BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Extra Manteca and mayo...please!!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 02:21 PM
You are WHAT you EAT ?

THAT would make some people Scheisse.

Wait, That's True.

BTW, NOTHING beats French-Fries cooked in Lard.

With Mayo (rather than Catsup) to dip them in. The Euros have that one right.

Speaking of GOOD food, I LOVE watching the United States of Bacon on the History Channel. Some GREAT ideas for GREAT Food.

[Edited on 2-13-2013 by MrBillM]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Speaking of GOOD food, I LOVE watching the United States of Bacon on the History Channel. Some GREAT ideas for GREAT Food.

Jeeezo....that show makes my arteries pucker. The star of the show is a dead man walkin'.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Jeeezo....that show makes my arteries pucker. The star of the show is a dead man walkin'.

:biggrin:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 05:37 PM
Good catch!!

Sorry Captkw, I was busy earlier but did want to answer your post. I remember the same thing happening to me when I went on a routine check to a dentist in Hawaii. My blood pressure was through the roof. Sometimes, a serious thing can be caught by a routine exam. You are right, the Silent Killer can catch you unawares, and we all know, dead men tell no tales!!
Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
Last week went to the ER for a enflamed/abciss close to my eye..upon admission,A nurse ckecking my blood pressure,freaked and and did it again..she looked at me like I was a dead man.LOL,,skipping the weight and temp, she rushed me into a room and a doc was there in minutes..started me on meds and stated that 218/160 was not a good thing !!! LOL You Think !!that was 8 days ago..today 131/82...Yee Ha...but no more ,pizza,beer,prime rib,,rib eye,salt, hot chicks (not!) greasy good tasting food!! And at a healthy 52 in shape guy,,I would have never guessed,, That I had High blood pressure...Felt great..The Silent Killer almost got me...guess some older folks around here know about this....A Real wakeup call for me..K&T:cool:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 05:52 PM

A year or so back, a doctor in Maneadero had my blood tested and when he got the results he said, " Jeeezo....your blood sugar is really high. I mean really high."
I went online and bought a pile of testing equipment and started testing my blood suger....every morning before eating or coffee or anything.
I tested for a couple of months and never went up to 100 on the meter.
Turned out there was nothing wrong with my blood sugar. It was the testing lab that had the problem.

Don't know why I brought you this story. Jes did.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 06:15 PM

I wil be 80 years old pretty quick..BP this morning was 136/42....Like Emeril says "Pork fat Rules"....

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 06:31 PM

How many times a week do you eat pork fat?
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
I wil be 80 years old pretty quick..BP this morning was 136/42....Like Emeril says "Pork fat Rules"....
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 06:56 PM

IMHO it's mostly but not all genetic. Nordic people and orientals with adequate income live longer than other folks. A sugar rich and fat rich diet devastates the general Mexican population, especially the indigenous. A genetically identical group of indigena separated by the Rio Bravo had the more impoverished, thinner, less diabetic Mexico side indigena living 13 years longer than the group on the USA side.

Why do so many Irish males end up with dementia?

But FDA recommendations are like a fart in a whirlwind. Now studies show folks who consume regular margarine are much more at risk than folks who eat butter.

Now, food ADDITIVES are a whole other story. And how about the link between aluminum and Alzheimer disease?

Eat vegan, swallow handfuls of supplements, teetotal, stay away from cigarette smoke, avoid the sun, and jog five miles a day ---- only to get hit by a bus.

Ain't life a b-tch?

[Edited on 2-14-2013 by DavidE]

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 06:56 PM

Do yourself a favor and buy a few books. Some are used for a few bucks in Amazon. Some are Ebooks that even come in mp3. You can listen to them!

Go to youtube

Listen to Gary Taubes, and ( Dr. Lustig, Sugar the bitter truth).

Good Calories, Bad Calories - Gary Taubes (2007)

Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats [Paperback]
Mary Enig (Author), Sally Fallon (Author)

The mis information is causing us to become obese, diabetics, with plugged arteries.

You need Saturated fat to stay thin. Follow the Paleo diet.
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 07:12 PM

Quote:

You are correct. My old man eat no saturated fat, eat whole wheat bread with margarine. Great choice for a heart attack. Died at 60 after following the gov recommendations. from the 70's Mc. Govern was in charge then. Follow the government pyramid recommendations and you will be dead at a young age.
Eat coconut oil daily before breakfast or in your coffee, with cream no sugar. eat eggs with butter spinach, no bread, no tortillas.

Try it for a month and have you doctor test your cholesterol and triglycerides. Blood pressure will go down. Eat tons of green veggies and lamb, pork, fish, bovine from gracing. No corn syrup or corn fed animals. less fruit because of fructose. tons of green leaf veggies. brocolli
Stop the nonsense.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
IMHO it's mostly but not all genetic. Nordic people and orientals with adequate income live longer than other folks. A sugar rich and fat rich diet devastates the general Mexican population, especially the indigenous. A genetically identical group of indigena separated by the Rio Bravo had the more impoverished, thinner, less diabetic Mexico side indigena living 13 years longer than the group on the USA side.

Why do so many Irish males end up with dementia?

But FDA recommendations are like a fart in a whirlwind. Now studies show folks who consume regular margarine are much more at risk than folks who eat butter.

Now, food ADDITIVES are a whole other story. And how about the link between aluminum and Alzheimer disease?

Eat vegan, swallow handfuls of supplements, teetotal, stay away from cigarette smoke, avoid the sun, and jog five miles a day ---- only to get hit by a bus.

Ain't life a b-tch?

[Edited on 2-14-2013 by DavidE]
when you say "orientals" are you speaking of nomads living on the east cape? or have you been licking beer cans again?:lol:
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2013 at 11:23 PM
I luv Mayonesa

but I won't touch it south of the border period. Nor will I eat anywhere that has it displayed as a condiment baking in the sun.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 03:13 AM

I guess I do eat healthy, but more out of personal tastes than by plan. I have never liked mayo, love green veggies, dont eat much beef. Up until last year I owned-operated a hunting guide service, walking 4-6 miles/day about 100 days per year. My lard comment was intended to be a joke, but some of our more serious attendees didnt get it...Here in Baja I have a good garden and eat a lot of fish...

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 12:21 PM
Mayo in Mexico

You ever notice the big jugs of mayo they use at the taco stands? They are out all day and all night...could cause some serious Salmonella problems...but the way they load up the tortas with it probably is gone in a few days...still..I am skeptical.
Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan
but I won't touch it south of the border period. Nor will I eat anywhere that has it displayed as a condiment baking in the sun.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 01:19 PM

From the original link:

Cash only, because you might die before the check clears.

I can't believe these guys. They take pride in killing people.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:05 PM

I don't refer to them as "asians" Willardguy because that it far too large an area. But I supposed you would rather I write, Japanese, Koreans (both) Chinese, Vietnamese, Laotians (excluding Hmong) Cambodians, Taiwanese, Thai, and Burmese. More politically correct? Need foot and end notes too?

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Lard actually lubricates the arteries. A lard laden meal followed immediately by a double shot of Tequila, which acts as a solvent, flushs the circulatory system :lol::lol:

Now that's my kind of reasoning.:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:21 PM
BYOM

South of the Border.

I DO.

Of course, I never eat ANY of the stuff that vendors want to put on the Fish/Shrimp (only kind I ever eat) Tacos in Baja. Fish or Shrimp in the Tortilla. NOTHING else.

Only Mexican food that I eat.

I, for one, welcome the influx of Hamburger and Hot Dog vendors.

MY kind of food.

Plain, of course.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:36 PM
Speaking about in the sun !!

It blows me away to see guys come in with fish, Just laying in the sun, On the bottom of a boat !!!! At least get a white towel and keep soaked !!! Talk about NOT, taking care of your Catch !!!!! K&T:cool:

[Edited on 2-14-2013 by captkw]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
South of the Border.

I DO.

Of course, I never eat ANY of the stuff that vendors want to put on the Fish/Shrimp (only kind I ever eat) Tacos in Baja. Fish or Shrimp in the Tortilla. NOTHING else.

Only Mexican food that I eat.

I, for one, welcome the influx of Hamburger and Hot Dog vendors.

MY kind of food.

Plain, of course.

thank you for staying in character, bill.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.