Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  19
Author: Subject: Covid Surge
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-16-2023 at 07:34 PM

Kurt G.,

Political Disease!

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”

― Rahm Emanue
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2023 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
The good folk at The University of Minnesota seem to agree with you concerning the political nature of the virus. Perhaps "politicized virus" would be more accurate.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/political-party-affiliat...

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease.

[Edited on 9-12-2023 by RFClark]

Covid was used to control a population. It happened just before a presidential election. Many, many Covid decisions were based on that fact.

Don't read university reports. They lean far left and indoctrinate our youth.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 10:22 AM

Another interesting study, this one from Sweden.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/smart-people-first-line-...
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
The good folk at The University of Minnesota seem to agree with you concerning the political nature of the virus. Perhaps "politicized virus" would be more accurate.

Covid was used to control a population. It happened just before a presidential election. Many, many Covid decisions were based on that fact.

Don't read university reports. They lean far left and indoctrinate our youth.

The article was quoting the Journal Of The American Medical Society, it was not a UofM study.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 11:10 AM

The AMA is very far from a Right Wing Rag!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 05:34 AM

Whoa. The conspiracies here are hilarious.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 11:34 AM

S,

That the school marks the student has been known for a very long time. That is effectively “indoctrination”.

It has also been known for a long time that there are 2 ways to get through the forest. One is to know the path and the other harder way is to know the forest. Yes, there is a 3rd way but it involves cutting down a lot of trees.

You don't become an MD by getting a university degree. You become an MD by working under other MDs in the real world for years. Ideally some of the years with MDs in other countries because thats how you “get to know the forest rather than just the path”.

This is also true for other disciplines like engineering in its various iterations. Generally the newbies need to be retaught how things are really done.

On the subject of “critical thinking”. Generally it’s not learned in school but after you get out in the larger real world. Most of the “institutions of higher learning” don’t encourage students to question their teachers as much as they really should if at all. “Critically thinking” can’t work if you can’t imagine that not only might you be wrong but everyone might be wrong. Historically, everyone being wrong is very often the case.

If you think questioning authority is a problem then you aren’t employing “critical thinking” yourself.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 12:35 PM

What a bunch of gobbledegook and more mansplaining. And I never said anything about thinking questioning authority was a problem, can't imagine where you managed to pull that out of.

As for critical thinking skills not being taught in schools, I guess you just went to the wrong schools, which explains a lot.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 01:13 PM

Ak - sorry for your loss.

We lost two family members in the early days of Covid when there was no vaccine. None since thankfully.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 02:00 PM

S,

I’ll put my education and problem solving skills up against yours any time.

Education is indoctrination!

Critical thinking begins with questioning authority as authority not knowing everything is often wrong.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 02:33 PM

WG,

Anyone who constantly quacks that the discussion is closed because the experts and the authorities have the answers is weak on critical thinking.

And on another of her favorite subjects: COVID as an excuse to limit human rights.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/dec/09/c...

Thats not from Fox News!

[Edited on 9-18-2023 by RFClark]
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 02:41 PM

Education is indoctrination!

Yeah, right, I guess that elementary schools are "indoctrinating" children by teaching them to read and write and do math. Too bad so many doctors went to medical school, that engineers went to engineering school, and that electricians were educated as to how to wire a house so neither they nor the homeowners get electrocuted. Much better to have the ignorant, indoctrinated with religion, running the world. :lol:
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 03:16 PM

RFC- next time you go out to eat, I'm sure you won't mind if the kitchen staff has typhoid or hep A- after all, it would be a violation of human rights and "controlling" to force them to stay home from work, take a medical test or wear a mask.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 03:32 PM

Wikipedia:

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating a person with ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or professional methodologies (see doctrine).[1]

As a social animal species, Humans' behaviors are mutually modulated in any interaction. Interpreted through cultural, some degree of habits propagate implicitly in any dialogue, including the parent–child relationship, which has an essential function in forming basic concepts for private articulation, as well as common values, connecting fundamental cultivation of organism and ecological systems of mutual (and pondered) trust.

The precise boundary between education and indoctrination often lies in the eye of the beholder. Some distinguish indoctrination from education on the basis that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned.[2] As such the term may be used pejoratively or as a buzz word, often in the context of political opinions, theology, religious dogma or anti-religious convictions. The word itself came about in its first form in the 1620s as endoctrinate, meaning to teach or to instruct, and was modeled from French or Latin.[3] The word only gained the meaning of imbuing with an idea or opinion in the 1830s.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 03:37 PM

Goat,

You saw pictures of the house I designed and built so even you know better than that! You are also welcome to review my professional credits.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 03:45 PM

You "built" your house? No you didn't- you paid people to build it. Just because I designed my house and oversaw the construction and even did a lot of the work myself, like all the painting and tiling, I wouldn't claim to have "built" it. A crew of hard-working guys built it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 04:48 PM

S,

Perhaps you aren’t qualified to do some of your own technical work. Past designing and supervising the construction of our home I installed the solar electric system myself. I also did the primary gas and pressure water system myself. I helped install the house copper plumbing, gray water system and sanitary drains, electrical system, AC system and sourced materials for the other trades.

I never said I did everything myself of course I had help. I don’t weld or do concrete. That said when you key a project you do it as much as anyone else on the project. This project was also far more complicated than a standard block house.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
You "built" your house? No you didn't- you paid people to build it. Just because I designed my house and oversaw the construction and even did a lot of the work myself, like all the painting and tiling, I wouldn't claim to have "built" it. A crew of hard-working guys built it.

projecting your shortcomings onto others.

Peace, love and tacos baby!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 04:56 PM

:bounce:👍👍👍
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 05:02 PM

S,

Perhaps you aren’t qualified to do some of your own technical work. Past designing and supervising the construction of our home I installed the solar electric system myself. I also did the primary gas and pressure water system myself. I helped install the house copper plumbing, gray water system and sanitary drains, electrical system, AC system and sourced materials for the other trades.

Nice mansplaining and misogynistic condescension. I oversaw every aspect of the construction, sourced all the materials myself, put in my gray water system myself, laid every floor, shower and countertop tile myself, built a rock shower surround, a huge walkway, did all the sealing and painting and did all the waterproofing of my foundations. I also made all my own couch cushions, curtains, duvet covers and pillow cases. and plastered the outside of my shop building. I am more than qualified to do all those things.
 Pages:  1  ..  14    16    18  19

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.