Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: CPB Pressure Cookers Being Siezed
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:12 PM

How quick politics enter these threads..And from the same people...Get a life...

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:14 PM

Ya know....if I had the chance to meet DK at a taco stand, we would likely hit it off real well talking about Baja. We both love it....DK is more fortunate than I am as he has been going to THE Baja much longer than I have, and he is much closer. I envy him for that.

And.....I just get so damned turned off/agitated (another self-contradiction :biggrin: ) when he gets into these stoopid political rants....it brings out the republican in me (i.e. I want to get a gun and shoot him :biggrin: ...["not a threat, your honour....it was a rhetorical comment"].

There is an illness at work here....(not DK)....with these mass shootings/bombings. I wish your countrymen/women the wisdom and strength to figure it out before the empire consumes itself.

The world is a crazier place than what we grew up in....or it sure seems like it :?: :o :(

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:16 PM

I must say Dk, some times he can completely destroy a tread with his slant on politics,, it brings it all out in most of us
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:23 PM

My friend is a LDS Bishop and isn't given to making up stories. Otherwise I would have shined this on. Course if you wanted to call Ogden and ask him yourself...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:24 PM

Any of you who have gone this long seeing DK voice his personal opinions, and still let it bother you, should take back control of your emotions and quit being voluntary victims.
You know you arn't going to agree with him, so why read his posts in hot threads?

And.....quit trying to tell him not to express himself in his chosen way. He's allowed that.
It's the effing American way.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:28 PM

Bullchit..There is a place for that and it aint here..

castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:30 PM

When we down to Cabo last may I noticed the stewardess serving wine from a glass bottle, yet they take away your shampoo if the bottle holds more than 4 ounces~ Hmm broken wine bottle or shampoo bottle?

Live Indubiously!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
bullpuckey..There is a place for that and it aint here..

Well....you arn't the speech coordinator here.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Any of you who have gone this long seeing DK voice his personal opinions, and still let it bother you, should take back control of your emotions and quit being voluntary victims.
You know you arn't going to agree with him, so why read his posts in hot threads?

And.....quit trying to tell him not to express himself in his chosen way. He's allowed that.

Well, then commenting on it is also the "American Way", isn't it?

DK could follow your advice (as contradictory as it is) as well. And DK's way isn't necessarily the American Way....but if it is, that's a scary thought.:wow:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:34 PM

Quote:

And who WOULD that be?

And who is the spelling coordinator here? :biggrin:

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:37 PM

Plenty of room for non fact based opinions in the OT. Just saying if you have a political rant you should post it over there as to not embarrass yourself here.

=)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

And who WOULD that be?

And who is the spelling coordinator here? :biggrin:

It's a monotheistic site.

No comment on the spelling nonsense. I quit paying attention to that years ago. It's all so simple.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Plenty of room for non fact based opinions in the OT. Just saying if you have a political rant you should post it over there as to not embarrass yourself here.

=)

DK??? Embarrassed??? :o
Really???????
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

=)

DK??? Embarrassed??? :o
Really???????

Who said I was talking about DK????

:lol::lol:

Was being vague intentionally.

DK and I share a love for Baja and also live in the same city. I need to get to know him more to determine if he's capable of embarrassment.

I like to be nice, as I think it counters the part of me that wants to be mean!!!!

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
This ain't a good time to bring your pressure cooker home according to a friend who entered at El Paso / Cd. Juarez. His buddy who was also secondaried, had a cooker and canning stuff in his motorhome. CPB confiscated the pressure cooker but not the cases of canned jars of mangoes and fish (from the Caribbean). Secondhand info said the CBP officer said pressure cookers coming the other way would be seized as well. This is getting kinda stupid. I guess some areas have USA inspections looking for guns or money coming into Mexico. Ah man I had plans to buy one in the states.

I can just see it:

"Sorry sir! Electric wire, cookware, butane cylinders, alarm clocks, cellular phones, nails, ball bearings, and every other device or item that can conceivably be used to build an explosive device is now being confiscated".

You forgot garage door openers commonly used to remotely trigger IEDs.

Bob Durrell
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 07:11 PM

I find it pathetic that after 911, politicians were accused of not being patriotic if they didn't wear a flag lapel. But just yesterday, there were plenty of people bashing the President. Like the President or not, people need to come together after a tragedy just like they did after 911. It's completely disrespectful to bash on the President in my opinion.

And DK, quit lecturing us on the "American Way"....we all have our own experiences and beliefs...yours are no better than ours.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 08:25 PM

I will try and lighten up this thread and get back to enjoying learning and sharing things about Baja.

Boy, some of you are grumpy old people!

But first, regarding all of the above, there was a comedian that said after Richard Reid tried to blow up a plane after his shoe had an explosive, we are lucky he did not put the explosive in his hair or we would all have to shave our heads.
Think about it and all the craziness and hysteria that OUR government puts us through.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 09:01 PM

When pressure cookers are outlawed...only outlaws will have pressure cookers!!
" Pried from my cold dead hand" viva la revolution!

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbdown.gif posted on 4-17-2013 at 09:06 PM

Quote:

We have to read his posts because he ambushes us by sneaking his ideology into so many threads. If he doesn't want the criticism, he should think (what a novel idea) before he pushes the send button. He then has a second chance to edit it out.

Yes, he has a right to "express himself in his chosen way", but it is so inappropriate, so tiresome, and it is also a very effective hijack. It screams for attention. It is pitiful. Then he lays down, belly up and cries defensively; always the victim. And he doesn't have the cajones to take it to Off Topic. In there, I would debate him if he shows respect. If he wants a fight, I would verbally cut him three ways; Deep, Wide and Often! :o:lol:
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2013 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
It's a monotheistic site.

No comment on the spelling nonsense. I quit paying attention to that years ago. It's all so simple.

:biggrin::biggrin: I like that honesty...:saint:

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.