Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  13
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay - the June 2007 Version
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 06:40 PM

plan is that the airport will be moved to the San Juan valley somewhere more near San Bruno. when? I dunno? maybe after they finish reparing the water lines and paving the damn streets in the center of town

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 07:33 PM

Pam, I guess that makes it about five years then.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Has anyone met a Loreto Ghetto buyer? Just curious, I have yet to meet one.

Yep, last Oct I was browsing in Conchita's, and I met a couple, probably in their 60's, who had sold out in Phoenix AZ to move to Loreto Bay. They were very pleasnt and friendly, and had made friends with Conchita as they had sold everything for the move, and came in often to select funiture and such. It was rather sad. Years ago they left New York state to move to Phoenix, where they raised one daughter, who doesn't speak to them, and did well in business. But the changing economy, pollution, crime rate, etc. drove them away, and having no ties in the US felt that their savings would provide a better living down here. They said their new home was beautiful, and life would be wonderful... when more people came, and they started making friends, and the coffee shop and the bookstore, etc. opened up. Then asked what life is like in Loreto, and I mentioned the music that was happening every night in the plaza for loreto days, the anniversary of the town's beginnings. Their eyes lit up-- music, really??? how wonderful!!-- they said, and mentioned that they don't hear of such things down there. There was a hint of doubt, of sadness-- they seemed to have concerns.
Maybe I should have exchanged phone numbers or e-mails-- I thought about it, but thought we had little in common, and I didn't want to be their sole connection to a place where real life goes on. Not very generous of me. But I think of them sometimes. They were just ordinary folks, not from Nellie's glamorous world, and in good faith they risked everything to retire in paradise after working hard. I hope things are going well for them, and I wonder if they are still there, or if they've found that all that glitters... may be fool's gold.

oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 06:24 AM

If you google "Loreto Bay" you'll get some websites built by homeowners. For example:

http://www.mwenda.com/basket/construct.htm

I'd love to get a username and password for the homeowners website http://myloretobay.com/lbh/. There's probably a back door available on hacker sites since it was built using the presto authoring system using the rudimentary cold fusion scripting language. A quick look at the source code was somewhat revealing.

Why would they move the airport? Is the current airport not quite up to snuff? Perhaps it doesn't meet current commercial minimum standards. If so, the airline's insurance carriers should know. Any pilots out there that could tell me if the Loreto airport is below minimum standards for commercial flights?

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 06:32 AM
LB

One reason to move the airport might be that it ties up some very nice waterfront property.
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 06:41 AM

Did anybody notice the 20 year lease for the land the wind farm is on mentioned in the latest marketing blurb? Everything I've read states without exception that 10 years is the maximum real estate lease term under Mexican law and any lease contract for a longer period is an invalid contract that doesn't hold water. (assuming there's water to hold 8^).

Maybe the Loreto Bay lawyer reading this (Hi!) can clue me in.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 06:47 AM

has anyone noticed the new water line they are running from loreto north about 30 km to the agricultural aria. now they are going to take the water away from the farmers in that aria.:?:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 10:03 AM

I somehow got on their list they keep trying to get me to come down and drop $5000 to hold a spot for a lot. Yeah right, let me get my checkbook.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
Did anybody notice the 20 year lease for the land the wind farm is on mentioned in the latest marketing blurb? Everything I've read states without exception that 10 years is the maximum real estate lease term under Mexican law and any lease contract for a longer period is an invalid contract that doesn't hold water. (assuming there's water to hold 8^).

Maybe the Loreto Bay lawyer reading this (Hi!) can clue me in.

LB is a corporation. Different rules apply.

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 06:43 PM

Thanks Dave, are you the LB lawyer?

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dave, are you the LB lawyer?

Ok, now THAT is just a stupid comment, or haven't you been paying attention re: Dave?
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 08:08 PM

dont worry dave old hippy is paranoid from smoking too much (lets say stuff) perhaps trying to remake a name for the life he missed
putting his own spin on the truth to match his facts

jerry and judi
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 09:21 PM

Roberto, I asked if a LB lawyer could clue me in on a contract issue (max lease term) and Dave did. So I asked him if he was a LB lawyer? Seems logical. After doing some research it appears he's correct.

I don't know Dave and eventhough I guess he's written things that would make my question appear stupid to you, I don't read all that's posted and I very seldom take notice of the name when I do read a post.

I have been paying attention to what is written. I've taken a well defined stance and written much so naturally I'm interested in what others think.

You have a deal, I'm going to pay close attention to what you write from here on out, and to what Dave writes.

Jerry, please find and quote me where I have "spun the truth". I'll try to restate for you what I wrote. Also, I have stated a lot of opinions and by definition they have a spin. Also, I know I can be silly. I'm sure people take that for what it is, silly.

I want to see where I have spun the truth.

I'm glad you realize that I have stated many facts attempting to support my position.

Now back to the issue at hand. It appears the absurdity of building a golf course in an arid area where it rains less than 5" a year, the current water supply is barely enough for what's there now, and the groud is baked by almost contant sun has been made less absurd by LB taking out the bermuda grass and using paspalum instead. It does tolerate salty water, straight from the sea of cortez I'm not sure. It's used elsewhere in Mexico.

http://www.paspalumgrass.com/paspalum.asp

http://www.lascarasdemexico.com/SeaDwarf_Grass.html

So I'm going to back off on the golf course business eventhough Loreto is hardly a place you would think people would go soley to play golf. It's probably there because if you're not into water activities there's absolutely nothing else to do once you've seen the sights.

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 10:21 PM

old hippie. Besides golf, there is tennis There are many canyon trails for walking & getting back to nature. There are butterflys. The vast number of breeds of birds. Meeting new people. All this while feeling warm in the sun. I don't think Golf has anything to do with Loreto. People is what there is about Loreto. Don & Paula Alley understand that. Pam understands that. Have YOU spent much time in Loreto to be able to base that kind of opinion about Loreto? I've spent pretty much five to six months out of the last sixteen winters down there. I'm no expert. But I do have a reasonable "feel" for the area. How about you??????
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 11:32 PM

Phil,

Thanks, I forgot about bird and butterfy watching, meeting people, going for walks and playing tennis.

Baja to me is where I can easily go cheaply, park the ford condominium on the beach, forget about shaving, hang with surfer buddies in the sand and dirt and drink beer and Tequila

When I spend the big bucks on a vacation I go to Maui and other such places. Havana was interesting.

I've spent a few hours in Loreto here and there. The last time I was appalled by the all the tourists. It looks like I'll never go there again.

I have to admit, there will be many things to do eventually. Hard Rock Cafe, Squid Roe Loreto, and ride inflated bananas being towed by boats.

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 06:39 AM

Phil, the birds and bunnies are fine features, but the so called tennis center is a disaster, you know it as well as I do. Hate to have tennis buffs expecting something decent.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 07:23 AM

Quote:

It looks like I'll never go there again.

Man, you will be missed.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Phil, the birds and bunnies are fine features, but the so called tennis center is a disaster, you know it as well as I do. Hate to have tennis buffs expecting something decent.

Dan,
The tennis center was, like everything else, neglected by Fonatur from the get-go. No maintenance whatshowever.
If maintained properly it will be more then adequate for the average player. Even better ones,which leaves me out.:P:P
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 08:09 AM

Van,

I agree, when we first moved here four years ago, the tennis center was in pretty nice shape, and can be again with a little work, but you know how that goes, especially with fonatur. Do you know if Jimmy Conners was ever actually envolved in the tennis center?
If I can figure out how to attach video, I have some great pics of golf course workers herding cattle on the golf course, but then the golf course is a subject for a full topic of its own. More fonatur expertice at work.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 08:23 AM

"ride inflated bananas being towed by boats"

those are FUN!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.