[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:54 PM

Welcome back !!!

We sooooo need to talk flies , sometime -

D.~:D
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 08:00 PM

Sometimes a conversation is worth while if it displays an ability to reason.

And sometimes it doesn't.

unreasonable

adjective: unreasonable

not guided by or based on good sense.
"she knew she was being unreasonable, but she resented his domesticity"
synonyms: uncooperative, obstructive, unhelpful, disobliging, unaccommodating, troublesome, awkward, contrary, difficult, tiresome, annoying, vexatious;
obstinate, obdurate, wilful, headstrong, pig-headed, bull-headed, intractable, intransigent, inflexible, mulish;
irrational, illogical, opinionated, biased, prejudiced, intolerant, blinkered
"an unreasonable old woman"
unacceptable, preposterous, outrageous, ludicrous, absurd, senseless, nonsensical, irrational, illogical;
excessive, immoderate, extreme, disproportionate, undue, inordinate, exorbitant, extortionate, extravagant, intolerable, unconscionable;
unnecessary, unjustified, unwarranted, uncalled for;
informalover the top, OTT, steep
"the bill placed unreasonable demands on industry"
beyond the limits of acceptability or fairness.
"an unreasonable request"

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Sometimes a conversation is worth while if it displays an ability to reason.

Glad to see you begin the self-purging process. Perhaps we can look forward to a meaningful dialog when your cleanse is complete.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 08:22 PM

Quote:

Funny is one thing....rude and hateful hostility is another.

Exactly.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 08:27 PM

So he's talking about the gender of the fish he caught while in Panama... right?;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 08:33 PM

Iflyfish,
I am sorry to have messed with your return note....

Panama gets good reviews....I am not a fisherman, so can't talk about that....

However up here in Kamloops we are famous for trout....even appear to have a type with that name on it....pink flesh and yummy.

http://www.bcadventure.com/ronnewman/kamloops.phtml

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 09:20 PM

Welcome back, Iflyfish!
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 09:26 PM

Dennis, no one is shoving this down your throat as you keep saying. You are actively seeking out posts that mention LBGTQ related topics and then shoving your view down everyone's throats, blowing them up with your vitriol. If you don't like it, why don't you just skip the post and move on?

And go ahead, throw a bunch of silly insults at me now per your standard operating procedure.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 09:28 PM

A couple of remarks:

A. Iflyfish is very familiar with kamloops trout.

B. Regarding that Dennis is not a caring man. This may be a good time to remember thaw the contributed more for both Talkbaja when he was assaulted and Sally's daughter during her fight against cancer than almost everyone here. Certainly the most when considering his income. So that's not a good reason.

As for me. I'm still lost with 'the complexity of gender'.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
A couple of remarks:

A. Iflyfish is very familiar with kamloops trout.

B. Regarding that Dennis is not a caring man. This may be a good time to remember thaw the contributed more for both Talkbaja when he was assaulted and Sally's daughter during her fight against cancer than almost everyone here. Certainly the most when considering his income. So that's not a good reason.

As for me. I'm still lost with 'the complexity of gender'.

I have had the privilege of being towed in my pontoon boat by a 10# Kamloops trout. Nice pic above of what one can find in BC. Beautiful fish!

I enjoyed Panama a lot. This was my second trip. Panama is fascinating in that one can easily experience cosmopolitan urban living, quality high elevation jungle living and both Atlantic and Pacific environs. I love the mix of Latin and Caribbean cultures.

The fishing in Panama can be spectacular, a YouTube search will get you into it. I fly-fished for Peac-ck Bass with poppers and that was a blast!! World class salt water species are to be found off both coasts.

The cuisine of Panama is not as rich as Mexico with its 56 distinct Languages/Cultures and it's diverse geography engendering a multifaceted cuisine.

I posted this thread to let my fellow Nomads know that I was still alive and doing well. I had a request to post from a Nomad friend who told me that someone was concerned because they have not seen me post on this site, a site I have been very engaged with. I wanted to let people know what I was up to and that I am ok.

As to the content of my work, it is interesting and informative to note how even the mention of my work with gender provokes vitriolic homophobic rhetoric and a personal questioning of my gender. I admire this Nomad for putting out loud what many feel inside and publicly demonstrate by their behavior toward LBGTQ people. In this way I believe that this dialogue is informative.

This is the gauntlet that LBGTQ people have to run in their lives. It is not one that I have had to run since I identify myself as Heterosexual or Cissexual and Cisgender. I have not had to deal, until now, with people or myself questioning my gender. I find it offensive, though I would be proud to be called LBGTQ if I were of those genders.

I do not have to be black to support Civil Rights. I do not have to be female to support equal rights for women. I do not have to be Mexican to support immigration reform. I do not have to be LBGTQ to support their civil rights.

I want to be clear that I support efforts to understand and support LBGTQ people and their courageous efforts toward the development of their full civil rights and legitimate identities. I want also to be clear that I am available to present to any group that is interested what I have learned about the Language and Biology of Gender. I am engaged in Public Education to help people clarify what to most is a very confusing and perplexing issue.

I am a Social Worker who has made a career of helping to alleviate suffering. I have been in this field for over 45 years. I believe that it is important for people to understand the Complexity of all of our Genders and to address the crisis faced by LBGTQ youth.

30-40% Tried Suicide
20-40% Homeless Youth
28% Drop High School
26% Evicted from Home
34% Report Abuse
stats from Phoenix PFLAG

One can argue statistics but my reading of the literature tells me that these stats are indicative of the scope of the problem.

Salud

Iflyfishconminomadamigos
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 12:20 PM

Idon'tflyfishbutIridemotosallaroundgreatfishinglakesinBC could be my new Nomad handle, but I would need to have a snooze after each entry :biggrin:

I look forward to a trip to Panama in a few years by moto and enjoy the notion of that multicultural blend...

I am also a social worker by education and a therapist by avocation....as it is a vehicle for my journey on learning how to be a human being. Maybe if I took up flyfishing I could work on my impatience that pops up on occasion :light: ;D.

Your area of interest is challenging enough with the specific community itself, never mind negotiating those threatened by it.

Thank you for doing such important work.

Anytime you are up this way again to have a trout troll you around a lake, I would welcome you and maybe learn a thing or three :cool:

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Idon'tflyfishbutIridemotosallaroundgreatfishinglakesinBC could be my new Nomad handle, but I would need to have a snooze after each entry :biggrin:

I look forward to a trip to Panama in a few years by moto and enjoy the notion of that multicultural blend...

I am also a social worker by education and a therapist by avocation....as it is a vehicle for my journey on learning how to be a human being. Maybe if I took up flyfishing I could work on my impatience that pops up on occasion :light: ;D.

Your area of interest is challenging enough with the specific community itself, never mind negotiating those threatened by it.

Thank you for doing such important work.

Anytime you are up this way again to have a trout troll you around a lake, I would welcome you and maybe learn a thing or three :cool:

Thanks for the kind invitation, one that I may take you up on. I love the Kamloops area, "Fish a Lake a Day for as Long as you Stay" is the phrase I associate with this lovely community.

Iflyfisheh?!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 01:13 PM

Welcome back from Panama, a favored place for me, too...although a mite humid in certain locales.

Here's an Up North fishing invitation, Rick.

Casting is free-style. A book & pillow would be handy.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 01:15 PM

Hey Rick, I knew you were OK. I got your FB posting but hadn't got around to responding. I am engineering my move to BA, and my shoe-string budget is beating me like like a sadist!

My men's group, the ManKind Project is as inclusive as any I know and our leadership exhibits the diversity that is men's sexuality. I am proud that they have had the guts to recognize how nature plays tricks with gender, and that the compassionate way to help men find the answers they seek, is to first teach honor, commitment, and accountability, then give men a place to be themselves. We are now initiating men into the Project who have had a vagina all their lives.

DENNIS, I see you as the guy in the red jacket in this film made by Irish school boys. I wouldn't want to be that young man, and I sure wouldn't want anyone to think, today, that I still held such phobias.
I respect a lot about you. Not this.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-simple-beautiful-gesture-that-ca...

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

Not what? Specifically, not what?
I didn't look at whatever it is you linked here. I'm not interested in comparisons, or whatever it's supposed to be.
I'll stand behind everything I say and own it, so forget your conjecture, suppositions and innuendo, and just show me, unequivocally, what it is you take issue with!!

I'm really gettin' sick and tired of you, amongst others here, convicting me without being able to give verified reason.
Put up...or shut up.

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 01:43 PM

Dennis,
You have not been convicted by anyone but yourself. Your opinions expressed are your :"convictions" that you proudly stand behind/in front of. It is not a legal issue but, rather, is one of beliefs:

conviction
kənˈvɪkʃ(ə;)n/

noun: conviction; plural noun: convictions

1. a formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.
"she had a previous conviction for a similar offence"
synonyms: declaration/pronouncement of guilt, sentence, judgement More
"she will appeal against her conviction"
antonyms: acquittal

2. a firmly held belief or opinion.
"she takes pride in stating her political convictions"
synonyms: belief, opinion, view, thought, persuasion, idea, position, stance;
(article of) faith, credo, creed, tenet, dogma
"his deeply held political and religious convictions"
the quality of showing that one is firmly convinced of what one believes or says.
"she had been speaking for some five minutes with force and conviction"
synonyms: certainty, certitude, assurance, confidence, sureness, positiveness; More
no shadow of a doubt
"she spoke with conviction"
antonyms: uncertainty, doubt

You assert your entitlement to voice your opinions and have clearly presented them as hateful judgements against others. You have ridiculed, insulted, and proudly attacked those of a different "persuasion" than folks of your ilk. The proof you seek is in your posts....just read them.

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Welcome back from Panama, a favored place for me, too...although a mite humid in certain locales.

Here's an Up North fishing invitation, Rick.

Casting is free-style. A book & pillow would be handy.

I love that pic, pothole fishing! Love it. Glad to see you are still onboard! Panama can be very hot and humid, have to choose the best time of year. When it is not too hot/humid it is wonderful!

Iflyfishconmipanamanianamigos
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Hey Rick, I knew you were OK. I got your FB posting but hadn't got around to responding. I am engineering my move to BA, and my shoe-string budget is beating me like like a sadist!

My men's group, the ManKind Project is as inclusive as any I know and our leadership exhibits the diversity that is men's sexuality. I am proud that they have had the guts to recognize how nature plays tricks with gender, and that the compassionate way to help men find the answers they seek, is to first teach honor, commitment, and accountability, then give men a place to be themselves. We are now initiating men into the Project who have had a vagina all their lives.

DENNIS, I see you as the guy in the red jacket in this film made by Irish school boys. I wouldn't want to be that young man, and I sure wouldn't want anyone to think, today, that I still held such phobias.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-simple-beautiful-gesture-that-ca...

Wonderful video amigo! Thank you very much for sharing this and about how your men's group is now initiating men of GBQ men as we;; as men with ambiguous sex organs ....we all exist on a continuum of genes, sex and hormones. The first 4 weeks of our life we are ALL female. Differentiation of our brain and the morphing of our tissues that result in our internal and external sex organs occur after this. Stereotypical Male and Female brains are anatomically different. There is however a great deal of differentiation based upon the timing of androgenization.

It is fear of difference that underlies xenophobia, racism and homophobia. The more we know that less likely we are to be caught in these self limiting paradigms.

I understand homophobia, it's really, really hard to get our heads around how others can be so seemingly different than ourselves.

I am pleased and excited to hear about your pending move to BA, what a gift you are to that community and the community that you are leaving!! I look forward to more time with you amigo!

Iflyfishconmiasuncionamigos
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:17 PM

Roger,
Are you bobbing for fish, muskrats, or a moose out there? ;D

And what are you using for bait? Mosquitoes?

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:40 PM

Moose!...MOOSE? We only use them for the HUGE WALLEYES up here.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.