Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: La Paz Magote development
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 09:16 AM

:lol::lol::lol: hey kid....you are obviously gnu....:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 11:58 AM

I have been in la paz for 20 years haha. The truth is la paz hasn't changed much at all in its personality. The first time I arrived to meet my girlfriend, the family played a big joke when I got to their house, there was a fake wedding planned and everything and each person said oh you are getting married to which I replied no there must be a mistake, no-no mistake. Of course it was all a nice joke until eventually when I tried to leave and finally 4 ford granadas pretended to chase me through the streets of La Paz hahaha. Well each day now is no different.

La Paz has a sense of humor. It is defined by its sense of patience, tranquility and peace. La paz is the city that isn't, that may never be, the place that is just about to become something, maybe or maybe not. La Paz is loco and each day more crazy not less crazy.

Each day we imagine that someone, somewhere will actually do something, someone will get up early and make something happen--so you know, that person is you! The new arrivals are the spirit that makes La Paz what it is.

So come to La Paz and make it happen.

If everyone who arrived followed the most basic information provided here, the bad guys would know if you mess with gringo its gonna hurt and it never pays. It social training. If people learn that it doesn't pay to mess with gringo, they will give up because gringo will make it hurt bad. You have a responsibility.

Just never give up your license or reg, Legally on the back of your reg says keep a copy and leave the original at home, do the same with the license and when they tell you oh you need a original (which of course you have) say sorry I can show it to the judge in court if you give me a ticket.

Remember the goal is to get a ticket which can easily be resolved in the transit office. Don't believe the cops. You can go to the transit station in any town and pay the ticket in moments. IF you ever get a ticket and pay there you will feel empowered and it will be cheap, there is a 50% discount for showing up and you can contest it immediately with a judge at the window. Use your camera and bust the bad guys and you will be very happy.

In La Paz after another day of messing with cops and all the trouble to make it through the day with los chamacos y cabrones, we say "Gano por que no perdi", I won becuase I didn't lose!

Voy camping y pescar en Las Cruces, hasta luego.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 01:09 PM

i love la paz - hey kid you are alright in my skinny book.:biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 03:11 PM

"4 ford granadas"

:lol:

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cervisin
Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
To me, the photo was shocking. It obliterates the view I had grown to love. Well, that's progress. Also, that's just another reason for me to never return to La Paz. (See no dogs on the Malecon string). The cliche goes, "growth is inevitable". Fine, but it looses me and others who remember when. :(

No dogs on the Malecon....means no more dog sh&t..:bounce: YEAH :bounce:

It´s all in the perspective dude....:lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

So what you saying - by your perspective - is no more dog sh&t because all the stray dogs will obey the signs + there is going to be sufficient enforcement of that rule....

I guess they must be...... because I am not seeing any dogs on the Malecon.:bounce:

Just a couple of gringas the other day... who I guess don´t respect the law.

CaboRon

CaboRon

Cervisin
Nomad

Mood: Mañana... quizá

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cervisin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
To me, the photo was shocking. It obliterates the view I had grown to love. Well, that's progress. Also, that's just another reason for me to never return to La Paz. (See no dogs on the Malecon string). The cliche goes, "growth is inevitable". Fine, but it looses me and others who remember when. :(

No dogs on the Malecon....means no more dog sh&t..:bounce: YEAH :bounce:

It´s all in the perspective dude....:lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

So what you saying - by your perspective - is no more dog sh&t because all the stray dogs will obey the signs + there is going to be sufficient enforcement of that rule....

I guess they must be...... because I am not seeing any dogs on the Malecon.:bounce:

Just a couple of gringas the other day... who I guess don´t respect the law.

CaboRon

CaboRon

What?? They left a "deposit" ?? On the Malecon?? I be dam'd

No dogs?? Suggest a little morning jogging at 5:00 - 6:00.....

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2007 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
It is defined by its sense of patience, tranquility and peace.

Did you take into account the great patience of the drivers?

Or the tranquility of the kids blowing off firecrackers until almost midnight every night?

And, of course, the incredibly loud, distorted music that many Mexicans seem to enjoy?

I think the world is run by C- students.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.