toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
[I don't need to know, or care, who you are criticizing.

That's obviously not the case - otherwise why would you have asked the question? :lol::lol:

Roberto,
You are only quoting the parts of my posts that suit your need to ridicule. Please read my posts again.
1. I didn't think it was right to criticize Keri.
2. I wasn't sure if you were criticizing Keri. It was unclear to me. I did not want to assume. That is why I asked you the question.
3. You answered my question by saying, "nope". That satisfied my question.
4. Other than the Keri question, which you answered, I do not need to know, or care who you are criticizing. This is obviously the case!

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 12:51 PM

Toneart, I'm not "ridiculing" anything - or anybody. I'm just laughing, don't read to much into :lol:!

Ok? :lol::lol:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Toneart, I'm not "ridiculing" anything - or anybody. I'm just laughing, don't read to much into :lol:!

Ok? :lol::lol:

OK.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
I think one should use "due diligence" when choosing ANYTHING!!!

I have never had any problems with Realtors, either brokers or agents----------but I am careful who I "choose" to represent me, and always check them out before doing business with them. Duh!!!!

If you truly expect a realtor to reveal all the possible negatives, you live in the land of Oz----------THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING. :tumble:

What all this has to do with an innocent person being robbed and terrorized is beyond me. :O

My real estate agent should not be trying to sell me anything. They should be representing me in the process of purchasing real estate. Unfortunately, they often forget this. Again their fiduciary duty is to me not themselves.

As for being honest, look at point number 2

The REALTOR® Oath

I pledge myself

* To protect the individual rights of real estate ownership and to widen the opportunity to enjoy it.
* To be honorable and honest in all dealings.
* To seek better to represent my clients by building my knowledge and competence.
* To act fairly towards all in the spirit of the Golden Rule.
* To serve my community, and through it my country.
* To always conduct myself in conformity with the ideals and objectives as set forth in the REALTORS® Code of Ethics.
* To contribute to the welfare of my Association by abiding by the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Northeastern Michigan Board of REALTORS®.

You say "due diligence" and I say "full-disclosure" I do hear your point, though.

Zac

The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 01:45 PM

Bajaboy was the first to use the term (and then took it back) but I have a question - A Realtor is a member of the trade organization "National Organization of Realtors", that is organized and does business in the USA. Is there a similar organization in Mexico? The NOR's code of ethics is fairly thorough, more so than the state licensing agencies. If a Realtor in Mexico breaches the code of ethics, does the NOS have any jurisdiction as it pertains to Mexican transactions? Does a real estate agent in Mexico require any type of formal training or professional qualifications? I was always under the impression that everything stops and starts with the albondigas..no...the ahumado...no, the abrodago..damn...the attorney!!

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 02:27 PM

If someone is working for a development as a sales person, they are working totally for the development, not the purchaser. (let the buyer beware)

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
ElFaro
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 03:22 PM

This incident certainly begs a few questions...
1. Was this some kind of "payback" for a grudge from someone who knew them? Hardly think so since 7 men where involved.
2. A crime of opportunity? - The toll road has many isolated stretches...more so in the wee hours where 2 cars working in concert with cell phones and light or no traffic would give thugs ample opportunity to scope out and coordinate these kind of carjackings / thefts.
3. Is it possible this persons daily "driving habits" were scoped out ahead of time? He was driving alone (single passenger) and a solo car.
4. There are alot of employees working on the Natural Gas Terminal at Bajamer and I believe many commute from Ensenada or Rosarito. Have any of them encountered this kind of trouble but have not reported it?
5. Last year there was considerable reporting in the San Diego newspapers about all the explosive development on the coast between TJ and Ensenada and all the real estate companies and their US / Mex agents living and selling at the sites. There is also the build up of the La Salina marina and associated homes / condos. All this will add more people and the Police will try to do something to get a handle on things. I think this is part of the "infrastructure lag" that's always part of the landscape in Baja.
6. I have heard (it may or may not be true) that one reason the car thefts are on the rise is because those who crossed the border north and stole cars are not able to get back north as easily anymore and are now stealing Gringo cars from TJ to Ensenada.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2007 at 03:57 PM

It does not make sense that the police can't catch the perps, assuming they are even trying. It should be easy. There isn't that much traffic out there on that stretch of highway in the dark. The time, place, vehicle descriptions, flashing police lights fastened to rear view mirrors, no uniforms, have been well documented in these posts. Wouldn't the municipal, state and federal governments and the business communities be concerned about the negative impact this news would have on tourism and on the reputation of the whole country?

I would guess that if these stories are substantiated and the perps are caught, it will show up here. I am inclined to believe the stories even though I don't want to. The fact that nobody has been caught does raise just a shadow of doubt though. ....(about the stories and more so about the police). This has been going on since a year ago when a Nomad was shot in the leg. He kept driving and made it to the border. His story was substantiated.

Lots of people will be vulnerable on that stretch of highway in the wee hours. Not everyone reads this board or any others.
Innocent people will be coming now and in the future. They need to know. Those who are victims need to go to all the trouble to make formal reports with each department in the jurisdictions. They need to get this stopped. Posting on the online forums is a start, but it is not enough. Follow through and then follow up. You may save a life.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 08:23 AM
It happened again

Now to 2 young mexican businessmen
http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/18092...
:no:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 08:48 AM

The police wont do anything because they have been completely intimidated by the cartels and fear this could be the work of them...........which is pretty likely, given the theft of vehicles.

Someone noticed the military had vacated that area..............

Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ElFaro
6. I have heard (it may or may not be true) that one reason the car thefts are on the rise is because those who crossed the border north and stole cars are not able to get back north as easily anymore and are now stealing Gringo cars from TJ to Ensenada.

This may be true. Last time I crossed at Mexicali East they checked my VIN, registration, and asked me if I was the owner of my car... right before they sent me to secondary.

Since my car was empty, secondary only lasted a few minutes. But, I have never faced so much scrutiny about the ownership of my car before.

It would make sense to me that the stolen cars were being used to smuggle, as the smugglers would want to keep a low profile with a new gringo car, and not lose their own car if they got caught. Solo mi 2 pesos.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 09:14 AM

In 25 years of passing the cuota toll roads I haven't been robbed, I have often seen cars with police lights that do not appear to be real cops, and I have had these cars try to pull ahead and in crappy crown victorias and granadas in the old days and pull me over, but I don't let them. I swerve and speed when they try to be aggressive. And I travel in tight groups with radios and phones.

This isn't new but apparently they are better at coordinating brazen robberys there than they used to be.

Although there are many divisions of cops in baja with more and more sophistication, I found the traffic cops through baja have no desire to confront robbers. Cops confront nice people in nice cars. They will not chase robbers who are within eyesight. They will not go into a house and follow a perp who robbed or threatened someone so its no surprise they have no desire to catch these armed robbers who have been there from 2-5am forever especially fri-sat-sun-mon. I think tuesday-thursday day times are the best days to pass there.

Many of you know I love to take pictures and video, I have many video cameras some of which have excellent night vision. I see stuff going down and I dream of doing video sting operations and catching robbers with full video evidence, but alas that would be highly dangerous, in many ways I am sure.

Please Mexico, get it together a little bit.
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:03 AM

Will someone please translate the article on fdt's link?
Thank you!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Now to 2 young mexican businessmen
http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/18092...
:no:

I dont see any date that this occurred in the article.

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
Will someone please translate the article on fdt's link?
Thank you!

Here is a very rough and quick one by Google:

Two young people who dedicate themselves to the Beach cattle ranch of Rosarito, managed to escape of being kidnapped, after taking a one from them hit of bullet.

The plagiarists tried to stop them rafagueando pick up in where they traveled, one of the victims had to be hospitalized because it was hit in one of the legs.

Francisco Javier Sauri Moreno, of 18 years and Samuel Cypress Creek, of 28, that escaped of their aggressors ended up stopping in the division San Antonio of the Sea.

When seeing that no longer they were persecuted they decided to request aid because Saurio Moreno presented/displayed a bullet wound in one of its knees and then it was taken care of by paramédicos.

The General Office of the judge advocate general of Justice of Estado (PGJE), informed that around 9:00 hours this Tuesday the call of which a vehicle Jeep Liberty with several impacts of bullet was set afire to the height of kilometer 15 from the Tijuana highway to Cove, to the height of End was received Flag.

The injured man declared before the authorities that one hour before were in company of their friend Samuel Cypress Creek, of 28, when a group of armed people approached to them and then they fled.

Within the searches, ministerial agents settled down the relation of this incident with the report of person injured by firearm, fact 45 minutes later in the hospital of the Beach Red Cross of Rosarito.

Nevertheless this it has not been the only case that has occurred in which the people who are on the verge of being kidnapped manage to escape, the last week a man in the Beach delegation of Tijuana also managed to occur to the flight.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:16 AM

Thanks! I've got to learn Spanish!:yes:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:19 AM

It was yesterday and in the same area, but as they escaped the got shot at and the kidnappers did'nt follow them into San Antonio del Mar.
Just take the free road.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Huh? I was under the impression that it's illegal for them to do so without the owner's permission. You know different?

--Larry

Wouldn't that be a "Hot pursuit?"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Huh? I was under the impression that it's illegal for them to do so without the owner's permission. You know different?

--Larry

Wouldn't that be a "Hot pursuit?"

Well, in the US it would be, but we are talking about Mexico....
toneart
Ultra Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 9-19-2007 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
They will not go into a house and follow a perp who robbed or threatened someone...

--Larry

I don't know Mexican Law, but wouldn't "Reasonable Cause" be a legal excuse to enter, particularly if the perp had been chased there? "Reasonable Cause" is reasonable, and should be universal. If the police go to the house sometime after the event, then they would need a search warrant in the U.S.

Larry,
Do you actually mean that if I were to shoot or kidnap someone and the police followed me to my house, they would have to ask my permission to enter? What if I shouted, "NO"? Or, if I were not the owner, the police would have to contact the landlord before entering?

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.