Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Action
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:43 PM
Concerned Consumer Comments ?

I'll be anxiously awaiting the news of positive results from this write-in campaign. It will, no doubt, be Front-Page news soon.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Dennis,

You are intelligent with positive energy and experience and knowledge. Why not simply use that expertise to send a single message to those who may care to know your interests. I can promise you that each effort received helps.

Now, obviously, if you call an office and attempt to speak in english its probably not understood, you may ask for a person who speaks english, such as "se encuentra una personne quien habla englais.' Then you will wait for the person. Or practice your mesage in spanish, why not, its fun. A letter on the other hand can be passed around to those who speak english and they can share that letter with others.

Even if someone doesn't understand immediately they will process the info and comprehend over time. Practice delivering your message with patience and clamness and try try again.

For those of you who have no experience in doing so with government officials it may be a fantastically empowering experience to learn that messages delivered in the medium required are received, just try.

If you visit baja is there any reason why you wouldn't try at least to send a simple kind message expressing your concern, if not than this really isn't a place for you to visit.

Hear, hear...I second that.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 02:58 PM

I am dispatching a group of do-gooders to meet with Mr Bill personally and often to enforce the commonly understood point through long winded time consuming slow conversations that at times the enemy is from within who detracts from simple efforts and those that are inclined to do so with facetious comments you are perhaps not at all a friend to us.

For those who have suffered at the hands of robbers, could you please put aside any negativity and simply make a single effort to communicate your concern. The fact is there is a disconnect between so many english speakers and mexican government and yet you are the ones who need to speak up now. So stop making excuses. Your comments detract from the goal which is to support us as a group for those who have suffered greatly even if you haven't.

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by gnukid]
Dave
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:11 PM
Excellent

Quote:
I am dispatching a group of do-gooders to meet with Mr Bill personally

Might I suggest some names?

I'd also recommend travel insurance. :rolleyes:

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:14 PM

Quote:

If you visit baja is there any reason why you wouldn't try at least to send a simple kind message expressing your concern, if not than this really isn't a place for you to visit.

Gnukid,
Right on !

From a range of your recent posts, it appears that you are doing something to try to make a difference...and not just sitting back whining and taking shots at other's efforts.

I think your suggestion is worthy and I will be composing my letters/e-mails over the next few days....and will have a friend fluent in Spanish proofread my efforts.

My wife was mugged/robbed by a San Jose del Cabo taxi driver on the way to the airport in 2000 and she refuses to return to Baja....while friends and some authorities in SJdC offered support, they needed a police report....which she eventually went to local police (RCMP) to disclose. Unfortunately, the RCMP discouraged her by saying, "They won't do anything about it".

This response only encourages folks to be pessimistic/victim-oriented and does less than written complaints/concerns.....I had to let the issue go at that time as pursuing it with my wife only aggravated her trauma.

I have been to the Baja a number of times since that trip and have exercised the best caution I can....and have avoided being pulled over or robbed (except by an over-priced steak in La Paz).

The recent threads on this forum and others regarding Baja crime is making me reconsider my next trip there, and that is a heartache as it is my favourite place on the planet.

Thanks for your efforts.:saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
I am dispatching a group of do-gooders to meet with Mr Bill personally and often

Now......This I wan't to see. Do you mind if I watch? I'd give anything for the beer concesion.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:40 PM

What can it hurt?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
When José Guadalupe Osuna Millán is in we can send one to him too.

I think it has already happened. The date was set for Nov. 1.

You're right Packo......It can't hurt anything.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:56 PM

I'm sure hope Gobernador José Guadalupe Osuna Millán de Baja California forgives me if he is the one in office now.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 03:59 PM

Well, if you really want to know, you could write him a letter.
bajaboolie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 04:03 PM

I think writing letters is a great idea. It certainly won't hurt, and could help. The real heat will probably need to come from somewhere else (like the tourism businesses who will be effected by a boycott), but letters from those who have second thoughts about returning will only support their efforts. A combined effort from many sources may get them to pay attention. And finally we have some media coverage.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Thanks for posting the letter you wrote to them, ELIN, it give us good ideas about what to include. How about instead of copying the letter as a template/form, we write our own letters with our own stories? I think it would have a better impact and better portray how much we really care (instead of just copying a letter and sticking a signature and stamp on it.)

I will absolutely write a letter (or more, over time...maybe every time something gets reported?). With buzz about tourism businesses applying heat and the media coverage, I feel that our letters may help.

Bajaboolie
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 04:19 PM

Everyone please remember this is gnukid's idea not mine, I just piggybacked on his thoughts.

Bajaboolie, you are right. It is a better idea to individualize the letters instead of using form letters.

[Edited on 11-23-2007 by ELINVESTI8]
DrTom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 06:12 PM

I would think someone who can get to Donald Trump will have some effect if he knew his potential customers were getting shook down.....I bet he can get some action.....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2007 at 07:25 PM

The efforts I have tried over the past few months seem to be slowly working, right now, Chino is free but no one will sell him drugs, he walks with caution and he knows there are some police out to put him in jail. Very different than a crazed drug addict who thinks he owns the neighborhood with fear.

The rest of the bad guys are scared now too. They don't want to come here or be seen with Chino because of el P-nche gringo loco. The drug deliveries stopped so whether they want to or not they don't have drugs to sell or buy. That's a direct hit. Now they buy candles to read at night and talk to their kids. The government has been here to our neighborhood many many times and they are acting in their own way, I suspect. I still expect Chino will be picked up soon and put in jail, he doesn't have enough money or friends to pay off the cops any more.

I can sense tranquility.

Voy a 'tequilas' para tomar y disfrutar la ciudad.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
When José Guadalupe Osuna Millán is in we can send one to him too.

I think it has already happened. The date was set for Nov. 1.

Dennis you were right José Guadalupe Osuna Millán is now in office. Here is the reply I received from the governor's office.

I sent him another letter with his name attached.

Estimado Sr. *******

Turnaremos su comentario al C. Gobernador JOSÉ GUADALUPE OSUNA MILLAN, quién asumió el cargo el pasado 1 de Noviembre del presente.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Estimado Sr. *******

Turnaremos su comentario al C. Gobernador JOSÉ GUADALUPE OSUNA MILLAN, quién asumió el cargo el pasado 1 de Noviembre del presente.

Translation:
Dear Mr. Martson

We will convey your comentary to the C (Citizen) Governor José Guadalupe Osuna Millan, who took charge (office) this past November 1st of the present year.

Regretfuly I think that letters will be answered in the same manner for everyone, unless someone takes a bunch of them personaly to him, yes, to him, not an assistant. :light:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 06:38 PM

Thank you, fdt. Yeah I know what it says. I wrote another one anyway with the name of the new Governor. I plan on sending one to the Presidente de La Republica and the heads of the PGR the Policia Preventiva and the Head of the Marine Corps. I am still optimistic something can get done. We all at least have to try.

This is the Governors address and the letter I sent.

postmaster@baja.gob.mx

PELIGRO EN LOS CAMINOS DE BAJA CALIFORNIA

Noviembre 24, 2007

Honorable Gobernador José Guadalupe Osuna Millán
Gobernador de Baja California

Saludos de Lake Elsinore California,

Estoy preocupado por el bienestar de mi familia cuando voy de vacaciones a Baja California. Cuando uno abre los periódicos se lea que hay otro desastre en el camino con turistas extranjeros que están robados y secuestrados.

Por favor haga algo para la seguridad en los caminos de cuota de Tijuana a Ensenada y los demás caminos que usan los extranjeros turísticos para pasar al interior de Baja California para capturar a los criminales que pasan como que son la policía y quien roba y secuestra a extranjeros turísticos.

Tambien ayúdanos con la policía en general para que ellos pongan más atención y se mejoran con su propio conducto cuando hacen contacto con
extranjeros turísticos en Baja California norte y sur quienes nomás están visitando y portándose bien y quien tienen nomás cariño y amor a la gente de México.

Escribo porque el país de México es una maravilla y con los delitos
de criminales y el conducto de ciertas policías destruya el país y el apoyo personal y financiad que traen los extranjeros turísticos.

Gracias por su tiempo,

David M

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt

Regretfuly I think that letters will be answered in the same manner for everyone, unless someone takes a bunch of them personaly to him, yes, to him, not an assistant. :light:

Like what? One can just walk right in and see him saying, "Here, governor. I have a handful of other-than-praising letters from dissatisfied North Americans for you. They want you to know that they know that you now know there's a problem on the roads and quiet areas under your jurisdiction and will appreciate that it stops. Thanks a lot."

Ferna...You make it sound so simple.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 06:54 PM

I wrote to the Attorney General anonymously about the problems in el Manglito with Chino and they sent someone the next day... Afterward, Chino said he would pay me $2000 pesos to drop it. I said I am not in control of the Secretaria's response to crime in the neighborhood...

Someday soon either I am going to be brought up on false charges or they are going to actually arrest Chino or both. I'd give those 50-50 odds right now.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 07:02 PM

I applaud the efforts of Gnukid and others to do something positive about the crime that concerns us all in Baja. I have in the past taken umbridge with Gnukid over what appears to me to be an over optomistic perspective. However it behooves us all to do something, anything that provides us with a sense of potency and the ability to express our outrage over the injustices we have experienced and read about. To sit by and be simply victimized reinforces our sense of powerlessness. Even if letters do nothing to change the outcome of this situation, they provide us with a legitimate way to express our own feelings and that has value in and of itself.

I for one would be interested in someone posting the email addresses of the significant public figures involved in these issues. I am not spending my dollars in Baja this year and would very much like to tell those with power exactly why!

I am not certain who counts. I know that there are elements of the Mexican Goverment that are very intersted and concerned about tourism and tourist dollars. I would like someone to post the email addresses of those people so I can email my concerns to them.

Thank you,

Iflyfish
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.