Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Tipping at grocery stores in Mexico
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
David, you are sour! Always picking a fight! Why such abrassiveness? I am new here but your posts are often so insulting. That's one reason why I lurked here for years. I do enjoy your historical, informative info but the political, industrial is....... not easy to listen to .

How was DK Sour in this post? Only bash David K when he deserves it :yes:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
David, you are sour! Always picking a fight! Why such abrassiveness? I am new here but your posts are often so insulting. That's one reason why I lurked here for years. I do enjoy your historical, informative info but the political, industrial is....... not easy to listen to .

Errrr Ahhhh, me thinks this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black? Perception is everything, you know. I find your posts rather testy, certainly laced with opinion, and yes, even abrasive.

I have never read anything by DavidK that is "sour", but even that is subject to interpretation, I admit.

Also I have observed that David K only responds in a testy manner when attacked, or insulted. I would expect no less from anybody.

Welcome to the posting side of this board-------looking forward to you contributions. :tumble:

Barry
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 07:00 PM

When in Baja, Mojo tips the (honest) Pemex Jockeys, The grocery baggers, the parking lot guards, the restaurant waitresses, the motel maids , the sport guides- why not ... Mojo's on vacation :P
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

I have never read anything by DavidK that is "sour", but even that is subject to interpretation, I admit.

Also I have observed that David K only responds in a testy manner when attacked, or insulted. I would expect no less from anybody.

Barry

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

Barry

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

---------:?::?::?: should I have said "SELDOM responds in a testy manner" ???? :lol:

Barry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 09:56 PM

Quote:

Please, please... quote me where I have picked a fight. I only seeked clarity in my question to Dennis. I also did not call Dennis a 'DicK', so please try to be a bit more fair and balanced.

As for other stuff about me... it is kind of like saying the new Arizona law is racist without even reading it! :lol::light:

To read my posts would be an eye opener if you think I am ever abbrasive or start fights or ever call someone a nasty name... it just doesn't happen.

Thank you and good night.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2010 at 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by karenintx
I too have witnessed Americans and Canadians that do not tip but what excuse do the locals have for not tipping? Lots of them...when they do tip it is only centavos. Maybe they need to get the memo!

My tip is predicated on the service I am given.

1. When I speak to the "bagger" in Spanish...do they look at me and greet
me back. I am alway pleasant to them so respect goes a long way.

2. How do they bag my groceries...wine bottles on top of my bread is
an automatic deduction.

3. Do they double bag the heavy stuff when asked.

4. Senior citizens always get a bigger tip from me. What can I say,
I have lost both of my parents in the past two years and it breaks
my heart to see a elderly person having to work for tips.

Actually the best baggers are senoir citizen females. They too understand that after a person pays good money for food the last thing a customer wants is a bagger that destorys the food before you can get it home.

Just food for thought...no pun intended!

Don't be an idiot...no pun intended. It's not rocket science. Just TIP. OMG
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 07:37 AM

Morning Tony,

As I said I do "tip"...on the service I receive...just like people said they tip on the sevice they receive when they go to Pemex. Maybe you didn't read that posting.

Anyway if you ever get the chance to met me you will quickly learn that I am a very generous person...not an idiot.

Have a nice day, Tony!
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 07:44 AM

Chuck, you got it exactly right. Celebrate our differences wherever you travel. That's not a deep, dark concept but I see lots of gringo travelers down here fighting the system every day in every way just to preserve a kind of comfortable balance they got into stateside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Please, please... quote me where I have picked a fight. I only seeked clarity in my question to Dennis. I also did not call Dennis a 'DicK', so please try to be a bit more fair and balanced.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Clarity :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DaviDaviDaviDaviD...........I didn't call you "A" DicK. I called you DK, as everyone else here does, and typo'd in an "ic" between the D and the K so it came out like this, DicK. An honest error, DicK. [oh oh...there it is again. These nasty fingers....I'll just have to give them a good scolding]

By the way....I didn't see this reply of your as a search for clarity. I saw it as confrontational. At the moment, that's what it was and you know it.

Quote:
Yah, and so are waitresses at restaurants... or don't you ever tip where people are also paid?

Anyway, cut the aspiring Dalai Lama crap and accept yourself as who and what you are.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: clarity :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-14-2010 by DENNIS]
chuckbolton

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:43 AM

dennis- david- barry and anyone who wants to participate in personal attacks

please take your personal arguments offline- the rest of us dont want to hear it---read about it or really know about it

[Edited on 6-14-2010 by chuckbolton]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckbolton

please take your personal arguments offline- the rest of us dont want to hear it---read about it or really know about it

You think THESE are attacks? Stick around, noob. Eventually you'll see the real thing.
In the meantime, quit trying to direct traffic here and if you don't like my posts, don't read them.

And...who are you speaking for 'the rest of us?"

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

You think THESE are attacks? Stick around, noob. Eventually you'll see the real thing.
In the meantime, quit trying to direct traffic here and if you don't like my posts, don't read them.

And...who are you speaking for 'the rest of us?"

Somethings are just a given around here----and no matter what, DK will always be the victim and NEVER the instigator. :lol::lol::lol:

But chuckbolton, don't you think your final comment in your first post on this thread was a personal attack toward some of us? A trolling type political comment which is what usually starts things going big time. ???? I found it offensive enough to not take any of your comments seriously.

Political comments should also be saved for off-topic----

[Edited on 6-14-2010 by DianaT]

chuckbolton

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 09:05 AM

diana-- you are correct--this is not the place for politics-- that being said-- i will delete that part of my post--
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
diana-- you are correct--this is not the place for politics-- that being said-- i will delete that part of my post--

Thanks----makes it easy to agree with what you said.

chuckbolton

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 09:50 AM

its very easy to judge standards in mexico by what you are accustomed to in the states. reality is- kids work in mexico and most dont in the US. if i was a store owner and was inundated with kids wanting to work-- id probably let them in for tips- do you know they arent getting something from the store owner-- i know of several restaurants in ensenada where the waiters actually bid for the position and then work solely for tips-- we cannot change the customs of the entire country-- what is the current unemployement rate in mexico-- sure most are working at low wages, but they are working-- i know of a family that lost their house in the US because dad wouldnt take a job that paid less than he thought he was worth (100K) enjoy mexico and enjoy the differences--its not better or worse,its different- and for this im sure i will get some responses that berate me for my opinion--

- i tried to edit my earlier post-- could not seem to be able to do that- so i deleted it in its entirety and repost the other part
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 11:34 AM

Hey look! It's taken four pages for this thread to get around to the exchange of personal insults.

Isn't this some sort of a record?

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Hey look! It's taken four pages for this thread to get around to the exchange of personal insults.

Isn't this some sort of a record?

Worse than that. Research shows they have most effect on page one which makes these page four gems practically useless.
Oh, well....practice practice practice.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 11:42 AM

When it gets to page four who looks at page one, who even knows what started it all.;D

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.