Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Secret Agent question
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 06:46 PM

Just meet at DENNIS's house. Beer in frig and steak on the grill. Hell....why go further then?

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Just meet at DENNIS's house. Beer in frig and steak on the grill. Hell....why go further then?

Thank you, Deno. Mi casa es su casa.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 07:15 PM
planned caravan

Hola,what I have done is to set the 1ST meeting when both partys have packed and set a date and time.. and if you think you cant make it..pick Phone and call other party and avise of current time frame !! when both partys have talked and say they are ready to hit the road !! 1 truck is the deasanated lead and has wrote down his planned nights spots along the ..relays to #2 truck and stay on road at all costs and when refueling keeps eyes on traffic passing as he refueling...has worked for me on many,many road trips and I alway have radios and stay on the road. like no side trips.. on baja 1 mex,the pan american hwy and the alcan hwy this has worked fine for me before cell phones..on mex 1 its rather hard to miss your buddy rig....K&T..I already have the ring, but next I'm getting a dick tracy watch !!!

[Edited on 10-28-2012 by captkw]
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 06:38 AM

Ummm...if I were a secret agent, I would stake out my target's home, set up a home base with perfectly matched camo within site before departure then tail them to the destination. :lol::lol::lol::P

The other would be to leave secret signs at pre-agreed upon checkpoints down the #1.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 09:08 AM

What?? Did you forget the phone in the heel of your shoe? I know "M" has made a flip flop model by now.:!:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 10:54 AM

My US cell phone with no real coverage in Baja (verison) will work as far south as Ensenada. Bit if I were a SA I'd have a pocketful of throwaway phones and don't forget the gloves. Don't want pesky fingerprints left behind.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 11:22 AM

This is a common problem for meetups in baja.

If someone doesn't show up they aren't a good travel partner. And two people coming from separate locations to meetup en route are unlikely to arrive at the meetup at the same time.

The excuses are endless. People don't know how to use phones in mexico, they don't know how to find places, they don't have a watch, they are the wrong the time zone, overslept, made other plans are slow or just plain forgot.

Often people do show up but they are 1 hour off on the time zone or they are standing behind a palm tree and you don't see them.

The solution is that you need plan A to be window of time say meet at 8am but show up early and wait at least 1-2 hours and the meetup spot must be a specific location with broad clear visibility.

Use bright signal systems such as tie a ribbon to a tree to communicate you were there and left.

Make multiple meetup spots and times to continue onward.

The best solution, is if someone doesn't show, meet someone else.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 01:30 PM

Stop being a weenie ....put on your Big Boy SA pants and drive south.

Your SA travel partner is unreliable and is only a potential risk from the time he did NOT show up until eternity....in fact, he could be a double agent ( you can tell because he thinks Pacifico is good beer and is likely swilling it at some cheap strip bar already in Ensenada).

Ignore all the cell-phone/internetthingee advice: leave the designated meet spot after waiting no more than 10 minutes, seek out a good taco cart, get a gut-full and head south after changing clothes, vehicle, and originally planned route.

Once south of San Quintin (since you originally planned to meet and head to San Felipe to mooch beer from McFez), follow the not-so-known advice to stay at a place few have heard of in El Rosario....(a humble roadside stop called Baja Cactus) and stay in one of the newer rooms....if not sure where all that is, contact the low-key and humble SA (code name:MapBoy) back in Los Angeles (use the carrier pigeons in the Aston Martin's boot) for directions.

You can find something to eat nearby at a place shunned by all informed Baja Nomads (who also think they are SA's) called Mamma's....

Once on the road again, be sure to contact Master Agent Gotta Peso for further directions....you can rely on him for secure intel and the new code.

Your next assignment will be written on a Catavina boulder and will at first glance just appear to be graffiti or a shrine....persist and switch Aston Martin for what appears to be an abandoned pickup truck at Rancho Santa Ynez (code book might be misleading as it might call location Santa Inez....don't be fooled....they are one and the same).....eat a burrito or two there for further sustenance....

By this time, your comrade will have been eliminated as his double agent status was confirmed by Ultra Agent Skeet in Texas....who has irrefutable evidence your comrade was a Democrat who never over-fished his limit, and drank Indio beer.

Who needs cell phones???? Or even flip-flop phones???

This message was sent by Super Dooper Class One Agent Buford.

Don't believe everything you think....
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 02:38 PM
motoged LOL,LOL

as for myself,, I marreid agent 99 and have 99 kids with phone shoes !!!!!.............K&T:lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-28-2012 by captkw]
unbob
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2012 at 08:42 AM
SpyTrainer

For all you aspiring Baja Secret Agents, here's a resource for becoming a "professional".

SpyTrainer

"We teach the skills that the government teaches it's agents to protect themselves."

Actually some interesting and informative articles here.

The Anatomy of Fear - How to Control Fear is especially good.

[Edited on 10-29-2012 by unbob]

"I'm too young to be this old!"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.