BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hi Can I Make A Sales Pitch Without Getting Yelled At Too Loud?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-3-2014 at 10:00 AM

David, some clarification. Did you ever speak to anyone at Sharp concerning not needing their services?
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Me again,

If there could be volunteers NOB who can make phone calls, make appointments, cut through some of the bureaucracy for Antonio, that may help a lot.

Me 22 centavos' worth thinks having some way to network to get parts down to Antonio would be fantastic. I am a perfect example of Snuffy Smith School of Economics who lives and dies by "seconds" demonstrator models, manufacturer's seconds, breaking open piggy banks, you name it. But I have priceless knowledge between my ears. I would love to get my chosen end underway with straightening out the electrical systems. Master cutoff switches, nice 1-watt solar maintenance chargers, 1,000 CCA group 65 batteries, and then a pair of ambulance grade Nippondenso 220 ampere alternators. Code 3 makes good lights but they cost a fortune. My 800 lumen LED inserts, will be free and give four times the "scene lighting" with the same reliability. I rob the Code 3 lamp housings heh heh.

But Antonio has to coordinate all this. His command of English is superb. So communications is no problem. I have to get my butt well and get up there and get those batteries (diesel) and cables into a reliable (meaning next to no maintenance) position. I have a functioning mail service at The UPS Store 0250 in Chula Vista. I know this stuff will work. There are a bunch of really sharp folks on this forum.

And....(Jaques Clouseau)...furthermore....

Can we get some folks to contact their Mexico Insurance Surplus Line Brokers? They too can cut modest donations and show the rest of the Mexico traveler's industry what a cohesive effort can accomplish. Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to maybe have a little lineup of decals showing just how much auto insurance companies are willing to go for their insured (OK, that's getting a little too hardball I'll back off).

Help Antonio! How can we help you? You are the brains of this effort.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2014 at 11:39 AM

welcome back Daveeed and feliz ano !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-3-2014 at 12:30 PM

I know there are a lot of organizations out there (The Rotary Club?) that would prefer to deal only with solicitation intermediaries that they know and trust. I am an utter stranger to these organizations and my pleas would fall on deaf ears. It is so discouraging to be willing but not able to help much.

75 miles Ensenada to the frontera

112 miles Ensenada to Lazaro Card##as (San Quintin)

45 miles Lazaro Card##as to El Rosario

76 Miles El Rosario to Cataviña

60 miles El Rosario to The Seguro Popular hospital in Colonia Guerrero

An ambulance gets around 10 miles per gallon. Less if it goes code 3 with a foot in the carburetor. At $3.75 per gallon for fuel now, a single trip, merely from El Rosario, to Cataviña, then transport to Colinia Guerrero then return to El Rosario costs the Desert Hawks a fortune. How much $$ is a Michelin 245X75X16" tire load range F?

A trip "expense cost" costs more than my car is worth. AGGHHHH!

IMHO a 12-lead De-fib unit would be WONDERFUL. Antonio is incredibly intelligent. He will find a way to get immediate training for himself and his crew. 2 units would be better yet. Nothing like a backup unit or for those instances where two are dispatched in different directions.

What I do not know (at all) is if it would be worth shooting for an electrocardiogram unit that has 3 or 4G capabilities. That would allow the sending of an electrocardiogram via cellular directly to the hospital. All kinds of things could then follow - like authorization to dispense cardiac medications in the ambulance while on the way to the hospital. But even a basic machine allows an incredible amount of information. It spits out a thermograph strip of paper, that can be handed to the attending Dr. the instant of arrival at the hospital. While the gurney is being wheeled to the treatment room the attending Dr. can be studying the graphs. My EMT 2 license expired twenty years ago so I am writing well out of my league here.

But rather than me fret about what i am UNable to do, I am going to concentrate on what I CAN do. As I mentioned in an earlier post I can provide some services to help out. Yes, my dream wish list includes me winning a super lotto and outfitting DESERT HAWKS with an evac helicopter.

But every forum reader can help in some way. Even making phone calls to organizations that donate equipment. The gurney that DESERT HAWKS uses is a SPINE BREAKER for the attendants. New style gurneys do not stress their backs when loading patients. I actually demanded (politely) that Antonio and Iselda PLEASE allow me to climb into the ambulance myself with assistance. Their gurney is not some piece of junk, it merely is not the new style that protects the technicians from a crippling back strain. I stand 6'2" and weigh 220 pounds. There is no way in hell I am going to allow someone to risk hurting themselves when they do not have to.

Again, that stretch of Mex 1, between the puesto de control militar above El Rosario to Cataviña is worrisome to me. I have seen too many injury accidents there over the years.

Once the "interest" of this thread gets muted I sure hope some volunteers with continuing resolve can serve to keep the donations and assistance program alive and well. I am merely "me" and my Dibble of help is pretty pitiful.

Thanks Fellow Nomads

And Thank you EL JEFE Forum Administrator!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 1-3-2014 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

IMHO a 12-lead De-fib unit would be WONDERFUL. Antonio is incredibly intelligent. He will find a way to get immediate training for himself and his crew. 2 units would be better yet. Nothing like a backup unit or for those instances where two are dispatched in different directions.

David,
Some of us do this for a livin, don't sweat it we'll lift you !

Unfortunately interpreting 12 leads is not something you pick up in a few weekend courses. I was referring to the 12 lead defibs being used by trained ACLS certified paramedics, nurses and physicians. :cool:;D

[Edited on 1-4-2014 by BajaRat]
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 1-3-2014 at 10:28 PM

davidE....let's not get greedy here now that we feel that folks are responding positively....do we now want TWO choppers?....really....let's start at ground zero and work our way up, whatcha say?.....we have ALL been part of fund raising down here on our peninsula and it is all about poco y poco....si?...be patient and it will come to you...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 1-4-2014 at 02:34 PM

Mulegemichael,

Amigo, si cierto. Pero conoces piloto con tres!

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.