BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: THANK YOU MESSAGE from Penny ADDED.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 09:35 PM

Message came through, and thank you so much!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 09:39 PM

Is Penny at home now? I will be passing by early tomorrow morning and could drop off a donation.

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2015 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Is Penny at home now? I will be passing by early tomorrow morning and could drop off a donation.

She says that she will be leaving between 9 and 10 in the morning. She has to go to Ensenada tomorrow to pay for the cremation. Fortunately, a good friend of Murray's is there to drive her.

Thank you --- Oh, if you visit the grandpas, they don't know yet. She wants to tell them herself as of now.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-8-2015 at 09:36 AM

Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss Penny,and second, a heartfelt thanks to all who have helped Penny out in her time of need...I am sure more donations will come in to help both her and her abuelos.

Every little bit helps amigos...so take the 5 minutes to pay forward some kindness via paypal.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 03:06 PM

Did Penny receive enough funds to cover her expenses? How is she doing? How did the grandpas take the news. Bless all that helped.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 03:56 PM

I was there yesterday (4-12) and the assistant said Penny was at home resting and is doing better.

bacquito
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 05:44 PM

First of all, my apologies to everyone who has come forward to help. As she is not up to it yet, Penny asked me to tell everyone how truly grateful she is and is quite humbled by all of it. I am late in posting this message--- my bad. She will personally thank everyone when she is up to it.

We communicate everyday, and it is an up and down battle right now. Some days are worse than others, but as always, time and more time is needed.

Bacquito, thank you for visiting. I will tell Penny you were there. She has been so worried about care for her grandpas, and people have also responded in that way. One couple drove down from Rosarito to deliver a great donation and the local delagado also delivered a very nice donation. It has definitely helped Penny feel a bit better knowing that they are not being forgotten.

The grandpas and the caretakers are there for her, and she is visiting them. Unfortunately, it appears that Nicanor, the blind gentleman is dying. He is the one in one of Graham's pictures on page one where Penny is holding his chin, and I think tripledigitken also took his pictures. She took that news quite hard.

Maron, her immediate needs were pretty much covered, but there will be more expenses and an OVER THE TOP donation is coming her way from another nomad as I type. What is next, we don't know yet.

I would mention every nomad who has helped, but I am not sure about some as the pay-pal we were using is astrobaja's. And I would never mention names without permission. Eventually, we will try to get it figured out as she will want to thank everyone individually when she is up to doing so. But please know, that she is really overwhelmed at the help that has come from here and from Talk Baja.

Penny does advise people not to die in Baja as the paper work is huge and without immediate cash, they hang on to the body and would not let her even say good-bye until the initial fees were paid. Also, while we have never done so before, when we travel in Mexico we will carry a certified copy of our marriage license just in case something was to happen. It is a must have document.

I need to end this message for now with just saying what wonderful, genuine and amazing people the astrobaja's are. In every way possible, they have been there for Penny, including during her darkest hour along with a couple of non-nomads.

And once again, those who have stepped up in different ways are just great people. We miss our friend Murray very much and he was a lot like Penny, he gave it all to others in need.

And Penny would not be happy with me if I didn't say, please don't forget her grandpas.

Thank you, again, this should have been posted sooner.

[Edited on 4-14-2015 by DianaT]

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2015 at 09:29 PM

bacquito and Diana T,

Thanks for the update. Positive thoughts to the grandpas and Penny.

For anyone who has the means, large or small, please help the old guys and Penny.

Thanks to those that have and will help.

Peace and love, it will come back
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 4-27-2015 at 08:31 PM

Thank You All for your donations and Support, you have helped my Grandpas andI out in a Dark time, God Bless you from the bottom of my heart!
Some have asked..Will I stay? The answer is YES, I will continue helping my Grandpas, we need each other now more than ever!! They miss Murray and his Gentle ways, but together we will get through these devastating times and be Stronger for it!! Much Love snd Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2015 at 04:21 AM

Great news Penny and the Lord will provide!

Make sure you send us all news about the abuelitos now and again.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2015 at 12:43 PM

Penny, difficult that it may be, stay strong. There are a ton of good thoughts and prayers going your way.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.