BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Good quick lunch spot on the way down to BoLA?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 02:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

I hate to bash any local businesses but after a serious rash of problems with friends and family lately, I have removed the Villa de San Quintin from my list of recommendations. All kinds of problems with the hotel AND restaurant lately to the point that I now steer people AWAY from Villa de San Quintin. Too many better options in San Quintin to keep dropping money at a business that is not interested in anything else than your money...

I stayed there just a few nights ago (Villa de San Quintin) and had another great stay. I had another long talk with Rey who owns the place. He took me around to many of his fruit trees and shared what was ripe.

We had a triple room with three beds in two rooms and two tvs. Obviously the hotel has wifi as well. The cost was 830 pesos.

Ron if you have any specific instances, please share them. But I find your statements a bit wreckless.

Sorry amigo but I have been biting my tongue for a long time about Villa de SQ. Lots of complaints lately over bogus/double credit card charges and other service problems in both the hotel and restaurant. The latest issue involves items missing from hotel rooms. I usually send friends and family to Jardines as my first choice but for times when they are all booked up, I would use Villa as another option.

With all the complaints that have been piling up in addition to our experiences there lately with very poor service, I can simply no longer recommend them in good faith.

Sorry...

Just saying, I'm providing a first hand account of my experiences. To bash a business on what someone told you seems a bit unfair. I am primarily talking about the hotel not the restaurant. I've had some great conversations with the owner who seems like a great guy. He's always treated us well.

Did your friends approach the business with their concerns? What was the result? Maybe your friends could post a first hand account instead of you?

Seems like reaching out to the owner might be the right thing to do:light:

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 04:57 PM

Did your friends approach the business with their concerns? What was the result? Maybe your friends could post a first hand account instead of you?

I think you have seen now by the thread on our facebook group that there are many who have had issues with Villa de San Quintin. I am glad to hear that your buddy there takes care of you when you stay Zach, but it simply is not the case for everybody, based on the TalkBaja thread.

They have received enough complaints to know they have a problem. It is up to them now to fix things...

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 05:15 PM

I think you have seen now by the thread on our facebook group that there are many who have had issues with Villa de San Quintin. I am glad to hear that your buddy there takes care of you when you stay Zach, but it simply is not the case for everybody, based on the TalkBaja thread.

They have received enough complaints to know they have a problem. It is up to them now to fix things...

I too have had good meals there and also pleasant conversations with the owner. Location wise, it is a great place to stop for lunch on the way down, or breakfast (if staying in El Rosario or San Quintin). But things change. It is good to get current reports, although they need to be from primary sources.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 07:29 PM

To many other places in San Quintin. No need to go to a place with questionable service.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 08:43 PM

Parcela 12 is our choice for a quick meal. When you walk in you're greeted by the friendly folks behind the counter/kitchen. They will lift the lid to each pot to show you what's available. You make your choices, your plate is piled high on the spot. Can't get any quicker than that. Tortillas and fresh queso will be brought to your table. I love the honey, so fresh, sometimes with bee parts included.
Sometimes they have machaca de jaiba, usually in the fridge, so for that you'd have to wait for it to be prepared. You can be in and out of Parcela 12 as quick as you can clear your plate, if it's a good quick meal you're looking for.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 7-12-2015 at 09:14 PM

BajaGringo lives in San Ouintin and is well connected, I would take his advise over any passers by...Just sayin...:biggrin:
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 06:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Another good place is Taquería Parcela #12. Kilometer 16 south of San Quintin.

My Favorite for sure !!!!
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 08:14 AM

El Cliente-one of those seafood shacks next to the highwayin the San Quintin area. Smoked clams!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  
Parcela 12 is our choice for a quick meal. When you walk in you're greeted by the friendly folks behind the counter/kitchen. They will lift the lid to each pot to show you what's available. You make your choices, your plate is piled high on the spot. Can't get any quicker than that. Tortillas and fresh queso will be brought to your table. I love the honey, so fresh, sometimes with bee parts included.
Sometimes they have machaca de jaiba, usually in the fridge, so for that you'd have to wait for it to be prepared. You can be in and out of Parcela 12 as quick as you can clear your plate, if it's a good quick meal you're looking for.

P>*)))>{

any directions? I've seen it but only at 60mph and can't remember where. any landmarks nearby to watch for?

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 10:43 AM

Across from El Pabelon. Right when you start to slow down for the mini topes heading south pull over and eat. :dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Martyman  
El Cliente-one of those seafood shacks next to the highwayin the San Quintin area. Smoked clams!

I'll second that recommendation. East side of the highway, with a whale skeleton out in front. Good fish tacos as well.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Parcela 12 is our choice for a quick meal...

P>*)))>{

any directions? I've seen it but only at 60mph and can't remember where. any landmarks nearby to watch for?

http://tinyurl.com/Parcela12

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Across from El Pabelon. Right when you start to slow down for the mini topes heading south pull over and eat. :dudette:

Must be good, there are usually a few semi trucks parked there.

;)
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 08:02 PM

Ron's Google map is spot on. After you make that swooping left hand turn (heading south) it's about a half mile down, on the left side of the highway.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 7-13-2015 at 09:33 PM

Mmmmmmm Parcela #12.... Definately gets my recommendation...

"muy Ranchero!"
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 06:08 AM

is that where all the school buses are always parked? I know the curve anyway. 5 more weeks!

BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 09:12 AM

Parcela #12 has recently remodeled (6 months) No more hitting my head on the door or ceiling inside.

Yes Woody that's the Place
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 05:00 PM

P>*)))>{

I get the feeling that you won't make recommendations for you own political reasons, Ron. You live there and certainly don't want to anger anyone.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 05:29 PM

I looked at the tinyurl link and see that it does have a bunch of buses across the street. now that I know where it is i'll be sure to check it out.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2015 at 05:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  

P>*)))>{

I get the feeling that you won't make recommendations for you own political reasons, Ron. You live there and certainly don't want to anger anyone.

Look at the beginning of the thread.

[Edited on 7-15-2015 by rts551]

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.