BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14  
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 02:16 PM

Well then she should have made her announcement private in a U2U to Baja Blanca of the sighting instead of broadcasting it on Nomads and then left everyone curious or wondering whether or not she was just trolling or telling the truth? A good doctor is also a good detective...!! BTW
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
I agree monoloco!

DR, I thought I read on this thread that the family has been in touch with her and also that a Nomad has been in touch with her too since she first posted on here? She did explain further to the people who she needed to. She shared what she knew with the people that needed to get that info. Just because she is not on here participating doesn't mean she isn't available to the people she needs to be. Sheesh!

Would you come back on here with the treatment she received on BN?

All that is important is that she has talked with people that needed the info she had and she relayed what she needed to. I commend her for not getting involved on BN in regards to this matter and instead she talked directly to who she needed to.

BajaLuna you seem very very naive, and if you live in Baja, being so trusting is not a good trait to have in certain places in Mexico.

I personally have problems with somebody playing with a families emotions by claiming she personally talked with Gary in Rosarito for quite some time, when Gary's last location was hundreds of miles away in the opposite direction.

Do you actually believe Gary was in Rosarito BajaLuna?

Regarding her experiences with the Rosarito police, one of my contacts that lives in Rosarito confirmed with the Rosarito police that this self-admitted bipolar artist spit in the Rosarito police chief's face! There is another blog from an American ex-pat that confirmed this woman became unhinged on the beach, and left the Rosarito police little choice but to arrest her. This woman in her video confirms that she had visits from the judge at least twice.

The only question that remained was that if Gretchen was allowed to contact the US consulate? Even if she wasn't the only thing that "consulate" was going to do is make sure she is treated well, call her family, and give her a list of Mexican lawyers. That's if they even show up at her jail cell.

Here mistreatment story changed from the YouTube video, and now she claims some type of sexual abuse, according to that page Dennis copied from another Baja forum, and put it a few pages back in the thread. It was also said in that quote, that the New York, Times, and other media outlets were working on an imminent story on Gretchen's treatment in the Rosarito jail, but the city Mayor's office has asked her to wait, and she is holding back out of fear of embarrassing Rosarito beach in the media.

C'mon, that sounds like it's pretty close to extortion, thinking a story like this is going to ruin Tourism in Rosarito. BTW I have checked with at least at least one San Diego reporter who covers border issues and stories on both sides of the border, and they heard nothing about this story, but would contact me if they heard anything about it.

So where is the NY Times article?
So Where are the other local media stories on this?
Where is the follow up of Gary's sighting?
What happened to Gretchen's meeting with the US consulate?

This woman sure says and claims a lot of things, but there is never any follow up, not even on her Facebook.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 03:06 PM

This horse has been kicked around for far to long.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 03:23 PM

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
I agree monoloco!

DR, I thought I read on this thread that the family has been in touch with her and also that a Nomad has been in touch with her too since she first posted on here? She did explain further to the people who she needed to. She shared what she knew with the people that needed to get that info. Just because she is not on here participating doesn't mean she isn't available to the people she needs to be. Sheesh!

Would you come back on here with the treatment she received on BN?

All that is important is that she has talked with people that needed the info she had and she relayed what she needed to. I commend her for not getting involved on BN in regards to this matter and instead she talked directly to who she needed to.

Would you clue us in on how you would be privy to these exchanges? It seems, from your statements, that you know these things.
Do you know these things....you know...the things of which you speak? Or...are you simply being contradictory for the sake of Gawd knows why?

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 05:43 PM

I can't remember and am not going to re-read the thread(s):

Did she, herself, post on Nomad or did someone else post that they'd been in contact with her?

Anyone? With all these sleuthing exercises, can anyone supply her post(s) please?

edited to pluralize "thread" to "thread(s)"

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by Mulegena]

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 05:48 PM

Yes, the family posted they had talked to Gretchen.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 06:17 PM

Was there any follow up?? That is really what I am referring to. Yes, she stated she spoke to Gary. Yes, the family acknowledged they spoke to her. What was the final consensus or conclusion about Gary either being in Rosarito or not? Did the family feel that she had valuable information and that from her information, there was a high probability Gary was in Rosarito? That maybe we should be looking north instead of south? Or was it just a publicity stunt on the part of TallArtist?

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 06:31 PM

Dr,

I suggest you u2u the family rather than speculate.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Did she, herself, post on Nomad or did someone else post that they'd been in contact with her?

Anyone? With all these sleuthing exercises, can anyone supply her post(s) please?

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. She apparently became aware of the disappearance of Gary Patton and did contact the Patton family. On another thread here on Baja Nomad the Patton family-- not Gretchen-- reported that she'd been in contact with them reporting the posibility of seeing their missing relative.

Is the above correct?

This thread is about questioning her character because she made UTubes about being mistreated by the Rosarito police. It has now digressed into questioning her character because she reported possibly seeing Gary Patton in Rosarito.

Is the above correct?

We can assume she knows nothing about this thread, which at first was apologetic and accepting, but has now turned slanderous and defaming of her very mental status.

We can assume it really has nothing to do with Gary Patton, the Rosarito police department, Baja Tourism or even the price of tea in China.

Is the above correct?

This thread has devolved into bashing someone who no one here knows.

Is the above correct?

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
[
So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. Is the above correct?

This thread is about questioning her character because she made UTubes about being mistreated by the Rosarito police. It has now digressed into questioning her character because she reported possibly seeing Gary Patton in Rosarito.

Is the above correct?

Doesn't appear to be so.

tallartist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 10-1-2013 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Gary Patton

I believe I saw Gary in Rosarito Centro near Obrera on the beach a little over a week ago. He talked my ear off for a long time. Don't know how to reach the family. My email is tallartist@hotmail.com or call 661-123-1173. He was asking about rental prices in the area. Sorry for the delay but I am just not seeing this post.

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 08:42 PM

Ok, so she did join Baja Nomad and made one post.

Why bash her, either about that post or the incident with the Rosarito police and the way she handled that?

The Patton family is handling the search for the missing family member in the way they see fit.
Nobody knows tallartist.
We all have opinions.
Not worth it.

Let's move on, folks.

Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:06 PM

Posted by Dennis:
"No longer on the fence. I made my regrets known , in this thread, I believe, for my support of this woman's report. She proved herself unreliable by not returning calls to this thread that would vindicate her of emanating her opportunistic fantasies.
In other words...I think she's a lying psycho POS and I fell for it.

Gawwwwdammmm....will I ever learn?

Apology graciously accepted, by the way. Thanks."

It is now time for this sad thread and this woman to go the way of the Dodo Bird, goodbye and good riddance!!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:07 PM

Quote:

Let's move on, folks.

Yes. I thought we were doing that. :light:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Floatflyer
Posted by Dennis:

Try to keep up with the dates on these posts, FF. If you want the issue to die and go away, quit grave digging.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

So she, herself, didn't join Baja Nomad. She, herself, did not post on Baja Nomad that she'd seen Gary Patton. She apparently became aware of the disappearance of Gary Patton and did contact the Patton family. On another thread here on Baja Nomad the Patton family-- not Gretchen-- reported that she'd been in contact with them reporting the posibility of seeing their missing relative.

Is the above correct?

Is the above correct?

We can assume she knows nothing about this thread, which at first was apologetic and accepting, but has now turned slanderous and defaming of her very mental status.

We can assume it really has nothing to do with Gary Patton, the Rosarito police department, Baja Tourism or even the price of tea in China.

Is the above correct?

This thread has devolved into bashing someone who no one here knows.

Is the above correct?

I do think this thread reached the end of the line a few weeks back, but I also think before you give an opinion here and tell others what they should do, is that you should learn the facts that are already presented in the "YouTube" video, or what's written in this thread.

Although you Mulegena are trying to get a handle on what's going on here, you are just so wrong in this series of questions you are asking over and over again where you ask, " is the above correct?"The question to your questions is mostly, NO YOU ARE NOT CORRECT!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 01:21 AM

It seems our favorite Rosarito resident Gretchen, aka Tall Artist who has admitted in her "YouTube" video of having suffering from a bipolar disorder, seems to have been involved with another incident with the Rosarito police, according to an anonymous source that gave me details of her couple of days in a Rosarito jail, from a Rosarito police officers perspective who witnessed her in prison.

If you recall Gretchen witnessed a shooting of a Mexican lifeguard, and she tried to help him while he lay mortally wounded, Gretchen at the time felt the Mexican officials didn't act fast enough, and the more and more the Mexican police and paramedics wasted time, the more and more Gretchen got agitated, and her bipolar conditioned seemed to kick in and by the time the paramedics took the dying lifeguard away, Grethchen was in a full rage yelling at the top of her lungs at the Rosarito police for not acting fast enough, and in fact the Rosarito police arrested Grethen and put her in jail. She felt they had no right to arrest her, and jail her, and she also claimed the Mexican jailers refused her access to the American consulate.

The story I heard was that Grethen spit in the face of the Rosarito police chief in addition to yelling loudly at the other officers, who warned her of arrest if she didn't calm down. I also heard she was very combated in the jail too, and that's why they kept her in prison for those days.

Well the latest incident that is said to have occurred happened sometime last week, which I think is Friday, and that Gretchen walked into a police sub station and was agitated and speaking English or Spanish, probably English and was speaking very loud with fingers pointed at the policemen's faces. The police according to sources didn't understand a word she was saying, Ss, the police phoned for an English speaking cop to report to the police sub station so he could translate whatever Gretchen was tying to say to them.

The police in the substation told Gretchen to sit and wait until the English police officer arrived. Gretchen according to sources refused to sit and continued with her screaming and pointing fingers, and was making a scene, and wouldn't allow the police to work with other people at the sub station. (maybe Gretchen didn't understand what they told her?) They told her to calm down in Spanish, and if she didn't, they would arrest her for disturbing the peace. She became even more aggressive, so they put her in a single cell, to wait until the English speaking cop arrived.

When the English speaking police officer arrived, they let her out.

So what was Gretchen doing there in the police substation you might ask? Well she went to the police station to complain about some guy urinating where he wasn't supposed to according to Gretchen.

This time the police just let Gretchen go probably because they know how she is.

I tried to confirm the story, by looking at Youtube, or her FACEBOOK to see if she talked about the incident, and I believe I have a sort of confirmation, because on her Facebook page she as a video posted about some guy urinating, and she was telling him to stop it or she would call the police.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 02:34 AM

Joe I don't see the video or the comments, link please. I do however see her mention on her Facebook page that she has a mental illness and that can't be helped. As for the man urinating, he might have a condition such as prostatic hyperplasia which causes extreme urges to urinate and no control of holding the urine in the bladder, so she might want to consider this if it was an elderly gentleman.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
according to an anonymous source that gave me details of her couple of days in a Rosarito jail, from a Rosarito police officers perspective who witnessed her in prison.

"Who's on first?" :lol:

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2014 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Joe I don't see the video or the comments, link please. I do however see her mention on her Facebook page that she has a mental illness and that can't be helped. As for the man urinating, he might have a condition such as prostatic hyperplasia which causes extreme urges to urinate and no control of holding the urine in the bladder, so she might want to consider this if it was an elderly gentleman.

Janene did you have to???

Maybe the guy just had to take a pee.

Now I'm all worried about having pros...whatever everytime I take a leak.
 Pages:  1  ..  12    14  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.