown speaker, and one or two aging prostitutes

Amazing! I've been to that joint too, about 30 years ago. In Chihuahua, a short walk from the Rio Grande. I was camping in Big Bend National Park, walked to the river and paid a Mex ferryman to take me across in a beat up skiff. Walked to the close-by town and made a thorough study of pulque. I must have done the reverse trip, but I don't remember it. :cool:

[Edited on 8-18-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2020 at 07:53 AM

I remember in the mid-80s on the mainland, being delighted to see a sign reading "Peluqueria".
I entered, hoping for a nice mug of slimy fermented agave pina juice.

What I got was one of my first Spanish lessons.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-19-2020 at 10:17 AM
Learning the Language

As a teen, I learned that the first phrase needed when visiting a new town was ............... "Donde esta las Putas ?"

After that "Cuantos Cuesta ?"

Along with "Cerveza (y mas Cerveza), por favor ", of course.
travisch

[*] posted on 8-19-2020 at 11:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Yet here you are, insinuating that Marla HAS to be some racist gringa.

Woah, what?

Maybe my writing isn't clear, but I certainly was not intending to imply that Marla is discriminating in any way.

Merely that her implication that Gringos are being exclusively singled out-- which from what has been presented doesn't actually seem to be the case-- could be taken wrong.

You took the time to label this thread "the ramp is closed to black people?
What the hell is that all about?.....

Do you always fan the flames like that?
I would expect this from Jihad Jay Salman all day every day, but not our bud Lencho?..
What happened to you?

Just joined but what a bunch of cry babies. Sure seems to be a handful of people (mtngoat666, DaliDali ect) who just like to attack, b-tch or spread their views as the gospel and belittle anyone without the same views. Who would like to see a new forum specific to Baja where this type of behavior isn't tolerated?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2020 at 05:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by travisch  
Yet here you are, insinuating that Marla HAS to be some racist gringa.

Woah, what?

Maybe my writing isn't clear, but I certainly was not intending to imply that Marla is discriminating in any way.

Merely that her implication that Gringos are being exclusively singled out-- which from what has been presented doesn't actually seem to be the case-- could be taken wrong.

You took the time to label this thread "the ramp is closed to black people?
What the hell is that all about?.....

Do you always fan the flames like that?
I would expect this from Jihad Jay Salman all day every day, but not our bud Lencho?..
What happened to you?

Just joined but what a bunch of cry babies. Sure seems to be a handful of people (mtngoat666, DaliDali ect) who just like to attack, b-tch or spread their views as the gospel and belittle anyone without the same views. Who would like to see a new forum specific to Baja where this type of behavior isn't tolerated?

A. There just isn't enough traffic here that we can afford to lose comments.

B. There aren't moderators with the time to watch for these posts. The most offensive ones are cleaned up by the next day by Doug.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.