Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Dead sea turtles, scorpion bay
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2016 at 06:12 PM

I have not seen or heard of dead turtles here in Bocana.

However,yesterday on the beach by the Cabaņas, there are many dead red langostini.

I did not take a photo as we were watching dolphins frolicking very close to shore.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2016 at 08:20 PM

My neighbor was just over and mentioned a number of dead turtles in Santa Rosalia. He also mentioned something about a boat leaking phosphorus in La Bocana as well killing a lot of sea life. My neighbor, Tarraya is one of the most respected fishermen in town so I deem the information credible.

surfinggrandpa71
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2016 at 05:16 AM

Do not want to beat this topic to a pulp, but I received an email yesterday from a couple we met while camping down in San Juanico. They said this week there was another turtle caught in a net right near !st point and a few surfers tried to free it. They went and got a knife to cut the net but , no luck, the turtle had expired,,,,,,,,,,,another sad ending. I assume destroying a fishermans net would be a bigger crime than saving a turtle.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2016 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
My neighbor was just over and mentioned a number of dead turtles in Santa Rosalia. He also mentioned something about a boat leaking phosphorus in La Bocana as well killing a lot of sea life. My neighbor, Tarraya is one of the most respected fishermen in town so I deem the information credible.

That boat was parked out side the Pacific area of Bocana and Abreojos for quiet a while. Lots of rumors, from it was smuggling to it was disabled and leaking. I think they finally figured out it was just waiting for cargo orders.
surfinggrandpa71
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2016 at 06:21 AM

My son in law is in Scorpion Bay now, he sent us an email stating two more dead turtles yesterday at low tide near the 2nd point area, they look like they expired not long ago,,,,,,,,,,,sad news again.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-16-2016 at 02:07 PM

Per this article, there were 35 dead ones found in the Santa Rosalia area in a week:

http://www.unotv.com/noticias/estados/baja-california-sur/de...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.