Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  15
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I don't entirely agree. I have found him to show a compassionate side to him (shown by erasing negative posts about someone he has previously written). I still would like to know who he is but I don't blame him for not revealing his true persona. The way people are viciously attacked and maligned on the internet is a very good reason not to say who you really are and he has young children.
Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
If you [JoeJustJoe] choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

BajaLuna, joe is inauthentic for the vast majority of things he posts. He is a bully and a troll. He posts solely to get a reaction, and most of it is made up out of whole cloth with tiny nuggets of truth. If you have a strong stomach, check out his rabid posts in the OT. Over 6,000 posts since he joined and of that, only a single digit percentage have been posted someplace on the main section of Baja Nomad, likely all in a controversial topic like this. No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks. The best thing to with joe is ignore him or call him out. However, when you call him on things you have to be prepared for him to turn the attack on you. It's what bullies do, just like the shooter.

Janene thanks for the kind words about my compassion, and thanks for the medical advice you have given me U2U on a minor medical problem I had. However, I must correct you before bad rumors get started. I do not have small children, I have three adult children, and I'm of pre-retirement age and I'm looking forward to grandchildren to spoil, but wouldn't want to start all over with my own children.

Regarding charges from Taco Bell. Lets just say I'm happier in controversial topics, and like the freedom of the OT, and because I'm liberal, Latino, and see things differently than the typical older white conservative member of "Baja Nomad." What seems to happen if sometimes these more conservative members don't like what I'm saying, and try to attack or troll me. I of course have a sharp tongue, and can give these trolls a dose of their own medicine back to them, and then they get mad.

I find what Taco Bell says about me funny, " No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks."

Like I said, I have wrote trip reports before on different forums, but I don't see much of the other things Taco Bell talks about happening either. I do recall another Nomad member making self serving posts about wanting to provide shoes for every homeless Mexican kid in Baja! It's sounds like a worthy goal, but at the end of the day it's just self serving talk that seems to given to illicit pats on the back, than actually giving Mexican shoeless kids shoes even one pair of shoes.

Oh the reason why I wanted to post in this thread since it's now dying out. I want to announce by the end of the week, we might actually get somebody to go into the Rosarito police station, and have them ask a few questions to Rosarito police personnel, and get the police's side of the story about the jailing of Gretchen, if it's possible, and they are willing to talk. I can't guarantee this will happen, but my track record is pretty good, and there is a very good chance, we will hear the other side of this story.

This is what JoeJustJoe often does, I bring you stories about a Baja event, disputes, or fights that others could only dream of getting.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 01:43 PM

Joe, I do remember you posting something about small children, in fact, I saw the post reposted on the other site, and this is where I got the idea. You know our friends over there think that we are personal friends and that I know your family, etc., but they are wrong. The other thing is the "Goody Two-shoes" connection which was never related to you in the first place, you just came up with the label.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 03:51 PM

Pesadilla recurrente.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Oh wait a minute - no I changed my mind, I want to read what the Tijuana U.S. Consulate says about it.

Now....you know they don't discuss America or Americans with common American citizens. They figure it's none of our business.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-18-2013 at 04:25 PM

Just came back from Playas de Tijuana and saw a man walk by me in a t-shirt that said Bombero Salvavida. Which means fireman and Lifeguard. I asked him if they are the same guys that are on patrol at the Rosarito Beach and he said they are the on same branch of public service. I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

[Edited on 10-18-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-18-2013 at 04:44 PM

Rescue personnel and first responders have similar training and could sometimes work under the same administration.

In Canada (and likely other places), for instance, the fire departments have firefighting trucks and an emergency response/medical response vehicle that will both respond to a fire/vehicle accident/industrial accident, etc.

That way, medical attention can be given if they show up before an ambulance does....and they can provide a range of life-saving as well as firefighting services.

Combining inter-disciplinary services under one administration is cost effective, efficient, and over-lapping.

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2013 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

in the states, paramedics are firemen.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-18-2013 at 06:55 PM

Yes but the likelihood of a fire occurring at the beach or a drowning during a fire is slim to none. But I understand that the response that emergency training, in whatever area is similar and cost effective.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I don't understand why firemen would be on the beach, and acting as lifeguards. Does anyone have any idea why they combine the two areas together?

[Edited on 10-19-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-19-2013 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:

EMTs are usually the ones showing up on fire trucks.

EMTs usually complete a course that is about 120-150 hours in length. Paramedic courses can be between 1,200 to 1,800 hours. EMT and paramedic courses consist of lectures, hands-on skills training, and clinical and/or field internships. EMTs are educated in many skills including CPR, giving patients oxygen, administering glucose for diabetics, and helping others with treatments for asthma attacks or allergic reactions. With very few exceptions, such as in the case of auto-injectors for allergic reactions, EMTs are not allowed to provide treatments that requiring breaking the skin: that means no needles. Paramedics are advanced providers of emergency medical care and are highly educated in topics such as anatomy and physiology, cardiology, medications, and medical procedures. They build on their EMT education and learn more skills such as administering medications, starting intravenous lines, providing advanced airway management for patients, and learning to resuscitate and support patients with significant problems such as heart attacks and traumas.

https://www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/node/27‎

Bob Durrell
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 03:26 PM

JoeJustJoe wrote: Oh the reason why I wanted to post in this thread since it's now dying out. I want to announce by the end of the week, we might actually get somebody to go into the Rosarito police station, and have them ask a few questions to Rosarito police personnel, and get the police's side of the story about the jailing of Gretchen, if it's possible, and they are willing to talk. I can't guarantee this will happen, but my track record is pretty good, and there is a very good chance, we will hear the other side of this story. This is what JoeJustJoe often does, I bring you stories about a Baja event, disputes, or fights that others could only dream of getting.

As I stated a few days ago. I have a few good sources in Rosarito beach and one of those sources did finally get a chance to talk to at least one Rosarito Beach police officer and get their side of the story, and this police officer works in the jail and is very familiar with this incident, and gives a very good account of what happened from the Rosarito police perspective, something we don't have here on "Baja Nomad" or any other Baja site.

I did not submit any questions to my source in Rosarito, and they just asked the questions they felt were important, or what the police officer told them.

It was not a lengthy interview, but after you see it, I think you will kinda get the gist on how things actually went down on that tragic day when the fireman/lifeguard was shot and killed, and you'll also learn a few things the Youtube video didn't tell you. There were also a few things the Rosarito cop said, that seems supported by Gretchen's "YouTube" video.

I'm busy watching football games, and entertaining, so I have to get back to those things, so perhaps late tonight, or early tomorrow, I will post the Rosarito's police version of the events after the shooting.

One thing both the Rosarito police officer said, and what Gretchen said in the YouTube video, is that she told the Rosarito police, "she was an very important American." So this is one fact both sides could agree one, Gretchen repeatedly told the police " how important of an American she is. There is more to this story, but again it wasn't a long interview, but it's an eyeopener.

Stand by for the Rosarito police side of this story.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 03:49 PM

Why doesn't someone [not me...I'm not on facebook] get ahold of this woman and have her tell her story here.
I supported here without question in the past, but I'm beginning to feel I was wrong.
She must come forward, soon, or be labeled a fraud in my eyes.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't someone [not me...I'm not on facebook] get ahold of this woman and have her tell her story here.
I supported here without question in the past, but I'm beginning to feel I was wrong.

Hey Dennis,
Why should she care what you think :?: why should she come to your internet hangout spot? Why don't you go to her hangout spot?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:14 PM

Why the sudden change of heart, Dennis? She seems to have some common ground with you, her Facebook states she is an avid photographer. Besides, she already told her story on 4 You Tube videos. I think it's the Mexican police's turn.
Quote:

[Edited on 10-20-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 06:31 PM

Maybe Gretchen Smith's recent post (yesterday) on her Facebook page has given more than a few folks pause. It doesn't help her credibility IMHO:

"The people with penises are really starting to get on my nerves."

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by Marla Daily]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Maybe Gretchen Smith's recent post (yesterday) on her Facebook page has given more than a few folks pause. It doesn't help her credibility IMHO:

That's classic!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

That's classic!

Her credibility is going up! Sounds like Gretchen knows more about men than Marla :lol:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 08:43 PM

That's about 49% of the population give and take a few in between!! Gretchen is really angry now!!
Quote:

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by Marla Daily]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Sounds like Gretchen knows more about men than Marla :lol:

What does Gretchen know about Marla?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 03:03 AM

OK lets get a Rosarito Beach police officer's statement of fact, and opinion on what happened after the Baja Lifeguard was shot and killed and what led to Grechen's arrest and time in the Rosarito jail.

I understand from my Rosarito source who spoke directly to one of the Rosarito's officers and was there at the time of Grechen's booking , and knew all about the incident because of his position at the Rosarito police station. I was not told if he actually witnessed the arrest, but I was told we were lucky to get this police officer to answer a few questions, because of his position within the police force.

According to this Rosarito officer, Gretchen was arrested because of her disorderly conduct at the crime scene.

She was asked repeatedly and politely, in English, to step away from the crime scene, but, she did not obey the orders, and instead she screamed many "grocerias" (bad words) at the Rosarito police officer! While the police were trying to find the killer, and do their investigation. Gretchen approached the Rosarito Police chief, and spit on him and said "gorcerias" to him too! She was warned that if she didn't step away, she would be arrested, but she continued to ignore the order, and even dared the police to arrest her, and said, she was a very important American.

My source asked the police officer who was being briefly interviewed, " why wasn't Grethen referred for a mental evaluation? The police officer at the jail said that she was evaluated by a medical doctor, and was found to be healthy enough to face the short term detention.

My source told the police officer at the jail, that it was their belief that Gretchen was detained for 72 hours. The officer said that he didn't know about that, but he went on to explain to my source, that they have two jails in Rosarito. One jail is by the CESPT (water Dept.), and that is the jail were they hold people who commit minor violations and will do short detentions.

The other jail, by City Hall, is for serious violations and longer detentions. Gretchen was placed on the jail for short term violations.

The police officer told my source that regular street cops don't usually know what goes on inside the jail, and that Maybe, "Gretchen was let out after the 36 hours, but, at that moment she continued with her aggressive behavior, and they gave her another 36 hours to settle down."

There are a few unanswered questions, and my source apologized to me, that they weren't able to get more information, but I'm amazed at the information they were able to get, and it's pretty much as I originally suspected from watching Gretchen's "Youtube" video, and the things that even Gretchen herself mentioned.

It looks like Gretchen actually tried to help, but when things weren't happening fast enough and like she wanted, she became unglued and went into a bipolar rage while she physically and verbally abused a Rosarito police officer, including the chief of police!

No police officer in the world, would put up with that type of behavior from a private citizen, let alone a foreign tourist. Obviously Gretchen's time at the jail was a sort of "time out" and the more she showed aggressive behavior while in jail, the longer they left were in prison till she settled down, and it looks like she was visited in jail by a doctor, and two visits by what looks like two different judges, or one judge twice, and the Rosarito judges visit is according to Gretchen's own account. In part four of the Youtube video, Grethen said right before the judge was going to let her out, he told her to stop fighting. ( her criticism about the judge was that the judge wasn't dressed the part, spoke Spanish, and didn't introduced himself)
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 09:30 AM
The "Rosarito" source

Ask your source to find out why, as an American citizen she was not allowed to contact the US Consulate or why the Rosarito police did not notify the consulate after her detention/arrest.

Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.