Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: SJD and Cabo San lucas looting
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 12:43 PM

And now on a brighter note. I just saw this on FB. I do not know the writer, but here it is;

This was a positive post I saw on FB today …gives me hope!

Rick AntillonHEART FOR CABO
IMPORTANT ANNOUMNCEMENT!!!!

I just off the phone with a good Mexican friend Jay Vazquez that is at ground zero. He has been spending a lot of time on the streets of Cabo. We spoke for an hour and this is what he told me. Very good news. Also my girlfriend spoke to her aunt that lives by Soriana in San Lucas who confirmed this information is true.

1) The stories of gangs driving the streets with machetes and guns is highly exagerated. He said he has heard of some isolated incidents of a few home robberies and that was it. He said that the streets have been peaceful. No riots or fires. He has not seen one vehicle driving around with gangs in it. He told me that some of the Mexicans out of fear have spread exaggerated stories of multiple home break in's which in turn the gringos heard which in turn made the gringos scared to death leading them to barracade their neighborhoods especially when they see other people doing it. Yes some homes have been brokren into. It's caused a wide spread panic out of fear of danger that doesn't even exist. My friend has been moving freely around San Lucas and San Jose each day and has not seen any violence or gangs. That doesn't go to say that he is seeing everything so if you have actual 'facts' of anything else and are confident of the information please report it but only if you know it's not gossip created out of fear.

2) 14 prisoners broke out of jail but they did not start gangs. They simple broke out and are no where to be found but they are not running gangs.

3) The looting at Costco went like this. Costco told their employees and families that they could go in and take the necessities they need with military patrol overseeing the area. When other locals saw this they felt that they should be able to join in and proceeded to get what they wanted which caused it to be disorderly but not violent. The military could not really stop them without shooting so they let people take things and even things that they really didn't need like tvs. However it was not a forced violent entry and started off with the permission of Costco. This has been the case with some other businesses as well. It's not to discredit the fact that some stores have actually been broken and looted in Los Cabos.

4) He said the basic needs are water and food. So we must continue to raise funds to donate to legitimate organizations that will deliver them asap!

5) He is seeing CFE starting to put up temporary power and phone lines. Some areas he is being told will have electricity in 3-4 days but not all areas

6) He is seeing more and more military come in steadily and restoring order

7) He said the government is doing a great job in making things happen very quickly

8) Roads between San Jose and San Lucas are clear and safe to travel

9) He said he is feeling peace where ever he goes and no sense of fear

I think it's important we spread this news while still telling our friends and families there to be alert in protecting their areas as there will still be those that will steal and take advantage of the situation.

Help is on the way and people will be fed and have water. Continue to pray because the prayers are working and continue to pray for this next hurricane to go west as it seems to be headed that way more and more very second.

Please forgive me if I posted anything different yesterday as I was being giving information from people on the ground in San Lucas that were feeding off the fear of others who may have actually experience a isolated event in the area.

I think we can find a lot of peace in todays information as we continue to pray and believe with confidence that everyone will be OK and taken care of. Let's focus our energy, efforts and thoughts on building support for supplies so that we can get them there as soon as Baja roads clear. Remember "fear is faith contaminated". I need to practice what I preach!

Godspeed!

PLEASE REPOST EVERYWHERE!!!!!

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 01:01 PM

Good news, thanks!

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 01:22 PM
good

That sounds more like the folks I know and love in mex !!
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 01:30 PM

From facebook of:
https://www.facebook.com/hermelinda.vargas

Groups of autodefensas in colonies consisting of the threads were created by groups of citizens that have been organised. This is for looting that started in stores and supermarkets and spread a houses. All because of the safety cannot be guaranteed by the three levels of government. Dress playeras white, you are in barricadas armed with Bates baseball and machetes. Only allow public access to people known identified as neighbors...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 03:51 PM

Telemundo US has been covering something other than getting tourists back to air conditioning and electronics. Tonite had some great coverage of looting, fires and gangs in SJd Looked real to me....

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
9) He said he is feeling peace where ever he goes and no sense of fear

PLEASE REPOST EVERYWHERE!!!!!

There. Doesn't that feel better?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 05:16 PM

Where is my grain of salt?

Nancy Drew
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2014 at 09:50 PM

Another $0 dollar sale day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHe3YRXDIU
Nancy Drew
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 10:10 AM

After the looting report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-j5BQ0nv3U
cftlet
Nomad

Mood: Modelo Negro on my mind

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 10:28 AM

I just read El Jefe's post about the Costco store.I think that that looting is one of the more disturbing things I have read. The Costco store was kind enough to open their doors to provide for their staff and the staff in turn starts stealing T.V. s and such. I'm not sure how that could be considered a bright spot.
cftlet
Nomad

Mood: Modelo Negro on my mind

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 10:33 AM

OOPS. I just re read the post by El Jefe and it did not say the staff was ripping Costco of. My apologies to the staff.
mikeymarlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 10:50 AM

well, just hard to believe these videos----I truly find it VERY difficult to believe

that for all of us who spend lots of time (and money ) in the region and truly

care for some of these people and families to see this disrespect for stores

bringing the modern world to the region (certainly Costco is there to make a

profit )-------maybe I'm going to rethink my up and coming visits--
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeymarlin
well, just hard to believe these videos----I truly find it VERY difficult to believe

Don't visit the USA either - it happens here too. What country are you going to visit where looting and theft does not occur after a natural disaster? Perhaps you can teleport yourself into a fairy tale land where all people are perfect, eh? Perhaps a utopian communist ideal state where there is no income disparity and all work and live for the collective good? Just saying! People are people, no matter what country!

Anywho, I find it ridiculous when foreigners. look at the looting in cabo and then use that to disparage the local populace and imply that the locals are worse human beings than in their own neighborhood
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

Don't visit the USA either - it happens here too. What country are you going to visit where looting and theft does not occur after a natural disaster? Perhaps you can teleport yourself into a fairy tale land where all people are perfect, eh? Perhaps a utopian communist ideal state where there is no income disparity and all work and live for the collective good? Just saying! People are people, no matter what country!

Anywho, I find it ridiculous when foreigners. look at the looting in cabo and then use that to disparage the local populace and imply that the locals are worse human beings than in their own neighborhood

Japan:light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

So true Mt Goat. In the US we loot only during real chaos like when a team wins the NBA title (Detroit, LA).

Get off your high horse people!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 11:50 AM

Japan had no looting after the big quake and tidel wave

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jakethedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 01:06 PM

Sound like you need to GTF outta here to Japan then> adios. Hope you enjoy your closet size home.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jakethedog
Sound like you need to GTF outta here to Japan then> adios. Hope you enjoy your closet size home.

Why such silly response.
Indeed during the quake and the tsunami there was no looting.
Other places I could think of are Singapore and Saudi Arabia,

Looting there would have dire consequences, like hanging or the firing squad.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 07:28 PM

I don't think that you really want to compare Mexico to Japan, Singapore and Saudi Arabia. I can think of other areas of 'behavior' currently and in the past wherein Japan and Saudi Arabia would not fare well.

As a litmus test, where would you rather live, where would you rather your children live; Mexico, Japan, or Saudi Arabia... and why? Which of those cultures do you think that you would be most accepted into and that you would most readily adapt to yourself...and why?
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-19-2014 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
Japan had no looting after the big quake and tidel wave

There was nothing left too loot!!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.