Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Mulege Real estate?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 07:47 AM
Real estate and drought

Hola Robin,,pregunta ?? when did the Drought end ??

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by captkw]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Some time ago, when I started here in BájaNomad, there was a threat about grey and black water released into the river. How stupid are folks living in Mulege, to post something like that??? Does that help the Mulege economy? Or constantly talking about all the flooding along the river? Does that help Mulege at all? I for my part, if I would live in Mulege, I would just `shut upī hoping that people reading this board / potential buyers can forget.

If I was a newbie looking for paradise in Mulege, it would take very little research to find that Mulege has it's share of problems. So does Pescadero, Todos and Cabo.

Folks living in Mulege aware of grey/black water getting into the river need to police the area. If I were living there, I'd post that info here no problem. I don't consider posting this info as stupid.

Not writing about the elephant in the room is lacking in integrity. I don't think it's possible to hide stuff from this forum anyway. Too many sharp nomads know what's going on.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 04:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Some time ago, when I started here in BájaNomad, there was a threat about grey and black water released into the river. How stupid are folks living in Mulege, to post something like that??? Does that help the Mulege economy? Or constantly talking about all the flooding along the river? Does that help Mulege at all? I for my part, if I would live in Mulege, I would just `shut upī hoping that people reading this board / potential buyers can forget.

If I was a newbie looking for paradise in Mulege, it would take very little research to find that Mulege has it's share of problems. So does Pescadero, Todos and Cabo.

Folks living in Mulege aware of grey/black water getting into the river need to police the area. If I were living there, I'd post that info here no problem. I don't consider posting this info as stupid.

Not writing about the elephant in the room is lacking in integrity. I don't think it's possible to hide stuff from this forum anyway. Too many sharp nomads know what's going on.

I sure believe that you would post anything which harms the community u r living in >>> as you didnīt catch the point of my post.
Sorry my friend, thatīs not a lack of integrity, but a lack of intelligence.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 05:22 PM

That may be a possibility, but why is it a problem? I don't know anyone who drinks that water, or cooks with it.....Doesn't stink....So ??? And I question if any of these naysayers know enough to raise the issue...I wonder if any of them have ever spent any time in Mulege??

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 06:08 PM

"I sure believe that you would post anything which harms the community u r living in >>> as you didnīt catch the point of my post.
Sorry my friend, thatīs not a lack of integrity, but a lack of intelligence. "

I love it when a poster accuses of "lack of intelligence" when using the term "U R".
How old are you? On a cell phone, r we? Hope u r not driving. Please, save your texty for dating sites.

The Mulege estuary is actually probably cleaner now than before the highway got there. Lee was right, there are savvy Nomads who know the story about Mulege. I wouldn't eat anything out of it, regardless of tides or flood. As far as being an issue of living there, moot point. 20-25 years ago there was a cholera epidemic there, as well as many towns all over the entire Country of Mexico; Mulege has done its' share of cleaning up where they can, as they can. Don't speculate on things you know nothing of.

YES, the estero floods. They had a long dry spell, and the last 11 years have been hell-on-earth for them. Old folks move out, the 'Old Cadre' got just plain worn-out from clean-up (some, if not most...)just a few dry years in the future and all landscaping improved, it'll be top-dollar paradise again, as when I first saw it. Back when, I could no more afford to live there than fly to the moon. If I were young with money right now I'd be investing like crazy; the crazy young'uns WILL come again, El Paraiso WILL rise again, and there's money to be made for those who can wait, and afford the luck of the draw if more cataclysm stays at bay.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 07:04 PM

chuckie, bajabuddha, u r not @ the point. What I wanted to say is: even IF grey water is released into the river.... and somebody is reading this who might consider to come to Mulege, or even buy a property... why chasing that guy off with stories like īgrey water...etc...???
If you love your community, just shut up w/ those stories and let the tourist decide if he likes the town.... or not. Same w/ the constant posting about flooding....Is there nothing positive to post about a town you love and live in and want to support???Catching the point now?
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 08:54 PM

Oh, yeah. U R so much smarter than me!

86 - 45*

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 01:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Oh, yeah. U R so much smarter than me!

PLS see your u2u
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 02:52 PM

JC I think you need to go back and read this thread again....AND I wonder if you aren't the same JC that trolled the same subject some time ago trying to run down a property for a cheap deal.....??????

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 04:17 PM

chuckie, The thread started w/ a large number of homes for sale, I know. But as always, it turned out to a completely different meaning than you started. BTW, the large number of homes for sale are mostly out of the river valley, right? 13 from C. Taylor alone. Others, out of any danger zone are rare. Well, I was wondering about the BS people are posting about cleaning up a property/home after a flood. That is a nightmare, no doubt. All those who are selling a home inside the flood zone are telling you that cleaning up is a piece of cake! BS! BS! BS! Once you cleaned a home and property after a flood, you are done with it... never again! What C. Taylor posted here about the costs.... BS again. It takes days and days to get rid of the mud - depends on how high it is. But 16 inches of mud more or less are not removed in half a day, donīt you agree? And where to go with it? And , and , and...
drying the home, repainting it, getting the furnitures from the storage and moving in again... No way, I donīt wanna do that. Thatīs not my priority in life. Peace, love and fishtacos is what I like (and some other things!)

If Iīm the one who posted the truth about a property??? If you are talking about the Serenidad.... Yes Iīm the one (no, my boss to be honest) who was interested. But not after I saw the facts. And the facts were not quite positive, > that is very polite expression. And after seeing the facts we were not interested anymore. So running down for a cheap deal is the wrong word, sorry. There was no more interest at all after I (or better: we) saw the actual circumstances. We are constantly looking for hotels for sale to convert them into resorts. All over Baja. The Serenidad is not in our eyes. No matter how cheap it might be offered. Even a 100K is too much... if the whole complex is flooding into the sea of Cortez one day. Donīt you agree?

[Edited on 7-7-2015 by JC43]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 05:02 PM

chuckie, The thread started w/ a large number of homes for sale, I know. But as always, it turned out to a completely different meaning than you started. BTW, the large number of homes for sale are mostly out of the river valley, right? 13 from C. Taylor alone. Others, out of any danger zone are rare. Well, I was wondering about the BS people are posting about cleaning up a property/home after a flood. That is a nightmare, no doubt. All those who are selling a home inside the flood zone are telling you that cleaning up is a peace of cake! BS! BS! BS! Once you cleaned a home and property after a flood, you are done with it... never again! What C. Taylor posted here about the costs.... BS again. It takes days and days to get rid of the mud - depends on how high it is. But 16 inches of mud more or less are not removed in half a day, donīt you agree? And where to go with it? And , and , and...
drying the home, repainting it, getting the furnitures from the storage and moving in again... No way, I donīt wanna do that. Thatīs not my priority in life. Peace, love and fishtacos is what I like (and some other things!)

If Iīm the one who posted the truth about a property??? If you are talking about the Serenidad.... Yes Iīm the one (no, my boss to be honest) who was interested. But not after I saw the facts. And the facts were not quite positive, > that is very polite expression. And after seeing the facts we were not interested anymore. So running down for a cheap deal is the wrong word, sorry. There was no more interest at all after I (or better: we) saw the actual circumstances. We are constantly looking for hotels for sale to convert them into resorts. All over Baja. The Serenidad is not in our eyes. No matter how cheap it might be offered. Even a 100K is too much... if the whole complex is flooding into the sea of Cortez one day. Donīt you agree?

Unfortunately. With the exception of the public areas around reception, the place is very long in the tooth. It bothers me to say this, since I have very fond memories of the place.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 10:09 PM

AGAIN, Mulege WILL grow again. it's a major 'changing of the guard' right now; 20 years of good weather built a strong 'pseudo-power' infrastructure of rich and self-powerful people to build their temporary "Paraiso" of big castles in small fishbowls. Mama Natural took care of that the last 10 years.

Mulegé isn't like San Carlos on the mainland (or a million other Gov't sponsored Fonatur 'fish-pens' for rich foreign (gringo) investors who required a false-sense of security to make their 'cheap' (to them) playgrounds safe for their 2 to 6 week-a-year trips to their "real homes". Been a bad run, period. Those of us who know Mulegé more than 15 years know the dance that goes on. First few storms, some moved, most stayed, rebuilt, cleaned and moved on. Few more storms, folks spent half their 'vacation time' cleaning up, re-doing electric and other utilities, some tired and sold. The last 4 have been devastating.

However, I promise you, a few years without estuarial flooding, business as usual. All will be fine. What was the quote about the estero being an "abysmal mosquito-infested swamp"?

Done a lot of Baja........ not nearly as much as certain SCHOLARS of BN, but enough to know that a piece of my soul will always occupy the estero throughout eternity. Only better is The Gates Of Lodore.

Ergo, JC43, regardless of your 'positive mental attitude' on all things, I call fine, live your own fantasies. I believe state the facts, good and bad, just some do only 'positive' and some got nothing but chit to say.
Perfection is not in Utopia, but is in BALANCE.

Too bad perfect BALANCE is totally non-judgmental, ain't it?

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 12:53 AM

I didn't get an answer to my question, and this thread has now degenerated way beyond repair....So .............

SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 11:58 AM

I looked at the web site the realty posted and I was shocked at the prices. So high. For a desert town miles from nowhere. I would hope the home prices are in pesos but of course I know they are not.

I can rent a 3 bedroom house here in Playas for $600 US/Month 2 blocks from the beach.

My 5 star apartment on a hill with an endless view, security, and electric and gas included is $US 350/month. Water is $MX 150 Pesos/month extra. Plus of course the climate is wonderful, we live here year round, minutes to the US, and endless miles of beaches, shopping, art and entertainment.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 12:24 PM

Slyonce, if Americans wanted to live in Tijuana the prices would be high there too. I know Playas de Tijuana is an OK place with cheap but nice housing but most Americans steer clear of Tijuana, no matter the delegation.

Mulege is a different world. It's rural, clean, pretty beaches with warm clean water close by, and many think desirable. Comparing it to TJ is an apples and oranges comparison.

[Edited on 7-7-2015 by SFandH]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 12:25 PM

Desert Town? Miles from Nowhere? I'll take a baggie of that stuff....Yup

[Edited on 7-7-2015 by chuckie]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
AGAIN, Mulege WILL grow again. it's a major 'changing of the guard' right now; 20 years of good weather built a strong 'pseudo-power' infrastructure of rich and self-powerful people to build their temporary "Paraiso" of big castles in small fishbowls. Mama Natural took care of that the last 10 years.

Mulegé isn't like San Carlos on the mainland (or a million other Gov't sponsored Fonatur 'fish-pens' for rich foreign (gringo) investors who required a false-sense of security to make their 'cheap' (to them) playgrounds safe for their 2 to 6 week-a-year trips to their "real homes". Been a bad run, period. Those of us who know Mulegé more than 15 years know the dance that goes on. First few storms, some moved, most stayed, rebuilt, cleaned and moved on. Few more storms, folks spent half their 'vacation time' cleaning up, re-doing electric and other utilities, some tired and sold. The last 4 have been devastating.

However, I promise you, a few years without estuarial flooding, business as usual. All will be fine. What was the quote about the estero being an "abysmal mosquito-infested swamp"?

Done a lot of Baja........ not nearly as much as certain SCHOLARS of BN, but enough to know that a piece of my soul will always occupy the estero throughout eternity. Only better is The Gates Of Lodore.

Ergo, JC43, regardless of your 'positive mental attitude' on all things, I call fine, live your own fantasies. I believe state the facts, good and bad, just some do only 'positive' and some got nothing but chit to say.
Perfection is not in Utopia, but is in BALANCE.

Too bad perfect BALANCE is totally non-judgmental, ain't it?

Since you mentioned Fonatur, which has actually been very successful in many locations, building infrastructure that has paved the way for so many tourist resorts, I was wondering what your take is on Loreto.

I realize that Mulege is not a Fonatur town, which grants it its own amazing features. But, Loreto, which did not appear to need Fonatur so that it could retain its uniqueness is right now the worse for their involvement, except perhaps for the hospital. Thoughts?
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 05:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SlyOnce  
I looked at the web site the realty posted and I was shocked at the prices. So high. For a desert town miles from nowhere. I would hope the home prices are in pesos but of course I know they are not.

I can rent a 3 bedroom house here in Playas for $600 US/Month 2 blocks from the beach.

My 5 star apartment on a hill with an endless view, security, and electric and gas included is $US 350/month. Water is $MX 150 Pesos/month extra. Plus of course the climate is wonderful, we live here year round, minutes to the US, and endless miles of beaches, shopping, art and entertainment.

Looked at the prices ... so high? Where else can you buy a decent home (2/2 or 3/3) for under 20K ??? not talking about any drawbacks.
Desert town, miles from nowhere? Where is nowhere? This is the town so many folks love. Where they can find friendly nice people instead of big city BS.
And guess what, the friend of my best friend rented a sixandahalf star condo for under 400USD, right north of the border >>> so he doesnīt have to travel!!! Now he is considering to replace the current window in the bedroom. He wants a bigger one that he can see at least 8 stars every time!!!
It is always the same: Those who have no money are talking about nothing else than money. And those who have bad credit and canīt buy a home - they are renting for lifetime, paying off the landlords investment.
I am at home in CSL, but love to travel to these little towns like Mulege or Loreto or on the mainland along the coast. People are so much friendlier in these areas as in big cities. You can even learn that right here in this thread, right?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 06:40 PM

Where else can you buy a decent home (2/2 or 3/3) for under 20K ???

Maybe Detroit.

But Mulege?

20K? Quick! Where? Link with photos?

[Edited on 7-8-2015 by SFandH]
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 7-7-2015 at 09:47 PM

JC43 is trolling with 'nice-ness'. Full of stuffing as an xmas turkey. I ignore; I suggest the same. :smug:

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.