BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: TECATE Businessmen, YOU have a PROBLEM!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2015 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Wow, you guys really need a Baja trip... and check that rising sea level while you are at it! :light:

David, I'll be in Baja for the next month beginning tomorrow. I'll take some pics of all the beach erosion near Bahia Asuncion for you. Just because YOUR eyes are closed does not mean it's not happening:light:

And just because you and many others have totally bought into the biggest scam in history, does not mean that it is. Consensus is not science. A bunch of folks getting grant money to come to the conclusions wanted by their grantors will usually result in more grant money. I know this is a difference of opinion and not in line with the pc view The global warming crowd will tolerate anything except a differing view.

[Edited on 6-13-2015 by bajacamper]

So these climate scientists are credible when predicting hurricanes but suspect otherwise?

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-12-2015 at 08:19 PM

Well, if that's all this global warming thing is, then it should be very easy FOR YOU TO DISPROVE THE PHONY GRANT-MONEY CONCLUSIONS.

We're waiting............
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2015 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Aldrete Juan Marquez, President of the Committee for Public Safety Tecate

Canto Juan Bartolomé Lam, Director of Public Safety and Municipal Transit Tecate

Moon Omar Herrera, Criminal Judge in Tecate

President of the Commission of Tourism of the XXI Legislature, deputy Marco Antonio Novelo Osuna

Liaison with United States/Personal de enlace con Estados Unidos
Juan Tintos Funcke
Secretario de Turismo del Gobierno del Estado
(011 52) 664- 682-3367
jtintos@baja.gob.mx

http://tecate.gob.mx/contacto/

https://www.facebook.com/TecateAyuntamiento

Baja California

Members of the Border Legislative Conference

Diputado Gustavo Sánchez Vásquez
Edificio del Poder Legislativo
Av. Pioneros y Av. De los Héroes No. 995
Centro Cívico
C.P. 21000, Mexicali, Baja California.
Tels. (01 686) 559.56.00, (01 686) 559.56.01
gustavo.sanchez@congresobc.gob.mx

Diputada Laura Torres Ramírez
Centro Cívico
laura.torres@congresobc.gob.mx

Diputado Rodolfo Olimpio Hernandez Bojorquez
Centro Cívico
rodolfo.hernandez@congresobc.gob.mx

Diputado Jose Roberto Davalos Flores
Centro Cívico
roberto.davalos@congresobc.gob.mx

Centro de Gobierno Tecate
Callejón Libertad #1305
Zona Centro, Tecate, B.C.
C.P. 21430
Tecate: (665) 103-7500

Secretary of Tourism
River Building, 3rd. Apartment
Juan Ruiz de Alarcon No. 1572
Zona Rio, Tijuana, 22320
Phone: (664) 682-3367 ext. 113
www.descubrebajacalifornia.com

[Edited on 6-12-2015 by bajaguy]

Anybody here have personal and first hand info on these clowns? If I had been hassled or scammed, I'd be writing them too. I have a feeling anyone on this list who knows what happens in Tecate will maybe shrug and laugh and say: si, the policia intimidated the gringo and his ESPOSA paid the fine and they were both shaking in their car. Everyone on this list might even get a bottle of Rum. I could be wrong.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 09:10 AM

Wow, you guys really need a Baja trip... and check that rising sea level while you are at it! :light:

David, I'll be in Baja for the next month beginning tomorrow. I'll take some pics of all the beach erosion near Bahia Asuncion for you. Just because YOUR eyes are closed does not mean it's not happening:light:

Beach erosion is NOT 'rising sea level'. The beach sand moves all the time, tides, currents, rain, wind all move sand and it goes away, usually it comes back (ever been to the beach in San Diego county and see the difference between summer and winter, rocks and sand?). Some homes at Bahia Santa Maria have been lost to beach erosion, but the ones not gone are still the same distance above sea level.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 10:55 AM

Beach erosion is NOT 'rising sea level'. The beach sand moves all the time, tides, currents, rain, wind all move sand and it goes away, usually it comes back (ever been to the beach in San Diego county and see the difference between summer and winter, rocks and sand?). Some homes at Bahia Santa Maria have been lost to beach erosion, but the ones not gone are still the same distance above sea level.

''The study also finds that while Democrats are more convinced that human-caused global warming is happening and more supportive of climate and energy policies than Republicans, there are deep divisions within the Republican Party. In many respects, liberal/moderate Republicans – about a third of the Republican party – are relatively similar to moderate/conservative Democrats, while conservative Republicans often express views about global warming that are distinctly different than the rest of the American public.

For example, among registered voters:

• 88% of Democrats, 59% of Independents and 61% of liberal/moderate Republicans think global warming is happening, compared to only 28% of conservative Republicans;

• 81% of Democrats and 51% of liberal/moderate Republicans are worried about global warming, compared to only 19% of conservative Republicans;

• 82% of Democrats and 65% of liberal/moderate Republicans support strict carbon dioxide emission limits on existing coal-fired power plants to reduce global warming and improve public health, compared to only 31% of conservative Republicans.''

http://environment.yale.edu/climate-communication/article/po...

David -- what are you debating? This is about your (and other's) politics, isn't it?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 11:07 AM

No Lee... I am not debating projections and predictions of something that hasn't happened ... made only by those who get paid to keep making the bogus predictions, and their supporters. A popularity poll isn't science. Observation of something is.

I observe the sea level as being the same the past 60 years... provide visual evidence in hopes to enlighten those who have been lied to by the left... and will always believe in truth and facts over the emotional drama of the left.

Life has enough drama without more being heaped on by activists wishing to destroy American prosperity, while China pollutes more and more with coal burning and the rest of their 'uncontrolled' behavior.

If they are really concerned about world pollution, then they should apply their standards fairly among the polluters.

Meanwhile, I will return to Bahia Concepcion, to the exact same spot I did in 1966, and I will still be above sea level!

Have a nice day!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 11:07 AM
Yea, I'm part of that smll percentage.

[url=
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh37/durrellrobert/offend... ]
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh37/durrellrobert/offend... [/url]

Bob Durrell
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee
Anybody here have personal and first hand info on these clowns? [/rquote  

What is missing from the list is probably the only group that would even begin to care...the Chamber of Commerce.
Hit 'em where it hurts most.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 01:08 PM

I quess I'm confused. In the 1970 era the "scientists" told us to beware of global cooling. The icecaps were expanding at an alarming rate. That didn't quite pan out so in the 1980 - 1990's global warming caused by man was now the theme of the day. It has been shown that the planet has not warmed significantly over a thousand years, so now we have climate change. Ah climate change. No matter what happens now it can be blamed on the American man. There is finally a catch phrase that global warmers, coolers can get behind, but don't ignore cows farting in the field. Those rascals have a role in this too you know.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 01:19 PM

Too many goats is what I think.....Goat gas....

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 03:20 PM

Neener---neeener!

bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 03:49 PM

I don't know what happened I just pushed a button. Sorry I jumped in on the hijack.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:08 PM

WTF does any of this have to do with the cops in Tecate???Another case of DK spewing his political BS.....

bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
I'm afraid I have to agree 100% with DK on this one. Just because it happens to a lot of people, and is increasing blatantly, but didn't happen to HIM does mean it doesn't happen to EVERYBODY UNIVERSALLY. After all, the corrupt cops can't pull everyone over all at the same time, right? Besides, he was just there and wasn't hassled, and hadn't changed since the last time he was there, so therefore there isn't a growing problem because he didn't see it happen, therefore it doesn't exist.

In David's world. Viva OZ !!

Senor Chuckie, this is where the train went sideways.

Goes hand in hand with his theory about man made climate change..after all the sun still comes up in the East:light:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:37 PM

Is Tecate under water?

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:48 PM

Turns out that a major number of climate change deniers are end-timers. The same folks that don't think it is worth investing in infrastructure, because when Jesus comes back, who will care about this stuff.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 04:50 PM

As usual, DK gets blamed for injecting a political view into a non-political thread, when actually it was bajabuddha, as bajacamper pointed out. And or course chuckie blindly piles right on. Come on children, really.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 05:48 PM

Nah! I had my glasses on,,,,That dang Buddha...I knew it was his fault...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-13-2015 at 09:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajacamper  

And just because you and many others have totally bought into the biggest scam in history, does not mean that it is. Consensus is not science. A bunch of folks getting grant money to come to the conclusions wanted by their grantors will usually result in more grant money. I know this is a difference of opinion and not in line with the pc view The global warming crowd will tolerate anything except a differing view.

So these climate scientists are credible when predicting hurricanes but suspect otherwise?

The people of tecate don't care if cops fłeece gringos. 99% of gringos in tecate are passing thru and don't even purchase so much as a taco. The cops are smart to fleece these transients, as no local gives a flip.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2015 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

Perhaps it helped to speak to him in fluent Spanish.

Bingo! As some of you know (well, at least David K and his lovely wife), my Spanish is pretty good. I've been pulled over numerous times in Mexico and always humbly submit to authorities if I'm in the wrong, usually paying a mordida and getting on my way without further hassle.

But if I get pulled over by a cop on some bogus charge, I argue with them in polite tones and have ALWAYS gotten off without paying anything. My (Mexican) wife is always amused as the scene of a cop realizing that things aren't going as planned unfolds. She enjoys re-telling the stories to her friends.

That said, there have been times when I was going the wrong way in the center of some town or city I was unfamiliar with and have had cops pull me over and gently explain that I'm going the wrong way while pointing to a nearby sign indicating the correct direction of travel and then let me go with a warning to be more careful--never even hinting at a mordida.

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.