Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: A True-Crime Story That Pits Polygamists Against Drug Lords
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 06:31 AM

From an authoritative source!

“ Q7: Can a man engage in temporary marriage even if he already has four temporary/permanent wives?

Yes. The case of the temporarily married girl in this regard (as well as other issues such as waiting period) is similar to the case of the bondwomen in Islam. All Muslims do agree that one can marry an unlimited number of slave-girls. Islam did not limit it as it did with the permanent marriage.

The reason that Islam strictly limited the number of permanent wives into four, is that in permanent marriage there are obligations which do not exist in the other types of marriage, and these obligations can not be fulfilled if one goes more than four permanent marriages. For instance, the permanent couples are necessary to be sexually active, and man should sleep with his wife once each four nights; so how can he go further than four permanent wives?”
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 07:47 AM

So if I read that right, the concept of multiple wives is primarily designed to enhance the population of the society that supports it, increasing the overall control that society has over the broader world. Is it working? The next stage of course would be to reduce the population in those societies competing for limited food and shelter based on their not being a member of the "desired society". Friends of ours who work in Africa with "undesirables" find this concept very much in play.

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 08:37 AM

Similar horror in the Bible...............and most other religions.........and in all of us....

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by Ateo]
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 09:13 AM

Ateo: I must have missed that in the Bible when I last read it...do you have a reference?
A quick search of summary of the law yielded this:
https://www.openbible.info/topics/summary_of_the_law

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 01:27 PM

Hello JD......When I wrote "similar horrors" I was thinking very broadly about what the Bible teaches - like how to sell your daughter into sexual slavery (Exodus 21:1-11), how to purchase and treat your slaves (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT), and there's much, much more like how to rape, pillage, and murder. Surely a just and wonderful God worth us worshiping it can do better than the bible. :saint::saint::saint::saint:

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by Ateo]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Growing up in Grass Valley, I knew quite a few people who were Mormons. As far as I was concerned, it was just another church, and they were good people.

One of my Mormon high school friends was in the same draft call with me in January 1967. At the pre-induction center in Oakland, he stated that he was a contentious objector, and could not take up arms against an enemy.

The Army said "Fine, you can be a medic!" I talked to him a few years after we got out, and he saw a lot of action in Viet Nam treating and evacuating wounded soldiers.

He stayed in the emergency responder field when he was a civilian again and was pursuing advanced training through the GI bill.

Replace the religion with Seventh Day Adventist, and I have a good friend who has the exact same story, down to the emergency responder/L.E.O. career afterwards and the medic, during. He was from the Tahoe area. Believe he was also drafted in '67. He arrived in Vietnam in January, 1968. Two weeks later, the Tet Offensive started. He never thought he was going to get out of Vietnam alive, after that started. EDIT: He was SW of Saigon.

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by Hook]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 03:11 PM

All religions are weird if not freaky when viewed from the outside. Some religions are freakier than others. The believers are brainwashed, so can’t see the weirdness of their own freak show.

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
All religions are weird if not freaky when viewed from the outside. Some religions are freakier than others. The believers are brainwashed, so can’t see the weirdness of their own freak show.

[Edited on 7-2-2022 by mtgoat666]

Boy, you got that right.

Especially that one that is in vogue right now. Ultra-liberalism. :lol:

Even San Francisco seems to be waking up to it.:smug:

THE NEW WOKE!!!!!

[Edited on 7-7-2022 by Hook]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 09:43 PM

Speaking of polygamy, there's a pretty insane and scary documentary about Warren Jeffs, a guy with like 67 wives who was raping young girls. A reminder about unchecked power and our tendency to follow crazy religious leaders.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 09:59 PM

I’d worry more about the 38% that are still following a senile old man!
Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 10:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Because the ones who were raped are female and they probably ask for it or deserved it right??? The things you worry about, or don't worry about are a little efed up.

[Edited on 7-3-2022 by Bajazly]

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2022 at 10:58 PM

Goat,

Even living under your bed you should know that men get raped too! Most rape convictions should require mandatory castration!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 03:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Are you concerned that if he were to lose a 100% proven valid election that he would act like a spoiled brat six year old and throw a tantrum and then encourage his followers to gather in DC and then rile them up and have them make an effort to deny the will of the people and tarnish the sanctity of our democracy and overrun the public servants in uniform who protect the nations capitol while causing death and destruction to illegally overturn said election, and then get away with it?

Is that your worry? It should be because its happened before.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 07:23 PM

Disgust is a common theme in most religions. Disgust is why members of religions purify themselves and have rules about what is moral and immoral. It's also what gives religious communities structure and bonds its members. Disgust is a foundation of all religious communities. In our current world it's what separates and bonds the two political parties here in the US. It probably goes back to our tribal beginnings. Although in the animal world its purpose is to maintain good health.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2022 at 08:36 PM

Studied Comparative Religion sometime back as a prerequisite for a Jesuit university. ''Cargo cult'' sums up what I think of religion.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/1959-cargo-cults-...

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.