Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: little kids want surf wetsuits in La Bocana
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 09:06 AM

I asked and it was said........U2.......that I get a firm confirmation of arrival. No response on Sunday as promised :-( Disturbing .

I'm heading out several times today for Doctor's appointment and errands......will NOT leave several hundred dollars of wetsuits out there on the gate. Islandbuilder...please email me or U2 a few days before you leave for Baja........we will get these suits to the kid one way or another. Thanks for taking up this task.

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Blanca/McFez; we'll be coming through in early Feb. I know it's a long wait, but if everything else fails we're here as a back-up to the back-up.

[Edited on 1-14-2013 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
onemoreplease

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 11:22 AM

sorry packing all day and today its 20* outside. anywho, we're getting ready to hit the road.
we will pick them up to day. ashland to sac, 4- 1/2 hours.
we're headed to the bay area then down 1.
sorry again not a flake. we will be their. i u2u my #
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 11:24 AM
one more please

Hola,,check your U2U......K&T
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 12:21 PM

I am making new arrangements to get these to you.......more reliable without the games. The suits will be there in a few weeks or less. Regards. deno

[Edited on 1-14-2013 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
onemoreplease

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 02:34 PM

I am sorry we didn't get ahold of you yesterday. We are not playing any games just trying to organize everything to be gone for two months. We are more than willing to get the wetsuits today and bring them down. Just hittingthe Oregon Cali border now and can be in sacramento in about 4 hours. Please message me if yo want us to pick them up. Thanks
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2013 at 02:47 PM

onemoreplease Somehow the phone number you left is incorrect, I tried calling today. We understand how frantic packing is and we also comprehend that mcfez asked for confirmation on Sunday, and did not get it .....

c'est la vie when it is not "en rose" LOL

islandbuilder - Eduardo will have to wait til Feb for his wetsuit-- thanks for offerring to pick it up !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 07:23 PM

BajaBlanca skimmer......Google it

onemoreplease

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 10:28 PM

Mcfez I think that your post was really rude. Disturbing..and playing games ?
I have been thinking about how to respond to your message. We were more than willing to drive an hour and a half out of the way just to get these suits from you and had no problem at all. I accidentally typed the wrong number to you in the u2u because I was doing it from my phone on a small screen. I didn't get a chance to message you on Sunday because we were packing all day and had a ton of stuff to do. It would have been so easy for you to give me your phone number and I could have called you at any point to arrange the pick up.
good luck with yourself and the best wish's

Back to the suits, heck I'll shop around play it again sports, used gear places and see what I can come up with.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2013 at 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by onemoreplease
I have been thinking about how to respond to your message. We were more than willing to drive an hour and a half out of the way just to get these suits from you and had no problem at all. I accidentally typed the wrong number to you in the u2u because I was doing it from my phone on a small screen. I didn't get a chance to message you on Sunday because we were packing all day and had a ton of stuff to do. It would have been so easy for you to give me your phone number and I could have called you at any point to arrange the pick up.

Back to the suits, heck I'll shop around play it again sports, used gear places and see what I can come up with.

You're good in my book. The fact that you stepped up in the first place says a lot. Move on and refuse to be bullied.

Zac

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 08:31 AM
Let's get the facts right....

Sunday:
You did not make a confirmation that you were INDEED coming here....... "as promised" via u2 through BajaBlanca sent prior of the week end. This was suppose to be done on Sunday so that I could make arrangements. Not a word. Nada. Zero. This arrangement was made between you and BajaBlanca through the u2. You did not contact her, me or the post here. No phone calls. Gone in the freaking wind. Make all the lame excuses that you wish........about being too busy to make contact.

Monday:
You contact BajaBlanca via u2 giving her the wrong phone number!

Monday:
You contact me through the u2 at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, to tell you that you are "just leaving". Why not just call me early Monday....BajaBlanca gave you my personal phone number.

".......
To: mcfez
Folder: Inbox
Sent: 1-10-2013 at 01:32 PM
Message: Do you feel comfortable with me giving them (onemoreplease) your phone number ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx...."

Me rude? Hell yes I am..... to those that are rude that cant take 30 seconds on a Sunday to make a confirmation. Hell yes I am..... to those that are rude that cant take 30 seconds on a Monday morning to make a simple phone call.

Not a freaking word from you until 11:00 Monday. You expect me to hang out ALL day for a no show? You lack the consideration that other folks have a life .......Who the hell is rude?

The wetsuits have been arranged to get down there by a reliable party that knows how to communicate . Be my guest to buy a suit.....but your reputation here is crapola for not being able to follow through with a very simple task.

Have a nice time in Baja.......

Quote:
Originally posted by onemoreplease

suits, heck I'll shop around play it again sports, used gear places and see what I can come up with.

[Edited on 1-17-2013 by mcfez]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 12:35 PM

I think onemoreplease never realized the phone number was in the very first U2U.

This is all supposed to be for the GOOD everyone .... let's all take a deep breath and relax. Please let it drop. We all tried and it is all GOOD. really good. Eduardo will be thrilled - beyond thrilled - when he gets the suit. The water is freezing cold.

Can someone post a joke please ....right about now would be perfect ! Make it a rip roaring belly shaking heck, DO SOMETHING ! All hijacking appreciated !

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
I think onemoreplease never realized the phone number was in the very first U2U.

This is all supposed to be for the GOOD everyone .... let's all take a deep breath and relax. Please let it drop. We all tried and it is all GOOD. really good. Eduardo will be thrilled - beyond thrilled - when he gets the suit. The water is freezing cold.

Can someone post a joke please ....right about now would be perfect ! Make it a rip roaring belly shaking heck, DO SOMETHING ! All hijacking appreciated !

Q. Who invented fractions?
A. Henry the 1/8.

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Can someone post a joke please ....right about now would be perfect !

YEAH !!!!! No need to act like BIG RICHARD!!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2013 at 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:

Q. Who invented fractions?
A. Henry the 1/8.

Only a math teacher would know that one. :lol::lol:

Blanca, it will work out. Communications often are just not perfect.

[Edited on 1-18-2013 by DianaT]

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 08:24 AM

I'm late in here...
Onemoreplease; remember, no good deed goes unpunished!

Bajablanca...have a need for more sizes of wetsuits? I'll u2u onemoreplease and see where they are crossing...I'm minutes off the 5/805 in Imperial Beach and have 4 or 5 kids suits to give up. One may also be in the range you specified. My experiance (50 years) is that wetsuits fit chest/shoulders not age.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 08:28 AM

Onemoreplease...check your u2u
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 08:40 AM

wow...love the 1/8th joke !!!!!

good job !!!

thanks parnewbi - what a sweet offer and thanks for the hint on the shoulder size. I have class today and if Eduardo is there, I will take a pic of him. more wetsuits ! yahooo ! Now, I am thinking to ask the kids to have a C or better in all subjects... they have a month to bring averages up .... I had already offerred to throw a party if they got more names on the honor roll in each class. There were only about 5 names out of classes of size 28ish, far too low IMO. With wetsuits on the table, all the more incentive !

for those who have never seen the website from 2009 - how time flies:

https://sites.google.com/site/bocanabeachsurfers/

Come visit La Bocana

onemoreplease

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 10:30 PM

hey guys we checked the u2u. we're in san diego tonight, and will try to meet up with Rick.
it's late on sunday 9ish so we shot you a text. kinda feel it's a bit late to call.
good news I found 1 nice 2/3 to give out. wish we coulda spent more, but they wanted a ton for suits. one more place to check tomorrow before we bail.

some kids will be stoked.
:bounce:
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 06:19 AM

Baja Blanca; Got a text from onemoreplease and sent text back to meet up this morning (monday). Will let you know via this way as to success!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 02:30 PM

great amigos ! Eduardo's class has a goal of getting 18 kids (double what they have now) on the honor roll and I will donate the wetsuits for their class end of the year trip raffle fundraiser. So, we have til the end of Feb. for the suits to arrive.

Now we have to pray that Eduardo WINS one of the raffle tickets. Regardless. I will set one aside to make sure he gets a suit since he was the instigator of this whole project. That way, we achieve all our goals - I really want better grades and more effort shown at school, they want a school trip and Eduardo wants a wetsuit already LOL !!!

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.