Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Thanksgiving trip to Gonzaga Bay
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 05:13 AM
Banning Pass

Beer Can!! Super to hear from you! Drove past your place twice last week and didn't see your A36.

Yep...Banning pass can be a little interesting. The Boss and I flew through it twice...once each way.... about once a month for 15 years as we went from Sacramento or San Francisco to Mexicali on our way to Gonzaga Bay. When the wind was howling it was my practice to go way out to the east after I got around Edwards AFB and sneak into the Palm Springs Valley with that east wind on my tail...avoiding the pass. One nasty trip between San Gorgonio and San Jacinto at about 10,000 to 12,000 will spook your passengers and make your life a little more colorful.

Not everybody knows that the Pettis VOR and NDB in the pass is named after Jerry Pettis, a congressman from Riverside, who crashed there trying to get home in a snow storm in about 1974. Some might remember that Frank Sinatra's mother died in a Lear Jet on San Gorgonio in a high wind situation in about 1983 or 84. Bold pilots get to be old pilots by morphing from hawks to chickens in places like that.
Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 09:01 AM

Yo BB is it Chervil or Cherwil????????
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonanza bucko
David:
Sorry for the confusion but most of was not mine....several guys thanked "Dave" for the good photos because they thought you took them and I think that was because of your message which transmitted my "link" Examples are Udowinkler on 12-4 and Trippledigitken on 12-5. Your message also made me think you were admin because my "link" was redundant with the address I had in the original message.

What is your role here David?

Bucko

Just to share as much of the 'Baja feeling' as possible! :yes:

Technically: I am the 'longest or oldest' Nomad after Doug, have the most posts, and helped to let all the Amigos de Baja I could contact know where we were welcome when that forum went off the air, without any warning. :o

The link you gave had some code in it that wouldn't let it be a direct or hyper link... so, I made one, your photos were good enough for the effort!... Doug later came along and fixed your link in your post.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:09 AM
confusion

David:
Thanks! Didn't know I need the help. Appreciate your effort.

BB
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:12 AM
Chervill!!??

Bronco:
Geeze, Bronco, you must be supernatural. Where did you get that stuff. BTW neither is correct. Guess what is.

BB:P
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bonanza bucko
David:
Thanks! Didn't know I need the help. Appreciate your effort.

BB

No problem! If the link isn't all blue, in color, then there is some code in it, or it is too long for Nomad...

I used this icon (located right above where you type your post):
to make it be a direct, clickable link...

Have a great day!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 10:21 AM

Quote:

Not everybody knows that the Pettis VOR and NDB in the pass is named after Jerry Pettis, a congressman from Riverside, who crashed there trying to get home in a snow storm in about 1974. Some might remember that Frank Sinatra's mother died in a Lear Jet on San Gorgonio in a high wind situation in about 1983 or 84............

Trivia tidbit......Dean Paul Martin, son of actor/singer Dean Martin, earned his wings with the California Air National Guard in 1981.

Martin died in 1987 when his National Guard F-4 Phantom fighter jet crashed in California's San Bernardino Mountains during a snowstorm......San Gorgonio Mountain.

Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 11:04 AM

Supernatural, no but I am married to a Curandera. BTW we have a Chupacabara and we do rentarlo. In talking with my esposa she, in a drug induced state, mumbled -Cherwel or Chervel? She has this visions, but she is a good women, I call her "Boogieswampwomen". If you are interested I can post a picture of our Chupacabra?
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 03:29 PM
Chupacabara

Geeze Bronco...please do that. I can't wait to see one that ain't drunk.

You also need to tell su esposa that she should refrain from reading pilots' licenses that were prepared by specially hired FAA clerks. That is the source of "Cherwill"...the source for the other one can only be sorcery.

BB:-)
Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 06:21 PM
Sauce a ree?

Lo Siento, the overuse of Pulque can cause neurological repercussions. Aside from cerebral abnormalities exhibited by recent studies and consultations with the AAN, I can only promise you that your privacy was not invaded. Accordingly, in recent studies by RM Upton,MD, PHd, excessive use of '"Pulque abuse and derivatives of such substance abuse" , have been seen in the Baja peninsula. The conclusion exhibited hallucinations with delusions of "flight syndromes"!! Possibly my wife has seen this and I apologize and offer you two weeks of our "Chupacaba'! Trust me he is gentle and will amaze your vecinos in Gonzaga.
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2008 at 08:37 PM
Chupacabara

Bronco:
You are in desperate need of better tequila. Su Esposa must be hiding under the bed with the Chupacabara's little ones to stay safe.

....or you have fingers fatter than the keyboard....or both

BB :-):?:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 07:59 AM

It is possible the file name of the photo contains something like an ' that won't allow it to post. Change the file name for the photo to something short and simple... OR, start a free photobucket.com account and hot link your photos from there to here (multiple photos on one post possible).

If all else fails, email me the photo and I will post it here for you! info*AT*vivabaja.com and put BAJA NOMAD in the subject line.:light:

Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 09:02 AM
Tks David

With a new name change-one
ChupaNewf

Schbug.JPG - 44kB
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 09:49 AM

De nada Bronco... nice photo... BIG dog!

If you wish to remove the above unsuccessful attempts to post the photo from this thread, just click the following... (the edit button is right above each of your posts):

EDIT > DELETE THIS MESSAGE > EDIT POST

bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 09:51 AM
Trust David K.

Bronco et al:
I found it pays to trust David K. to fix your goof ups. Most of us are bozos about how to use this site...and the internet generally. He has saved my butt at least once.

BTW: I love the Chupacabara Neuf...looks like some of my friends.

BB
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2008 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bronco
With a new name change-one
ChupaNewf

Bronco: are your neighbors giving you as much grief as I'm getting on your colors? Really like the window treatment.

Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2008 at 08:11 AM
Mucho complements, 0 complaints

In lieu of bad Spanish I figured a nice Mexican color scheme was a compromise.

joni office 3.JPG - 26kB
Happyjack
Banned

[*] posted on 12-8-2008 at 10:36 AM

Here is another compliment. The place is beautiful.

letting my mind go where my body can't take me.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2008 at 12:49 PM

Bucko.... I really enjoyed your trip pics!
Bob H
bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2008 at 05:50 PM
pictures

Bob H:
Thanks. I got a new camera and it makes bozos like me look as though they know what they are doing.

BB :-)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.