BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: X-ray scanned my car at MX SY crossing
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 10:29 AM

Hope they stop me...

¿A donde va?

México

¿Donde?

"A la casa es de Osario Chong"

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
We have SENTRI and crossed at TJ and were pulled over for secondary. We had 8 bottles of Tequila and luckily we hid them all over the cab of my truck. When they looked at our stuff I know they saw at least 4 bottles, but never said anything. When we went to secondary they told me that they had to run it through an xray.

Why bring 8 bottles thru while having SENTRI? Not worth losing it. Especially after the government reads this.

:lol::lol:

Honestly, it was a mis-communications with my wife

She thought I had pulled out some of the tequila and left them at our casa in San Felipe and I thought she had left them

But, funny you should bring this up. When we went through SENTRI in Calexico a few weeks ago, I asked the border patrol dude if I have more bottles than allowed, how do I deal with that?
I continued and asked him if I would just pay taxes and he pretty much said, "depending on who you get for an agent?" He went on to say, "he normally just let them go!"

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 11:43 AM

so if they did tax you, where would you be directed? secondary collects taxes??
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 12:04 PM

I tend to enjoy border crossings....I also like to watch Cops and Border Security on TV to get ideas as to how LEO's operate....so I am not surprised with their methods.

Recently, my Canada /US crossings (BC/Washington) have been different in that they have been asking more questions about when and where I have crossed....and as I know they have that info before they ask me, it is interesting to watch them try to formulate their questions....

It's a game that is fun .... :cool: :biggrin:

[Edited on 4-30-2014 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 12:14 PM

cococabana's story about detecting radiation at the canadian border trips me out. Do we have these sensors at the mexican border crossings????
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 12:28 PM

So does the x-ray machine cause health problems for all of the people that are caught attempting to be smuggled across the border?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
cococabana's story about detecting radiation at the canadian border trips me out. Do we have these sensors at the mexican border crossings????

yes! but don't tell.....

dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
I tend to enjoy border crossings....I also like to watch Cops and Border Security on TV to get ideas as to how LEO's operate....so I am not surprised with there methods.

Recently, my Canada /US crossings (BC/Washington) have been different in that they have been asking more questions about when and where I have crossed....and as I know they have that info before they ask me, it is interesting to watch them try to formulate their questions....

It's a game that is fun .... :cool: :biggrin:

The agent who cleared me at SY northbound on Sunday asked me the same thing—"when's the last time you crossed?"
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 04:22 PM

here's a story about x-ray scanners being used at san ysidro. its a couple years old.

http://www.cnet.com/news/dhs-x-ray-scanners-could-be-cancer-...
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 04:29 PM

A number of years ago at Tecate, I carelessly described my heavy duty utility trailer as "bombproof". WRONG...secondary. Where we parked in a row of vehicles and the Xray machine on the truck with the snorkel drove by and shot through all the stuff. Before they did it they made sure everyone knew to get anything alive out of your vehicles!!! An easy way to get smugglers to give up a human, even if the Xray was harmless! Huh, Ged?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-30-2014 at 11:43 PM

Southbound or northbound... seems we are getting the directions confused? Since when is Sentri involved with going southbound? The thread was started about southbound x-ray (Mexican customs)... Thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Southbound or northbound... seems we are getting the directions confused? Since when is Sentri involved with going southbound? The thread was started about southbound x-ray (Mexican customs)... Thanks!

I have seen the Americans set up on the southbound side just before you enter Mexican customs with their mobile X Ray truck at both San Yisddo and Tecate harassing the south bound traffic
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 09:04 PM
Otay

Southbound at Otay, just before you get to the Mexican side there is a very large parking lot to your right. CBP directed us to pull in along with about 20 other cars......looked random.

Had to get out of our vehicle, then the scanner truck went up one side of the vehicle line and down the other. As all of us were standing around waiting, CBP ran a K-9 past everybody. Couldn't determine if it was a bomb dog or a drug dog.

Took about 15 minutes....we were not harassed by CBP, in fact, they were very polite

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2014 at 10:25 PM

More than likely it was a drug dog. I used to work at the Port of San Diego/Cruise Ship Terminal, and they brought in a bomb dog to check out all the luggage before it was put on the ship.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.