BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: ....the COMPLETE TRAINCRASH thread............
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Hahaha...good to see things are back to normal around here!!:bounce:

Yup.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 05:12 PM

DR...your comment about the donation is really really tacky and mean. It is not the amount given that matters, it is the fact that people want to help out.. People give what they can spare to causes they are interested in.

I don't give a pinch of coon chite if you don't want to donate but I find it repulsive how you demean others who are trying to help...I dont usually get steamed but this really got my goat.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 06:23 PM

Shari I know you and Ron Hoff are thick as thieves but many who contributed to his cause also never got an explanation as to where the donations went and so I don't have any inclination to join the most popular clic, I never did in high school and I don't feel I need to now. I asked a question earlier of Lizard Lips and he castigated me on the Board telling me there was "no way in Hell" he would let me contact the Rancher to ask him where the money went from the family that was supposed to be used as searcher money and the family hasn't mentioned it either. It hurts me very much that poor Gary was lost in the desert and his car left intact and so that is why I got so involved in this. But there has been a precedence of starting a collection for admittedly tragic cases of members of this board from retired members on low budgets and then basically telling anyone who asks where the money went that their wife or family doesn't want any invasion of privacy after the money was accepted. I am not mean, I just don't want anymore Nomads to contribute without an accounting for and what is mean is to encourage others to give without knowing where their hard earned money went.
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
DR...your comment about the donation is really really tacky and mean. It is not the amount given that matters, it is the fact that people want to help out.. People give what they can spare to causes they are interested in.

I don't give a pinch of coon chite if you don't want to donate but I find it repulsive how you demean others who are trying to help...I dont usually get steamed but this really got my goat.
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 06:32 PM

It's none of your effing business Doctora. You were never "involved".

Lizard Lips and Bajaguy were involved. All the people who put up flyers up and down the peninsula were involved. All the people who checked on the truck were involved. All the people who contacted locals in restaurants and bars and fish camps were involved. All the people who have chosen to contribute are involved. You are not and never were "involved".

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by danaeb]

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 06:51 PM

I hope she doesn't learn how to post cartoons..:o:o:o

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 06:56 PM

I am involved because Lizard Lips told me to go down and investigate. I didn't get paid like he did and he wouldn't give me any information on how to find the Rancher so that was impossible. Please refrain from the profanities please.
Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
It's none of your effing business Doctora. You were never "involved".

Lizard Lips and Bajaguy were involved. All the people who put up flyers up and down the peninsula were involved. All the people who checked on the truck were involved. All the people who contacted locals in restaurants and bars and fish camps were involved. All the people who have chosen to contribute are involved. You are not and never were "involved".

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by danaeb]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 07:14 PM

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...............

JAW-NENE!!!!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
I hope she doesn't learn how to post cartoons..:o:o:o

That was big time LOL when I read that.

liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 07:34 PM

Shari, "coon chite".... that's cool Brenda wants to know if she can steal that line :bounce:
Jaybo
Nomad

Mood: Praying for Baja!

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
I am involved because Lizard Lips told me to go down and investigate. I didn't get paid like he did and he wouldn't give me any information on how to find the Rancher so that was impossible. Please refrain from the profanities please.

Did LL ask you to go investigate FOR HIM? Or did he say to go investigate for yourself if you want answers? Sheesh. It's a crowdfunding, if you want to fund, Awesome! If you don't, DON'T. Belittling the cause and others who contribute all because you don't agree how everything has been done in the past is not just petty, it's vindictive. You can be a really helpful person, or you can be a real itch with a capital B. I want to like you, but your thread crapping and general obnoxiousness that descends into visciousness when you get called out keeps me from that. I know you don't care and I'll go back to my usual lurking and STFU.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 08:32 PM

...wow TarDoc....I think PBS should have you on their next fundraiser....telling people why NOT to Contribute.....6 people for $191 ---frankly I'm surprised there's not more people donating just to irritate you! :P:P :rolleyes:
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...............

Sol thinks it may be cyclical, like moon phases.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 08:43 PM

.....let's be really clear as I suggested at the beginning of this thread that this fundraiser is for the Pattons to use as they see fit...whether it be a search,,or a 'wake' in whatever form that may take,,or a holiday in th'BAJAmas!!!! ...capiche?

....maybe it could be called a chicken coop initiative :biggrin::biggrin:

Quote:
..........blah-blah snip....... But there has been a precedence of starting a collection for admittedly tragic cases of members of this board from retired members on low budgets and then basically telling anyone who asks where the money went that their wife or family doesn't want any invasion of privacy after the money was accepted. ......blahdy blahdy -snip-
Quote:

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by micah202]
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 09:05 PM

Doc, people can give what they can afford to give if the choose to give at all.
Why does it have to be a "substantial" amount, like you said to Micah? It is not the amount that matters, people give what they can or not. And if they are ok with their dollars not being accounted for, then why aren't you?

Perhaps if you need an accounting in order to give from your heart, then perhaps give somewhere else, a non profit perhaps? there are many places who need your "hard earned dollars"!

danaeb, you are sooo right!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 09:10 PM

Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's three times now. Although it would certainly be a great pleasure and honour to be tighter with Ron but distance prevents it unfortunately.

I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

BUT yes...I did help out a person who once helped me out by calling my daughter who was closer and could assist him and his wife who definitely needed some support. I would do the same for most people...even ones I have never met.

If you knew me you would know that I am a helpful person when I can be, however I can. I donate prizes for worthy causes and have donated some funds to what I consider a worthy cause. Here in Mexico, that's how things work...people help each other unconditionally with no expectations on getting something in return or accountability...next time it could be you lying in a ditch.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 09:20 PM

Amazing how much BS is thrown around here about who helps others and how. Just amazing when so many expect to be compensated for everything they do. The BS is thick.

What ever happened to Gary is indeed a sad thing and the details may never be known which is so very sad for the family.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 10:00 PM

The Doc. knew where the bones were all along. All the deranged lip-flapping was just a cover.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
The Doc. knew where the bones were all along. All the deranged lip-flapping was just a cover.

.....a (not so) patient? :o:O
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-18-2014 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's twice now. I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

BUT yes...I did help out a person who once helped me out by calling my daughter who was closer and could assist him and his wife who definitely needed some support. I would do the same for most people...even ones I have never met.
If you knew me you would know that I am a helpful person when I can be, however I can. I donate prizes for worthy causes and have donated some funds to what I consider a worthy cause. Here in Mexico, that's how things work...people help each other unconditionally with no expectations on getting something in return or accountability...next time it could be you lying in a ditch.
I think it is pretty obvious this that both these people have a lot in common, they both go way over the top top to help out folks when ever they can. Good dr. feel free to step up like both of these fine people and HELP WITH OUT STRINGS like they have....Until you are going out of your way to help, please keep quiet. Both Gringo and Sheri have gone above and beyond the call of duty. I hold them in high regard. Please try not to cast stones until you have helped as many as they have without reward.Some of us help when and where we can, and prefer not to post about it, I don't think that is your "M.O." if it is please correct me. I wish I could help like these do.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 7-19-2014 at 09:45 AM

Very nice answer Shari I appreciate your politeness. Your response was very well written and thought out. We are all here to say what we think. I know we have new members everyday here and I encourage others to give if that is what they want to do. But as the late great Ronald Reagan said, "Trust but verify". I have gotten some very nasty U2U's from Ron as well as Lizard Lips when I started asking questions PRIVATELY and they felt the need to respond PUBLICLY in certain instances all for the purpose of embarrassing me and/or intimidating me to shut up. I didn't broadcast my "sensitive" questions until they felt the need to insult me or felt I didn't deserve an answer. If that was the case, Ron should have told me you know what, I will have what I want on my Facebook page and I don't feel I need to give you an answer. Instead, I was insulted and blocked. Grammar school stuff? You betcha. So Shari, your response is an exemplary response on yes we disagree but state our opinions calmly and explain our points of views and share information that we feel is incorrect. Thank you. Am I upset? Yes I am. I feel that we should ALL be able to question without threats, public insults and intimidation.
Quote:
Well Janene...you know very little about Ron & I as we arent thick as theives...I have met the man in person...ummm...lets see...I think it's three times now. Although it would certainly be a great pleasure and honour to be tighter with Ron but distance prevents it unfortunately.

I do have alot of respect for Ron and have communicated with him online...so please dont comment on something you know NOTHING about....and what this has to do with this issue is beyond me.

[Edited on 7-19-2014 by shari]
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.