BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Get it while it's hot! Where? Loreto of course.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 08:05 PM
It cracks me up too

That some can't stand it when people b-tch about the simple irritations in Baja. I mean, like when you find out the streets are all torn up in San Diego and you are still paying for service. Can you rant about that?? The same goes on in Baja abeit with different constraints and methologies. Are people supposed to just shut up beecuse they are in a different country?
:lol:

I believe with all the good bad and ugy comes a more complete education. Replete with all emotions, subjects and opinions. Yes, even Dennis'.:lol::lol:

If you want kumbayah, I suggest a homemakers forum.

Earlier I commended a few for their civil and mature behavior. I thought it refreshing they are/were reluctant to fan flames over opinions and differences. But on the other token I HATE TO SEE SOMEONE REPRESS THEIR TRUE FEELINGS, because they feel intimidated by others. True, we may all have an Achilles heel. Problem here is that the Nomad haurachis many times leave much of their sole exposed. Those folks should use lace-up boots.

Huevon, although you can gleen a perhaps onesided idea of Loretos' future from LBC. Don nailed it, the real stories and info from those on the streets can paint a totally different scene. Wecome to the land of Bajas' armchair wizards!;D;)

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2007 at 08:11 PM

btw, how do you feel about desert coastal golf courses?:no:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
It cracks me up the way so many non mexican citizens here b-tch about Mexico's business as if its their right to be involved. What hooey.
its their sovereign land - not ours. we just get PERMISSION to visit!
read your visa sometime.

It cracks me up the way some people are pushing development in sensitive areas when they have no intention of ever owning part of it or caring about the local people.

Mexico has every right to sell off their natural resources as long as the people give their government permission. But you and I know that it hasn't happened because Mexico has deliberately chosen to keep their people in the dark (uneducated). Now THAT is HOOEY!

So enter the internet and a new generation of Mexicanos who are using it and spreading the word. My seven year old Loreto born little girl is online on the computer next to me right now. Why do you think there's an intyernet cafe on every block here? And dialup is no longer available in Loreto as Telmex has given way to fairly affordable DSL which is taking the place of Sky in many homes. Wake up and understand that the people will come to the realization tht their govennment is selling their country's soul and after some time of this realization anger will set in and they won't let it continue. Please read your history of Mexico, it is repeating itself.

Yes it is their soverign land and not ours and we only get permission to visit as per our immigration document....except when it comes to foreigners investing .....spending lots of money buying up all this lovely land tht FONATUR is selling at amazingly low prices to developers. Do you honestly think, being the keen guy you are, that investors are going to just lie back and follow orders and not get involved in important decisions? PULEEZE!

~Hey newbie, on that weird website that is the subject (sort of) of this thread, I guess I have a short attention span and I could only make myself stay at that site for like a minute and a half. I think most internet surfers think that way too which is why I chose to target repeat visitors to mine (yes you guessed which sire is mind good on you) and povide useful truthful information within. I looked up their contact information and being that I pretty much know everyone in town I stated that it was unrecognizable.

Golden Beach is where Puerto Escondido is. So doesn't PE have lots of nice Golden Beaches?> Don't ya think of beach, beach, beach when ya go there??! :lol: Yeesh!
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 05:23 PM
LEMMIE guess........

Quote:
Originally posted by Huevon
Code:
I donīt see the point in this website other than that its a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing that remotely has to do with Loreto, Baja, development, etc. No contact information that is recognizable.

flyfishinPam : There is a menu in that blog that say's "Contact" and if you use it you can get in touch with publisher.

You dont see the point of this website YET. Rom has not been build in one day also!

Information published is widely available in different print media. Contact for FONATUR should be also easy to find

In regards to: "a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing" - whats the difference between that and a website with 498 keywords in the meta-tag (thats called search engine spaming) and a -2 font size footer with 180 words (that's called "keyword stuffing")??

See Pam, the internet is for everybody and the same way as you do above described technic's on your website ( if bajabigfish is your's) others approach it from another side to get what they aim for......

Maybe you should talk to the guy at Baja Website Creations for a more sensitive approach on SEO!!

Capt. Sharky: good remark at the 6:31 post!!

Otherwise I'm new here on that board, European gringo since a few years @ BCS and slowly get the hold of it......:saint:

YOU Huevon, are Baja Website Creations! :lol:

did Nellie set up your business too? Looks like a developer "pigs at the trough" kind of project, come and get it while the gittin's goood, sooo perfectly suited to our little hamlet as things are going now. Que lastima!
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 05:59 PM

As quoted by Huevon and I felt too lazy to put into bb code...

"In regards to: "a catch-all medium for other internet advertizing" - whats the difference between that and a website with 498 keywords in the meta-tag (thats called search engine spaming) and a -2 font size footer with 180 words (that's called "keyword stuffing")??"

OK you caught me but I never even knew what these terms meant, "keyword stuffing" and "search engine spamming". I do my own site programming, no training self taught to market my product which is fishing in Loreto, that's what I do. So to get my site up in the search engines I decicded to look into how other sites were getting themselves into the top ten, and voilia this is what I did. I think that if someone types into a search words like "loreto" "fishing" "sport fishing" fly fishing" etc. then my website should pop up and not a website like yours (if it is yours). So you see, I do play fair and do not make me out as anyone to decieve unless you want me to tie up a Lefty's Deceiver for you then I will certainly do that. I think that for as many years as these decieving parctices were performed by me and my site, Google would have called me on it but perhaps they actually looked at the CONTENT of my pages and realized that those key words that were stuffed into their engines were actually legitimate and had to do with the website that is on the top ten of many many searches. Huevon indeed!

edit. after looking further through Baja Website Developers or whomever the heck you are and Brainstorm Whatever, again NO CONTACT information. Usually when contact information is on a website there appears an e-mail, physical address, phone number and name. The signature contact for your sites (I haven't looked at your "client" sites yet) are nothing, just a form asking me to hand over my personal information to you. So what's the story Mr. "Info Provacateur"? Looks fishy to me. :moon:

[Edited on 7-31-2007 by flyfishinPam]
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2007 at 07:42 PM

Huevon,

What division of Loreto Bay do you work for?
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 04:33 PM

Lencho~

not only do Huevon's sites have no contact information but only a few of his clients* sites have it included in their web presentations. the best I can seem to come up with is the Logo site with a cell number (which is incorrect) and no name or physical address. Well at least the La Paz page has some contacts and phones but they are asking for a lot of personal information there. Huevon has done the dis-service to his paying customers* of hiding their contact information and creating suspicion among their potential clients! Bad Huevon... I for one am proud of the fact that we offer a service in Loreto and can pass on useful information to our clients and other visitors to this area via the internet. We have a downtown brick and mortar physical location that is listed on our website with street map so that people can make the connection between the cyberspace they are visiting and the fact the inforamtion being served is presented by a real existing business.

*I do not believe all these sites lised on Baja Website Cretins :lol: are paying customers but in fact more garbage sites of Huevon's ;D

~~~

Not hearing anything from Huevon today :lol: Huevon what DO yu do with the information that people send to you via these websites and where in Loreto is that beach with the palm tree leaning over it, you know the image on the front page of this weird Loreto website? I'd like to park myself there one of these days for a few hours. I've lived here a long time and have never seen this lovely place. :dudette: ....maybe because its in friggin' Cancun!

well this is it for me. now done beating a dead horse's huevos. I thought about this for too long last night and this morning but I can sometimes take personal attacks well, personally. :(
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 05:38 PM
Spam site

This is a SPAM site and I reported to it McAfee. It is an email harvester. somethnig quick and dirty to collect fee and sell e-addresss. McAfee is testing now...most links do not work.
This is a better link to Loreto Bay BLOG.
http://www.loreto-bcs.com/loreto-bay/
http://www.loreto-bcs.com/ ....Home page...as I said most links are dead...waiting for McAfee report.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 06:32 PM
Can you report this one to MacAfee too?

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
This is a SPAM site and I reported to it McAfee. It is an email harvester. somethnig quick and dirty to collect fee and sell e-addresss. McAfee is testing now...most links do not work.
http://www.loreto-bcs.com/ ....Home page...as I said most links are dead...waiting for McAfee report.

this is a cheap knock off SPAM site that ripped off from my url

www.bajabigfish.eu
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
This is a SPAM site ... It is an email harvester. something quick and dirty to collect fee and sell e-addresses.

Huh? :?:

I'm not disputing the possibility, but what's your basis for that allegation?

--Larry

Lack of content...there nothing there except links that will not work or links to other real sites...they are there to get you to click on google ads or harvest you email.
People who do this watch poplar hits counts like "Loreto-bcs" and use that to set up a URL to drag in people. Even the blog seems copied from other news sources...have not checked that out though.
What do you think he has to sale??? Do you know about McAfee's site rating system?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:
This is a SPAM site and I reported to it McAfee. It is an email harvester. something quick and dirty to collect fee and sell e-addresses. McAfee is testing now...most links do not work.

this is a cheap knock off SPAM site that ripped off from my url

www.bajabigfish.eu

I do not know Pam...Europen URL...will see what I can find out...
They do not show up in google, yahoo, but will keep trying.
They can not shut them down, unless illegal....they put a warning on them IF, you have their spam filter.

Albert G

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 11:18 PM

When a person puts up site based on how the words say, Baja or loreto or BCS or Todos Sandos.....and they can create a url with these words, they have a trap...the content of that site is what McAfee looks at to determine if the site has meaningful value...the time I spent there ended with no meaningful value to me. There were links that would take me to site links that may hold value...I did not need to go to a site without any value to get there. All links were dead that pertained to that site except for me to give them my address...I do not know why people give them info...but they do.
You must have McAfee spam gaurd for you to see the rating when you mouse over a list of search results. It works very well...if you stumble into a mess/site that McAfee warns you about, you only have yourself to blame...
This really helps when you don't want to waste time looking at sites without content.

[Edited on 8-1-2007 by Al G]

Albert G

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 7-31-2007 at 11:35 PM

I have been to Loreto several times and the little town and fishing are usually both just fine. Now, like others have said it depends on how the growth occurs and the infrastruture being in place to keep it from turning into someones nightmare. Water as in most parts of Mexico (as well as the U.S. too) is the real gold mine and how to get it and keep it from running out. Oldhippie, I see you did get those pictures of the bike run and my buddy has yet to email me but now that you have reminded me with your pictures I will have to email him. One of these times when I am down in Rosarito we will need to "pop a cold one" at a bar down there. I going to Rosarito the last week of August so maybe that cold one is just a thought away. Later------bajafun777

Huevon

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 07:45 PM
Loreto BSC and Spam - roflmao!!

It's nice to come to a forum and see so much qualified statements in regards to a matter that is in no relation to the initial post here or even at the website it is referring to.

I did sign up here and post because I did observe traffic coming from this blog and I wanted to make a comment to a unjustified statement about my website. No more.

However it seems like a) flyfishingpam likes to get into a urinating contest for some reason (are you worried maybe other companies get some business of the Loreto website? Competiton is good - raises the level of performance...) and b) some of the comment do need to educate them self about internet, spam etc.
But I'm glad to set things straight from my point of view to clarify.

Pam:

Code:
YOU Huevon, are Baja Website Creations! did Nellie set up your business too? Looks like a developer "pigs at the trough" kind of project, come and get it while the gittin's goood, sooo perfectly suited to our little hamlet as things are going now. Que lastima!

Never did question I'm part of Baja Creations - Who is Nellie?? Should I know her?

Code:
I do not believe all these sites lised on Baja Website Cretins :lol: are paying customers but in fact more garbage sites of Huevon's

Who did state or where is written that the websites at the portfolio are clients or paying customers?? This is mainly a display of work performed to show what I / we can do.

In regards of garbage websites: Garbage websites are the ones that using blackhat seo technics to increase the performance of there website. In fact with your own website you do violate the tos of the addiliated program you are using highly and if they did not do somethings about it then for the simple reason that they cannot manual check all 8+ billion websites they have indexed. However, if they receive a hint on that you most likely will face termination from there program as well your website is send in the so called "sandbox". You may wanna google for that or the wording "seo - sandbox" or "Search engine optimization - google sandbox"!
So far about Garbage. We have a saying in GER

" Dont point your finger at what you think is other peoples dirt if your own house is a mess"

And I emphasize "what you think". Maybe we should have both sites checked by Google and we see whats garbage in terms of search engine spaming.......

Why dont you sign up at the blog and participate that way you can provide some "useful" information......

I'm glad some people did talk about spam and e-mail harvesters - thats exact the reason why no contact details are published - to avoid getting automated e-mail spam. You want to know about a website run a "whois". Otherwise everybody can look for the tos (terms of service) or review the contact page with the privacy statement.
If you send a mail and get no reply you can get suspicious and investigate but allegation that not true at least ignorance, going further, in my humble opinion they might be a reflection on the intellectual potential of the originator....

backninedan
Code:
backninedan - What division of Loreto Bay do you work for?
Dan, you got to stop watching them cheap movies with all that double and triple crossings.... In fact I will post in a few minutes more some more developments in Loreto - will you ask me also if I work for that organization I name in the post???? Why dont you sign up also and post there. It's free and no information besides an e-mail adress to receive access is required....

Al G
Code:
This is a SPAM site and I reported to it McAfee. It is an email harvester. somethnig quick and dirty to collect fee and sell e-addresss.

Where on this site you are asked for a e-mail address besides if you want to send a contact-message?? How is the McAfee SiteAdvisor going? Any results yet....

All I do is as a little independent guy to create a network of Baja websites, offer small to medium business a platform to promote their business at the internet for a descent price as you can see and read here 1-2-3 pesos and here.
This is total legit and if some paranoid driven persons see somethings else in it - so be it.
Yet I dont need a Evita de Baja to trow unjustified statements at me.

So, my 2 cents worth - nice board here, wondering what's next....
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Huevon

....In regards of garbage websites: Garbage websites are the ones that using blackhat seo technics to increase the performance of there website. In fact with your own website you do violate the tos of the addiliated program you are using highly and if they did not do somethings about it then for the simple reason that they cannot manual check all 8+ billion websites they have indexed. However, if they receive a hint on that you most likely will face termination from there program as well your website is send in the so called "sandbox". You may wanna google for that or the wording "seo - sandbox" or "Search engine optimization - google sandbox"!
So far about Garbage. We have a saying in GER

Huuuuhhhhhh??????? Does this make any sense to anyone? And where is GER?????
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:09 PM

Or, for that matter, BSC...........

roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:10 PM

no lo entiendo:?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:16 PM

Huevon is probably drinking. Pam Bolles is an expert on Loreto. Is it Baja Calif. Sur or Baja Sur Calif......:biggrin: oh well, it take all kinds. Frankly, I couldn't understand what he was trying to say. Probably from Iraq.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:19 PM

Could it be that Huevon, or raveon, or juevon, is getting more attention here than he deserves?

We already have one or two fairly incomprehensible posters here, and maybe they should be grandfathered in, but starting July 28, '07 we could use a literacy test, especially for people who claim to be in professions that require some proficiency in an earthling language.:rolleyes:

Huevon

[*] posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:20 PM

Nope, sorry - not from Iraq and not even drinking..... Not denying any expertise to anybody as long as no basura.

This post posted at the wrong spot by me, it's actually a reply to:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=25940

"Get it while it's hot! Where? Loreto of course."

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.