Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
and said "gorcerias" to him too!

The Spanish word "gorcerias" was probably the word the Rosarito police officer used, and that's why it was quoted. I believe it's from the word " grosería" and it looks like it may be spelled wrong.

I certainly hope you're not being one of those N-zi spelling bee champs that hangs out on "Baja Nomad" looking for misspellings, Lencho, because if you are, that's a very weak form of trolling, especially since it's in Spanish. My investigative source in Rosarito is very fluent in Spanish and English.

But here is the Spanish dictionary's definition of the word " grosería:"

grosería sf 1 (=mala educación) rudeness (=ordinariez) coarseness, vulgarity (=tosquedad) roughness 2 (=comentario) rude remark, vulgar remark (=palabrota) swearword
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 12:06 PM

I'll tell you for a fact that if a prisoner spits and yells groserias at a turnkey they will NOT let the prisoner out of a cell to do squat until they have calmed down. From personal experience with "Lorenzo" a hot-headed drug dealer that was expelled from the USA after a 2-year sentence at Santa Rita prison. Wholesaling cocaine. La gente labeled him a "pocho". He spent 4 days in el bote without food or water, His fault not the cops. As far as I am concerned the cops should have kept him 4,000 days.

I do not know if the subject of this thread did or did not do any of the things claimed above. But I do know what happens when a prisoner mistreats the jailers. He exited jail minus several teeth and according to the kids had one or two cracked ribs.

Jumping on a bandwagon when it has no wheels is a sad thing to see...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Ask your source to find out why, as an American citizen she was not allowed to contact the US Consulate or why the Rosarito police did not notify the consulate after her detention/arrest.

I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative!

We also don't know for sure if the Rosarito police didn't allow Gretchen to contact the US consulate. As you might recall, she claimed she was registered with US embassy, while also claiming, what an important person she was. I believe Gretchen has a few credibility issues as well as other problems, and her behavior in jail might have insured her jailers were not going to let her talk to anyone until she calmed down?

But I will be truthful, and make a guess that the police didn't allow her to contact the US Consulate, just like Mexican nationals and undocumented Mexican aliens who are often arrested in the US, and aren't allowed or told of their rights to contact the Mexican embassy/consulate. ( consulate is a smaller version of an embassy, and handles the smaller issues)

I'm also unsure if this woman had the right to call the US Consulate. I'm seeing some conflicting information, saying you have a right to call the embassy or rather Consulate anytime you're arrested, and other sites say, you have US embassy/consulate rights for any SERIOUS arrest or serious crime that is alleged. This woman was essentially arrested for disorderly conduct, and treated like a common American drunk or somebody that got involved in a fight and were put in jail to cool off or sleep it off. She was also put in the short term prison where they put people in for minor crimes.

I doubt most Americans who get tossed in Mexican jails invoke their Geneva rights to talk to their consulate, and besides it's a private matter and the US Consulate is not going to talk about, and there is little the Consulate is going to do anyway, except to make sure you're treated well in prison, and then they will give you a list of Mexican lawyers. The US Consulate no matter how important you say you are, they will not intervene and get you out of prison.

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 02:51 PM

If you request the mexican police contact the US embassy, the embassy may send a consular officer to see you in 5 to 10 business days if are lucky. The consular officer will do nothing more than give you a list of attorneys and contact your family back in the states. in this case, i imagine the consular officer would be about as much help as a sharp stick in the eye.

best advice for any of you arrested in mexico: don't expect your state department to provide any useful help, unless your "story" is elevated to a news story that gets attention in washington DC. the state dept doesn't have resources to aid all the gringos arrested overseas, so only responds when right buttons are pushed by a high profile case of enough notoriety to make it into press and get your congressman's attention. basically, they will aid you only when there is a chance they will publicly lose face by not aiding you :!::!::!::!:

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by mtgoat666]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 03:11 PM

A paraphrased report from an anonymous "source" taken from unidentified Rosarito policemen........

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 03:21 PM

This thread has gone berserk.....bonkers....irrelevant.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative! [Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

Actually (and factually) I was the INTERPOL State Liaison for Nevada from 1990 to 1998.

INTERPOL does not have "operatives" or "agents". INTERPOL uses the resources and personnel of member agencies to conduct investigations in response to international requests for assistance.

Since I am retired, I don't have any INTERPOL resources.....and no, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
A paraphrased report from an anonymous "source" taken from unidentified Rosarito policemen........

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, but I think our subject here that got arrested and put in jail is at the very least an explosive type of person, and is very big and tall. She also seems to be able to hold her own fighting with men!

I wouldn't want to put any of my friends or anonymous sources in any type of danger of being harassed or worse over their work and research in Rosarito they were so kindly willing to to do for me because I did them a few favors.

I wasn't told if the brief interview with the Rosarito police officer was on or off the record, and so I decided myself to keep his identity and job title secret, because I wouldn't want to get them in trouble in anyway.

However, my past record, and reputation about uncovering these types of cases should speak for themselves, but I don't force anybody to believe what I write, I leave that up to the readers.

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

Dennis seems to believe that he is the final arbitrator on "Baja Nomad" and he gets to determine what's relevant or not. However, I do give Dennis credit for admitting he might have been wrong about Gretchen.

It takes a big man to admit you may be wrong.

But I myself think this thread is finished. If you want to find something to bash Mexico and Baja over, get a new subject. I don't think getting behind this woman will help anybody make a anti-Mexico case.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry I'm not going to ask my source to go back and ask more questions. I think we pretty much know what happened here. However if you Bajaguy want more information, maybe you should use your " interpol" resources, because I understand from Lizard Lips, in the Gary Patton thread, that you were some kind of interpol operative! [Edited on 10-21-2013 by JoeJustJoe]

Actually (and factually) I was the INTERPOL State Liaison for Nevada from 1990 to 1998.

INTERPOL does not have "operatives" or "agents". INTERPOL uses the resources and personnel of member agencies to conduct investigations in response to international requests for assistance.

Since I am retired, I don't have any INTERPOL resources.....and no, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night

So you're not James Bond?
Zapotec
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:24 PM

Irrelevant? No, not all. It is actually very relevant. Reading about the cop's side of the story is VERY RELEVANT. What is it with people that go bonkers when all sides to an issue are presented?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:37 PM

Quote:

Dennis seems to believe that he is the final arbitrator on "Baja Nomad" and he gets to determine what's relevant or not.

Yep...I am MY final arbitrator, as well as determiner of my relevance.

You do what feels good for you...in fact, you might do more of it. It'll keep your hands occupied so you can't type.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you're not James Bond?

No, but I do know more about this and other subjects than you do.

Zapotec
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:

You do what feels good for you...in fact, you might do more of it. It'll keep your hands occupied so you can't type.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:58 PM

And we wonder why Mexicans stereotype white women???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD62rdILs_Q
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 04:09 PM

Woooosh isn't posting here anymore, but he put this up on TalkBaja earlier today, and I thought he'd appreciate sharing it here. I haven't asked yet, but I will in a minute:
==================================

Re: Rosarito lifeguard shot to death while on beach patrol: UPDATED WITNESS VIDEO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gretchen Smith paid a visit to our house yesterday for coffee talk. Since the murder of Lifeguard Mar Tajeda in her arms and the denial of her human rights in the Rosarito jail- she has been busy putting her case together. Gretchen is a missionary who creates social change through art: crime prevention through graffiti removal and community-themed murals. She has posted over 200 positive YouTube videos about Rosarito Beach and has many local commuinity art projects under her belt. She has travelled all over the world doing this and Rosarito Beach is the first place that hasn't cooperated with her art projects and she can't understand why. Even Somali rebels gave her more materials and support than Rosarito Beach has.

Gretchen wants her pound of flesh from the man who arrrested her and kept her behind bars. She claims it was the Chief of Police who arrested her, denied her the right to a phone call and kept her in the holding cell incommunicado for 72 hours. He is not the officer who sexually battered her. She has had everything translated and documented the past few weeks and wants her chance to confront him before a judge. Several north of the border news outlets (including the NY Times) are working on this story and have versions ready. The City (Mayor's Office) has asked her to wait and she is holding back the story for fear of embarrasing Rosarito Beach in the media. Several authorities have suggested she return to the USA for safety- but she wants to stay and fight this injustice in court. She is holding out hope Rosarito will meet her humble demands for justice so she doesn't have to go public. Today she has a meeting at the US Consulate in Tijuana. I don't know how this will turn out- but she is very strong willed and determined to get her justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Woooosh; Today at 03:35 PM.

tlalocs
Banned

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 04:42 PM

Rosarito police are notorious for being crooks and murderers.

It's pathetic for any of you to criticize a woman's actions after she attempted to the save a life of another innocent human being.

JJJ, You don't speak Spanish and have never been to Mexico. And no, mongering in Tijuana doesn't count. It's apparent that you are doubtful of a heroic act since your only reference point is your gutter.
Chupacabra
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Even Somali rebels gave her more materials and support than Rosarito Beach has.

She claims to have been aided by Somali rebels? I don't think so.

WTF
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 06:24 PM

Let's hope the truth prevails!

thanks Dennis for sharing this, it was good to have an update!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2013 at 06:54 AM

Quote:

Irrelevant is the right word.
 Pages:  1  ..  10    12    14  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.