BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Has anyone seen this girl around surfing areas?
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
The notion of divulging the whereabouts of an adult who obviously doesn't want to be found to a group of people who won't divulge their reasons for wanting to find her is meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless.

I'm thinking 1 way , then bajamigo comes along with
perfectly worded post to change my opinion,
well said
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
Nobody is asking you to stop a bullet. If you happen to see the van, pass it on to Shari. Simple enough?

John

So this means you don't see the problems with this? It's just fine to respond to this type of request from someone on an Internet board, posting from behind a keyboard? And including private information from a drivers' license? Ever hear of privacy? Liability? And when people point out some of the issues the answer is Sheeesh? But, when you're in charge of mission control it must be ok.

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by Roberto]
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:03 PM

I am not leaving my license with Asuncion. It may get misused. She has no idea what this woman may or may not have done. Only secondhand stuff from someone who had enough soft heart to charge the almighty buck for his van.

Rally around coopers. Geeze another good reason to stay home.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:04 PM

ummm...OK, so at the request of some nomads, I DID post why people are looking for her...I really dont get the meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless part.
Think about it.....say your good buddy had his vehicle stolen by a surfer....wouldnt YOU want to help get it back for him...got nothing to do with meddlesome. This lady is a wanted criminal both here and in the states....she stole a car NOB, then traded it....I just found out for a red Nissan Sentra in Guerrero Negro...then stole a van and took off. I doubt they are that dangerous although one never knows.

All I really care about alot is getting my buddies van back for him before whale season

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:06 PM

norte....notice her license number and address is whited out and i hope you never get your vehicle stolen and ask me to help you find it.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:13 PM

This is making less sense all the tie. if she traded for a Nissan Sentra, why did she need the Van? Don't worry I won't be coming to uou for help. Sensationalism seldom solves anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
ummm...OK, so at the request of some nomads, I DID post why people are looking for her...I really dont get the meddlesome and dangerously thoughtless part.
Think about it.....say your good buddy had his vehicle stolen by a surfer....wouldnt YOU want to help get it back for him...got nothing to do with meddlesome. This lady is a wanted criminal both here and in the states....she stole a car NOB, then traded it....I just found out for a red Nissan Sentra in Guerrero Negro...then stole a van and took off. I doubt they are that dangerous although one never knows.

All I really care about alot is getting my buddies van back for him before whale season
baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:14 PM

Why does she have a Ensenada bank account, has she been living in Mexico? There is a PI named Manny Lopez in San Diego who specializes in missing persons in Mex. You say the parents have money, they should look him up.

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by baja1943]
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:23 PM

Norte...WTF? sensationalism?? this is why I just wanted to ask if anyone had seen her so it wasnt sensational...it was your idea to get into the details.

I just found out that the original vehicle she stole in california, she traded for the red Sentra in GN...probably to get rid of the hot car....why she then needed a van...who knows...maybe to live in...maybe the boards wouldnt fit in the Sentra?

Heric rents his van to groups on occasion...what...you think he should just lend it to people?? sheesh.

she didnt have a mexican bank account...she just withdrew her all her money from a bank in Ensenada on her way south...all this stuff was just reported to me when I asked some questions.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:25 PM

They live in Discovery Bay.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Puckdrop
Nomad

Mood: Liven the dream baby !

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 02:53 PM

Hey Shari; I know that your intentions were all for the best, but might I suggest that in the future you only ask if any Nomads have see this Van. And nothing said about the occupants. Bottom line you are trying to help your friend re-cover his van. By bring up the drivers history will only get you responses you have already received. It's a great reading thread, but not the response your looking for. So everyone " has anyone seen this van ?" :saint:
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:05 PM

Hey Shari we that know you well praise your good intentions F#$@$ the rest of the non bajanomads lol! These people that left to Baja and dont want to be found will eventually come about it always does maybe in a few months dont worry about people~

READY SET.....................
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:14 PM

yeah puckdrop....i didnt want to hang out the laundry but thought that people may remember the woman more than the van...i put both photos on...but folks here insisted on knowing more before they would look for them...thanks for your suggestion though

baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:15 PM
Unfinished business

Whatever happened to the red car with Oregon plates a few years back, in an arroyo outside of Asuncion with the keys in it. Someone suggested getting the VIN numbers off it and running a make. Is it still there, where was the follow through. It sounded like no one in Asuncion wanted to get involved.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:18 PM

cops took the car somewhere....the woman has not been found as far as I know.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:30 PM

Quote:

I just found out that the original vehicle she stole in california, she traded for the red Sentra in GN...probably to get rid of the hot car....why she then needed a van...who knows...maybe to live in...maybe the boards wouldnt fit in the Sentra?

she didnt have a mexican bank account...she just withdrew her all her money from a bank in Ensenada on her way south...all this stuff was just reported to me when I asked some questions.

from 3rd and 4th hand info, sounds like the missing gal is having an exciting road trip, but also a road trip that is spiraling out of control! there is nothing quite like youthful impulsive behavior... hope it's not true or doesn't end badly!
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
yeah puckdrop....i didnt want to hang out the laundry but thought that people may remember the woman more than the van...i put both photos on...but folks here insisted on knowing more before they would look for them...thanks for your suggestion though
...and how many of us are actually down in Baja Nor or Sur to keep a look out?

Shari, I know you and know that you're savvy to Baja and to life in general.
You'd not have posted if there weren't something "up", something significant.

To fill in with the whole story was the good thing to do, absolutely, changes everything, imo.

Suggest the owner of the stolen van contact the ferry operators in Sta. Rosalia and La Paz with this information, police in both jurisdictions as well as car dealerships in those cities and a few hoteliers.

Thanks for being willing to step up once again for a friend in trouble.

Wishing him good luck with this.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmm....O....K....then. Hear me out...I was contacted by Heric about this "affair". As is my usual modus operendi, I consulted several friends about how to approach this and the consensus was not to divulge all the information first...but to just ask if anyone had seen this woman. The concern is that perhaps one of her friends may see the post and warn her that people are looking for her which will make it more difficult to find them.

I figured people would trust me enough to realize that something is amiss and she needs to be found asap...loose lips sink ships kind of situation. It is NOT just a case of her not wanting to be found...there are serious issues around her running away...which she did. She withdrew all the money out of her account from an Ensenada bank over a month ago and rented this van from Heric for 2 days and has not brought it back.
The family dont have the means to rent an airplane to look and the police sure as heck dont really look for stolen vehicles either. Heric knows about the Nomad police and sought our help recover his van and also help this girl as she may be in danger.

I was told that the boyfriend may be armed and violent so be careful if you find them...remember, that is just what I was told and am passing on this info in hopes of recovering Heric's van which he really needs. They surf which is why they may be camped on some surf spot and most likey switched license plates on the van and may be living in it..maybe they are on a remote beach or hiding out in a city...so keep your eyes peeled in the bars for this woman and this van....thanks nomads

[Edited on 9-21-2011 by shari]

"NOMAD POLICE"? If we actually have such, include me outta here.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 04:13 PM

The way this thread was started was very irresponsible. If more of the information hadn't been extracted by sensible nomads it could have put innocent dogooders into harms way all over a $1,000 old van.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 04:29 PM

I think we all should delete our posts and start over again. This is rediculous.
chrisx
Banned

Mood: baj nomad is broken

[*] posted on 9-21-2011 at 04:59 PM

vigilantes hung the wrong person 40% of the time.
they were always trying to help their neighbors.

+1 for deleting this thread

HEY GRINGO HIT THE BRAKES
SCAN THE ROAD AHEAD AT ALL TIMES
HIT THE BRAKES AND SLOW WAY DOWN
WAIT, PASS WHEN SAFE
HEY GRINGO HIT THE BRAKES!
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.