BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11
Author: Subject: Care to give Baja Nomad a little something?
dao45
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 12:48 AM

Oh my! It always seems to boil down to money.Quit acting like a shark and you will have a more enriching expeirene

good for you call the spelling police
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 09:56 AM

As promised in my earlier post in this string, I am offering an apology to Doug for wondering about any political motivation for some of his decisions. By U2U he has refuted it "100%". I was wrong and I am happy I was wrong.

Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
As promised in my earlier post in this string, I am offering an apology to Doug for wondering about any political motivation for some of his decisions. By U2U he has refuted it "100%". I was wrong and I am happy I was wrong.

So it was not a vast right wing conspiracy as you waxed on about in an previous post. I was half expecting you to mention black helicopters and tinfoil hats causing you problems as well.:lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Holmstead
So it was not a vast right wing conspiracy as you waxed on about in an previous post. I was half expecting you to mention black helicopters and tinfoil hats causing you problems as well.:lol:

I guess that depends on perspectives Chris. Are you a Republican? Pound for pound off-topic yields a heftier product.
:lol::lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Holmstead

I guess that depends on perspectives Chris. Are you a Republican? Pound for pound off-topic yields a heftier product.
:lol::lol:

I do not like the off topic as it has no referees.:lol:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 04:45 PM

David, you are such a good friend to seek income. You didn't say this place was in trouble so unless Doug says so I'll make a contribution to a needy recipient closer to home.

No, there is no money in tees, or hats. They pay for themselves thru logo/mark identification not retail sales of them.

Anyhoo I suppose if BN needed......... Doug??

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 05:06 PM

See my comments about Doug in the other thread that I first brought up the idea of pitching a few coins to the guy who does so much to keep this site online.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=34029

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:44 PM
Really love to drop in and check the thoughts here

That said......I'll do what no one else has commented on here and offer to support Doug by the tune of $500.00 bucks because even though I have been chased from posting here I still lurk and call this wonderful man my friend...............

So Sharkl how say you?????

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:48 PM

So what about a fundraising party? Maybe FDT can help us plan something. At a hotel/motel with a nice garden or something near the border.
Maybe at the campground near La Fonda. That when when I, er... I mean people drink too much beer they can just crash out there.
$2 a beer or margarita and maybe some food too.
A saturday before it gets too cold to camp.
Anyone?:coolup:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:52 PM

$16/car to camp in the dirt at la fonda!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: maybe your stuff is there after you wake up the next day....

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
$16/car to camp in the dirt at la fonda!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: maybe your stuff is there after you wake up the next day....

Okay Woody, where's a good place then?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 11:46 PM

Perhaps some day Bernie. Sorry but our place is still beat up from the last flood. I'd like to get it fixed up before I send money to Doug. Priorities I guess. :lol:

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DR.EVIL13
Banned

Mood: Pondering

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Perhaps some day Bernie. Sorry but our place is still beat up from the last flood. I'd like to get it fixed up before I send money to Doug. Priorities I guess. :lol:

So,you want to use the site but do not want to pay.
Interesting.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:32 AM

I like the silent auction idea because you may get more participants, and it would cost money to travel somewhere to a multi-day party in Baja. Regardless of whether or how much money Doug might desire, this would be a fun activity in support of the site. I made a Gonzaga Bay Yacht Club t-shirt for my dad about 30 years ago and he never wore it because it was too small - a one-of-a-kind item. I now have it and could auction it off. I don't know how it would work exactly - posting photos of items, with u2u's to one coordinator with silent bids? The person offering the item would be required to make arrangements with the person with the winning bid, and making sure Doug gets the proceeds (via PayPal account?).
Or, how about someone getting a meeting room in San Diego (church, work site), or some place like Shelter Island - have some tables, BBQ grill - for an evening - bring the items, a pot luck dish, and have a dinner or something and all goods/money changes hands that night. Spread the word, bring guests.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 08:40 AM

i'm out. getting ready for the 10 day trip. i was just pointing out that la fonda is a rip and friends lost 2 boards there once. san miguel is only $3-5/car and you have all of ensenada to have a ho-down.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
That said......I'll do what no one else has commented on here and offer to support Doug by the tune of $500.00 bucks because even though I have been chased from posting here I still lurk and call this wonderful man my friend...............

So Sharkl how say you?????

Thank you Bernie for your generosity... and don't ever let anyone chase you away... Heck, they have tried to chase me away for years... not going to happen... and why should it?

Viva Baja Bernie

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by David K]

think_bajaL.jpg - 47kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I have an idea...........how about persons who continually promote their Mexico related businesses on Nomads actually pay for advertising on the site?

Why expend all those man-hours organizing a fundraiser or auction and dealing with the logistics?

If you gain financial income from promoting your business on Nomads..........then take some of that money and actually pay for advertising here.

I don't think this is a radical new model I'm talking about...............

This and Hook's other post makes a lot of sense. Some boards don't even allow the linking to another website if it is at all commercial. Lots of different formats.

Some boards don't have any advertising, paid or not and openly ask for donations to keep them going free from advertising. And, I have never minded donating to those boards.

But, it is Doug's board and he makes the rules. There are a number of paid advertisements on this board and one might conclude that there is enough income earned from those or maybe he would not allow the free advertising, or request the donations directly ---- then, no problem.

David, I read all of your explanations, but IMHO, I still think since it is his board, he needs to speak for himself.

Just a thought

Diane

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by jdtrotter]

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Nomads like to support businesses they hear good things about here, right?

San Ignacio B & B, B. A. B & B, all of Graham's books, Baja Cactus Motel, FDT's tours, etc. Problem is; why shouldn't Doug reap some reward for likely increasing sales for these businesses?

[Edited on 9-25-2008 by Hook]
Don't know about the hotels or B&B's or even if Graham has made a killing selling books to nomads but I can say that I have had one (uno) paying walking tour of Tijuana that is a Nomad, bbbait.
I even had a hard time convincing people here to take the tours for free.
I started the web site with the tours on November 06.

[Edited on 9-26-2008 by fdt]

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:42 PM

So no fund raising party? :(

Silent auction... borrring!!!

I guess I'll just mail Doug a dollar. :)

palmeto99
Banned

Mood: Trying to bring the worlds people together one post at a time.

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:54 PM

If Doug charged money for this site, half the members would quit as they are so cheap.:biggrin:

The advice I am about to give you is worth what you are paying for it.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.