Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Nice Life!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 09:19 AM

Happy 'early' Birthday Chuckie!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 01:33 PM

Thanks DK!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 01:51 PM

I have always thought that we had some very quality people here on NOMADS, and you guys just proved it. I applaud all of you.

barry
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 02:00 PM

Nice life? Sure. Think of all the years you spent not even being alive, until your mommy and daddy chose to create you. =) Next thing you know, you're alive, but for a very brief time. Make the most of it. You will be dead soon. No one gets outta here alive. Happy Sunday! I'm going surfing.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Nice life? Sure. Think of all the years you spent not even being alive, until your mommy and daddy chose to create you. =) Next thing you know, you're alive, but for a very brief time. Make the most of it. You will be dead soon. No one gets outta here alive. Happy Sunday! I'm going surfing.

Only if you are stuck in a paradigm that only allows that particular view. Seems rather narrow and not too productive to me.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2014 at 02:27 PM

Hey, we will all outlive him...His outlook will shorten his life....Think Pizza..

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Hey, we will all outlive him...His outlook will shorten his life....Think Pizza..

Do they serve Pizza in Heaven. Sure hope so.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:33 AM

A sincere Happy birthday Chuckie! May God grant you many more!

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:39 AM

Quote:

I'm certainly thankful that my parents were IGNORANT OF BIRTH CONTROL. :tumble:

Bob Durrell
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Quote:

Only if you are stuck in a paradigm that only allows that particular view. Seems rather narrow and not too productive to me.

Hmmmmm. Can you tell me what I'm missing? What is your wide and super productive secret? ;D

I've accomplished a lot in my life. Productivity is enhanced when you know your time is limited.

[Edited on 6-2-2014 by Ateo]

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Do they serve Pizza in Heaven. Sure hope so.

Doubt it !!
Need the heat in the devil's kitchen for good pizza.

Besides, what makes you think you're going to heaven.:biggrin::no:

[Edited on 6-2-2014 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 10:28 AM

Good point! I'm pretty sure about me, I would worry about Pescador....Pondering...

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think this qualifies as a Hitch Slap. And isn't intended as an attack. Hitch put this better than I ever could.

“About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supernatural beings. Very often, when I give my view that there is no supernatural dimension, and certainly not one that is only or especially available to the faithful, and that the natural world is wonderful enough—and even miraculous enough if you insist—I attract pitying looks and anxious questions. How, in that case, I am asked, do I find meaning and purpose in life? How does a mere and gross materialist, with no expectation of a life to come, decide what, if anything, is worth caring about?

Depending on my mood, I sometimes but not always refrain from pointing out what a breathtakingly insulting and patronizing question this is. (It is on a par with the equally subtle inquiry: Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity—so the answer to the first question falls into two parts. A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless' except if the person living it is also an existentialist and elects to call it so. It could be that all existence is a pointless joke, but it is not in fact possible to live one's everyday life as if this were so. Whereas if one sought to define meaninglessness and futility, the idea that a human life should be expended in the guilty, fearful, self-obsessed propitiation of supernatural nonentities… but there, there. Enough.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22: A Memoir

I see Jon's statement as liberating and true. ALL the evidence is that we have this one short life, and without each one of us and our ability to experience our surroundings, the universe, as we know it, would have no conscious sense of itself. We are star stuff. We are also lucky to be alive in that brief time in human history when we have an amazing understanding of our planet but that information is at our fingertips as a result of the same technological progress which will almost certainly bring humanity to a pre-mature end. Go surfing. :lol:

[Edited on 6-2-2014 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 11:09 AM

vgabndo posted "Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity"

..but, at least in the Catholic religion, your priest (a mere mortal) has the divine ability to forgive you for your transgressions.

Bob Durrell
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 12:17 PM

WOW! This went downhill fast! Thanks for the Bday wishes, Elinvestig8r, stay well

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
vgabndo posted "Since you don't believe in our god, what stops you from stealing and lying and raping and killing to your heart's content?) Just as the answer to the latter question is: self-respect and the desire for the respect of others—while in the meantime it is precisely those who think they have divine permission who are truly capable of any atrocity"

..but, at least in the Catholic religion, your priest (a mere mortal) has the divine ability to forgive you for your transgressions.

It is my belief that the only person who can forgive me is the person I have wronged.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 01:27 PM

Thanks for sharing

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 01:51 PM

Jeez, Chuck; at least it got clear to the 2nd page before somebody had to interject either politics or religion;
May you live 100 years
May you drink 10 beers
Get plastered, you .... *******
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:18 PM

those pesky minorities acting up again.....we return you now to your regularly scheduled beer and pizza.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2014 at 07:49 PM

The simple life...

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.