Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Car accident Guerrero Negro
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 02:52 PM

way to go Archie for stepping up to the plate...that area past the "Y" is famous for accidents...a fellow university teacher was killed in a rollover there...so you are lucky to be alive...now find that sweet pooch!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 06:53 PM

we were in g negro today and did not see Auggie and did not see any posters either .... I did tell the girls who were asking for donations and the 2 fruit fly spray guys about a lost dog with one missing leg and did mention that there would be a reward - which you haven't mentioned but I took the liberty since it will urge folks to help out !

we were in vizcaino too and nada ....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 07:03 PM

....maybe check taco stands also.;D
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 07:15 PM

So how are the car accident PEOPLE? Will they be able to continue their trip? Evacuating the country? Getting the car fixed? Expenses OK - not going to end up in jail? What about the PEOPLE whose CAR FLIPPED?
BajaSwe

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 08:01 PM

Thank you to all the supportive people. Our friend that was in the accident is ok. We took her to the hospital, no broken bones or trauma. The car is totaled. We have been putting up fliers all day, 125 of them. Talked to a lot of locals, police, even military and everyone has been very nice and helpful. We've been walking through the ranches and the desert for hours. So please do not make comments saying that we do not care. We are in a tough situation and need all the support we can get.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-18-2012 at 11:01 PM

Posted today on the BajaNomad Facebook site:
----------------

Hi everyone, 5 months ago (7/6/12) I got into a car accident at the Y intersection leaving Guerrero Negro heading south on the 1 freeway. My 3 legged boxer dog was thrown from the car by the horse ranch, survived, but ran away and has been missing since. We returned a month ago to post more flyers, talk to locals with 1 confirmed lead of seeing him and feeding him 1 month after the accident, but he has not been seen since. Please keep an eye out and contact me if you see or hear ANYTHING. I've been in touch with Baja Dogs La Paz. Thank you for all your help. His name is Auggie, 3yrs old, male, neutered. Wearing a Green collar with Yellow stripe. He's fearful and scared. Thank you.

http://www.facebook.com/bajanomad

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Let me try and understand The Facts...You left the area where your dog was ??????????????????? Yes or No.... PS..I will add another 10K on the reward !! Facts on demand !! K&T.. let's get this right.......You Left your dog...is that correct ???

You just aren't right in the head, pal....
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 12:48 AM
Ok..

The fact is from I read..The dog was left behind..... PS..If you think otherwise ,,,Please explain !!

[Edited on 12-19-2012 by captkw]
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 10:29 AM
Well No reply

Hola,all,,I tell you this..there is no way in hell I would leave the the area where my dog was unless I was running out of blood and would return as fast as body would allow...But I guess thats just me...And I dont want to hear all the excuses unless the owner was tied up in the hospital..Is your job more important than your dog ?????...PS..Quote {a month later}........................PS 12/19/12 This post was started on 7/7/12 and I was bumed out back then & now,,,My first baja dog we named agua claiente and called her auggie for short for over 14 yrs...so this really hit home to me......I do not know the whole storey...But as I posted I could not leave dog,kid,person behind and thats something no one can take from me,,, so to terry28 ...Take a long walk off a short pier & read maybe the whole post first...K&T

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 12:08 PM

As I said before, You need new meds capt. now just chill out....your not helping!!

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 12:37 PM

I would check with and put up a flyer at Mario's restaurant. The Mexican restaurant owner is a dog lover and speaks a little English. Mario's is just after the Y and directly on Hwy1. (A large palapa type restaurant that also has whale tours etc.) She has a couple dogs of her own and will definitely try to assist. Good luck- this situation reminds me of a similar accident with a lost lab a couple of years ago!!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Hola,all,,I tell you this..there is no way in hell I would leave the the area where my dog was unless I was running out of blood and would return as fast as body would allow...But I guess thats just me...And I dont want to hear all the excuses unless the owner was tied up in the hospital..Is your job more important than your dog ?????...PS..Quote {a month later}........................

Why, with what the dog owner is going through, would you think they owe you an explanation?

Their going through enough grief................

Ken

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 01:04 PM

Wasn't this all like 6 months ago? There can be little hope that the three legged boxer is still around waiting to be found. Hope it is in the care of a new family.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 01:16 PM

he probably did find a home but wouldnt you think his new owners would part with tripod for the reward, if they knew about it?:?:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Hola,all,,I tell you this..there is no way in hell I would leave the the area where my dog was unless I was running out of blood and would return as fast as body would allow...But I guess thats just me...And I dont want to hear all the excuses unless the owner was tied up in the hospital..Is your job more important than your dog ?????...PS..Quote {a month later}........................PS 12/19/12 This post was started on 7/7/12 and I was bumed out back then & now,,,My first baja dog we named agua claiente and called her auggie for short for over 14 yrs...so this really hit home to me......I do not know the whole storey...But as I posted I could not leave dog,kid,person behind and thats something no one can take from me,,, so to terry28 ...Take a long walk off a short pier & read maybe the whole post first...K&T:cool:

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 01:56 PM

Is your job more important than your dog:lol::lol:Its an ffnn dog you tool. Meds are needed:light:. PLEASE take your meds.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 05:12 PM

Another pitiful example of how a simple request gets morphed into irrelevant banter.
:(

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2012 at 05:29 PM

Next time we are in G Negro, we will ask around.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Cranskin

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 09:03 PM
Auggie's Story- from his owner and family.

Dear friends & supporters of my search effort,

I am the owner of the missing dog Auggie. I appreciate all of your concern and comments. I am using this login, because I have not been able to register as a user on this forum, it seems to always reach the maximum amount of users per day when I try. A kind friend of a friend allowed me to use her account.

This has been a very difficult and emotional time for me and trying to find help and support for my search has not been easy. As a single female from San Diego, with little knowledge of Spanish, it has been a challenge for me to find willing people (working around their schedules and my work schedule) to travel the long not so easy distance to Guerrero Negro - 8-10 hour drive from Tijuana Border.

It's hard not to have all the details of this story and read some of the comments on this thread originally posted from the people I was traveling with making unfair judgments. So please see what has transpired since, and why I have chosen to once again post on this forum.

I finally found a friend of a friend who spoke Spanish & was willing to travel with me and another friend to Guerrero last November to try to search for Auggie again. We created posters, bright neon ones that we hung all over the town. We spoke to the local consulate, police, vets, restaurant owners, taco stand workers, salt-factory workers. Passed out over 200 flyers. Taped posters all over my truck and drove around town searching for him. We brought our bikes, to cover more ground. There were 4 of us.

We finally had 1 confirmed lead. A lady and her daughter in town spotted Auggie, described him and his collar. They were feeding him and giving him water outside of their home 1 month after the accident. He was too afraid to go in to their home and would come by at certain times, but then disappeared and hasn't returned since.

There were other leads, another 3 legged boxer mix, one in loreto - we got a phone call from a lady who saw the flyer at the bank and contacted the Baja Dogs La Paz Rescue phone number on the flyer, one down the street, one in the adjacent town, but NONE of them were Auggie.

We could only stay for 4 days since the people I was traveling with had to go back to work, as did I. I tried reaching out to a pet communicator, a psychic, who said she "felt his energy, is alive, is in a town that was nicer, getting water from a spout, but ill for a while" She gave me other details, that I tried to puzzle together, but did not find him in any of those places.

Before I left, I had been searching and posted on Craigslist Baja, reached out to other shelters, resuces in the nearby area, also in San Diego in case someone had returned him up here. We even spoke to the military guards who wanted flyers. They would check to see if Auggie was in cars. They also wanted the reward. Now US $1,500, thanks to Labs, Retrievers, & More Dog Rescue.

I have been searching from San Diego, where I live with my other 2 boxer dogs. If I had the money, I would relocate there for a while and continue my search. But because of the language barrier, because I need to work to live and support myself and the other two pups, it's been so challenging. I'm frustrated that I don't have as many resources to get down there. I can't go alone. It's not safe for a single female to do that drive, especially at night.

Auggie was my baby, the youngest, a rescue from the Humane Society that I've adopted since 2 months when his previous family gave him up from a previous accident that left him with 3 legs. I recently reached out to a different pet communicator a few weeks ago and she mentioned, "He is alive, managing to get by in a small town, feels accepted and that I need to search deeper. Find a local who can speak the language and continue my search while I am not there."

I work with the VP of a rescue who has tapped into her network also down in Baja and has been spreading the news. I even sent in my story to News 8, but no response yet. I will try 10 News and see if I have any luck with them airing my story.

I don't have very many reliable Spanish speaking people to help me translate. I've created a facebook album with pictures of the accident, Auggie pictures, maps of Guerrero...

It feels like eternity. Like lost child cases, if I don't keep reminding people, eventually they forget, they become disinterested. I hope through seeing pictures from the accident their hearts will open and being dog lovers who have hope that he is still alive after 6 months of being so far away we can be reunited.

Here are some details of Auggie: Boxer, Fawn color with white chest, microchipped, last wearing a green collar with yellow strip and ID tags with my contact info, Missing ENTIRE right front leg, 55lbs, 4 years old. I'm going to try to post a picture as well.

My hopes are that my search will circulate as well as the flyers to travelers and residents, English speaking or both who will keep an eye out for him and contact me if they even just think there is a 3 legged boxer they've heard about. I appreciate all of your help and any news would be great. I was trying to get down there in December, but no one was available to go down, all with their families. January, my Spanish speaking friend couldn't make it.

He said hopefully next month in February. It's so hard to wait. I hope to find other people, that I would pay to help me. Meet me in Tijuana, with other friends I'd bring along and do the drive to Guerrero and neighboring towns. Help me speak to locals, and get the news out again. They will remember me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Here's a link to my Facebook album of Auggie & The Accident:
Auggie Accident Photos & Info
Cranskin

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 09:22 PM
Help Me in My Search? Anyone?

I didn't mention that if I could get down there sooner, or if anyone knows anyone who'd be willing to accompany a couple of us down there that knows Baja, knows Spanish, I could pay to help me. It's hard to rely on one person who speaks Spanish. I even bought Rosetta Stone to help me learn. I'm struggling here and need your help. I've been in contact with Baja Dog Rescue, through a friend who has posted his flyer and spread the news once again.

It's been very traumatizing for me to deal with everything from the accident and near death experience, to losing my beloved family member, Auggie. It's hard to get the same support from people who aren't big dog lovers. It's hard to get the same interest, and same motivation from people not so close to Auggie.

So I'm reaching out to everyone I can who might be able to help me. It's hard, but I'm not giving up hope. Until I get word, or find evidence that he has died, then I will continue my search until I die. I've heard stories of dog's being reunited with their families after years, and years. I hope mine will be sooner. Please leave your harsh comments and unfair judgements aside. I'm doing the best I can for what I have. I cry every night for him, think of him every day. He is not forgotten.

557288_10151944163305245_841451892_n.jpg - 24kB
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.