Author: Subject: Mulege Warning
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 07:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
if more than one is talking about sabotage at Mulegino, than it is not an allegation - its a fact

Or in other words:
Two wrongs make a right
Two rumors make a fact
:lol:

Astounding logic!

What about this: One woman is stating Trump molested her. That could be an election thing.
Then another woman comes up - independently from the first - stating the same. The smart guy is at least lifting his eyebrow now.
Then a third woman is coming up with the same story - independent from #1 an #2.
Still an election game / trick???
Then another one comes to the surface accusing Trump the same.
Now, those folks who are not stupid, are thinking about the possibility that all those accusations - independently made - might be true.
(Do we have those smart folks here as well???)
In the case w/ Mulegino it is more clear than w/ Trump.

Well,... in the case of trump, he was caught on tape saying he molests women. Caught multiple times. So the women's allegations seem to be true, as trump already admitted he does that chit! (Crikey! That guy is a piggish blistering idiot!)

Have you got the mechanic on tape admitting to, as you say, "sabotage?"
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2016 at 09:04 PM

if more than one is talking about sabotage at Mulegino, than it is not an allegation - its a fact

Or in other words:
Two wrongs make a right
Two rumors make a fact
:lol:

Astounding logic!

What about this: One woman is stating Trump molested her. That could be an election thing.
Then another woman comes up - independently from the first - stating the same. The smart guy is at least lifting his eyebrow now.
Then a third woman is coming up with the same story - independent from #1 an #2.
Still an election game / trick???
Then another one comes to the surface accusing Trump the same.
Now, those folks who are not stupid, are thinking about the possibility that all those accusations - independently made - might be true.
(Do we have those smart folks here as well???)
In the case w/ Mulegino it is more clear than w/ Trump.

Well,... in the case of trump, he was caught on tape saying he molests women. Caught multiple times. So the women's allegations seem to be true, as trump already admitted he does that chit! (Crikey! That guy is a piggish blistering idiot!)

Have you got the mechanic on tape admitting to, as you say, "sabotage?"

Do you ever find a guy in this world admitting "I did sabotage" ?
What a silly question of yours!
If a fastened lid from a water tank (wind shield water) is found in the securely closed air filter housing - what does it needs to be recorded?
If the speedo is in repair at Mulegino with the odo in good shape, and after the repair of the speedometer the odometer does not work.... ? What kind of tape are you talking about?
There is far more to say. Lots of evidence about sabotage on customers cars made by that named shop. Can`t post them all here.
Very silly, not to say foolish question. BTW there are several women accusing Trump. Aired tonight live on CNN. Not a single tape of that in existence but still considered to be true.
The sabotage made by Mulegino shop has all evidence it needs. No tape needed.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 06:37 AM
Our experience at El Mulegino

Second hand stories flood chat sites, some are within reason, some not so much so.

We were having car trouble - yes with our Toyota Tacoma (believe it or not David K) and needed repair. We stayed an evening at Buenaventura on Conception Bay and Mark recommended El Mulegino. We got up early the next morning, drove there and the mechanic diagnosed and repaired our problem where two other shops (Cabo San Lucas & San Jose del Cabo) had been unable to figure it out. We were back on our way north in a few hours, treated fairly, and the repair stays to this day. They had every opportunity to mess with us, delay our trip, overcharge, and, yes, even sabotage our truck - none of that happened. At the time I posted about our positive experience there. I realize this only represents one traveler's experience but it was a good one.

Shop in question at km 131

John M
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 08:43 AM

Did I ever say that sabotage happens on travelers? Nope! I didn`t.
It makes no sense to do it on drive through folks. BUT: On customers living in the area it makes sense, right? They suppose to come back - not so the traveler. So any comment from drive through folks are not relevant to the thread.
stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 09:10 AM

Outside observation:

I usually watch these posts from afar but I have the chime in.

So, essentially this is a single one star review for a place with a sea of 5 star reviews. Likely making this place a 4.5 star place on Belp (Baja Yelp)

I get it.

Move on

rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 09:20 AM

Hi
I have no knowledge of this shop in Mulege but I have an auto electric shop in the San Diego area. It is very easy to blame a mechanic for something failing after he works on your car. When working on a dashboard we always warn the customer that we will be very careful but other things can break in the removal process. If the car has spent any time in baja it has been subjected to tremendous heat that causes printed circuits and plastic parts to become brittle. We have had cars towed in not running with the harness under the dash burned. When we get it running we find the radio doesnot work and the first thing the customer says is that it was working before we worked on it. They never think that the burned harness might have damaged the radio. I would not be so quick to assume that this mechanic did sabotage on your friends car.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 09:53 AM

John, nothing is 100% and it was Neal Johns and other Amigos de Baja Tacoma owners who strongly advised me to buy Toyota for quality and ability off road when I was shopping for a 4x4 truck. I was looking at Ford when they strongly urged me to go Toyota.

Wow, am I glad they did! I have owned three Tacomas and my long time Jeep owning wife is now on her second Toyota.

So, what needed fixing on your Tacoma?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 11:50 AM

I have had nothing but nothing but nothing but absolutely fabulous experiences from mulegino over the years..they are the absolutely best mechanics around!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 11:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mulegemichael  
I have had nothing but nothing but nothing but absolutely fabulous experiences from mulegino over the years..they are the absolutely best mechanics around!

:lol::lol::lol: Mulegino does not even have mechanics :lol::lol::lol:
Those two mechanics working for Mulegino last year left! Both!
Now some Non-Experianced youngsters are taking out of your car what is in need of repair and Mulegino is sending everything to CD Constitucion.
:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-14-2016 by JC43]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Now some Non-Experianced youngsters are taking out of your car what is in need of repair and Mulegino is sending everything to CD Constitucion. :lol::lol::lol:

Would you have the personal integrity to say this stuff in front of the person you're badmouthing? :rolleyes:

I have no intention to travel to Mulege to meet a crook. We do have enough of them down here in CSL. Even if our team is passing through Mulege - which happens often - I will not stop and talk to the owner of that company.
For what reason should I do that? He is know very well as a crook and a big liar. Friends talked to him often b/c of un-explainable issues after repairs. He never paid any attention to complains. All reports I posted here are from serious persons. Mostly relatives. But friends as well. All living in Mulege and having experience w/ Mulegino. And most of them not just out of one incident. So everything can be considered as true. No matter what `vaca caca´others are posting about this issue.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 02:19 PM
What needed fixing DK?

David, if you weren't such a good friend, I'd have to fib just a little. Suffice it to say the wheels just fell off. In truth, DK, email me and I'll share the long sad story and why the guys at El Mulegine returned smiles to our faces. I'm not Toyota bashing!

John
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 02:19 PM

JC43, thank you for taking the time to report what happened to others you know. Consider it "mission accomplished."

As with all public forums, there will be others who may want to report their findings at the same business. Nothing personal against you.

As with all reviews, the date of the findings is key. As we Baja travelers know, a different employee might treat a customer different, compared to your experience.

Giving businesses that cater to travelers more than one chance is only fair. If the business has a history of doing right by his customers, but on the day the owner is gone and someone else was rude or made a bad taco or left the windshield washer fluid cap off, that should not call for a business boycott.

It is all a matter of weight of reviews... if 10 people have a great experience, but one person was upset because Fox News was on the TV and goes to no end to bad mouth that business... is it really bad for the rest of us? Yelp works well for people that way. I know a great Thai restaurant near here... 10 reviews give it 5 stars and one gave it two and one more described a place that is nothing like the restaurant, as if he clicked on the wrong place to review.

You live in Cabo San Lucas, but Bob (and others) live in or near Mulegé. Who might be a better source for feedback? Please have all your ripped-off friends post their own reviews here so that the thousands of Baja travelers who read Nomad can have a fair and balanced report and decide for themselves to use this mechanic, or not.

Again, thank you so much for your passion and time spent to present your opinion of this business.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 02:23 PM

John, I was just curious on what failed or broke on your Tacoma, as such things are so rare! I know you weren't bashing, nor would I mind, if based on truth... the facts are the facts.

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 03:01 PM

David K, thanks for that good an well balanced post of yours. That`s what I always though: David is a smart guy and always friendly. As you know I knew JRBaja and he was sometimes not friendly with you. But you never lost your manners - like now. (You might remember we talked about JR already)
Unfortunately my relatives are no Nomads and can`t post here. Neither are our friends.
So it is only up to me. The reports about sabotage at Mulegino came in over a long stretch of time and only by coincident. I never was specifically asking about this issue. I had no reason to ask. But as more and more complaints were reported, I was collecting those. They reported what they experienced just besides other things we talked about > by email or on the phone.
But, and maybe that is important, they are more than 6 couples now talking about sabotage at Mulegino. Mostly the men of course. Enough reason for me to consider this as serious.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2016 at 03:08 PM

I had this shop repair a generator on a motorhome. I was parked at Santispac and it was inconvenient to go to the shop so I drove my car in and asked if they would come out. They came out and it was working when the mechanic left. About 2 hours later the generator stopped working. I drove into the shop and it was about closing time. The mechanic said he would come back out after they closed. Not only did the mechanic come but he brought the owner and I believe another relative. They spent about an hour working on it and again got it working. They would not accept payment for the 2nd trip. They had brought 3 people, after hours and for no charge. Some may say it was no big deal since it was a follow up call but for them to come after normal working hours and refusing to even accept money for gas was appreciated etc. Other than the generator I only used them for minor repairs and oil changes but I found them efficient with competitive pricing.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2016 at 02:16 PM

sounds like you did not get the deal figured out in advance....Just sayin....
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2016 at 02:55 PM

and around and around we go.......................
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2016 at 07:35 PM
Mulegino

I have no clue why someone mixes politics with the auto repair shop in Mulege.
Sabotage is a very strong word, keep that in mind.
I do not like people that are afraid to clear their name or gender.
I know mulege for over 40 yrs.
I live all year in Mulege, even in summer for over 14 yrs.
I know Mulegino AV, personally for many years, he has worked on all my 3 cars for long time. has fixed most repairs, an or tried to.
He has helped me out in situations like road service and tow.
Very simple if you do not like the service, do not go back.
And by the way is not a corporation as such, is a family business
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
JC43, thank you for taking the time to report what happened to others you know. Consider it "mission accomplished."

As with all public forums, there will be others who may want to report their findings at the same business. Nothing personal against you.

As with all reviews, the date of the findings is key. As we Baja travelers know, a different employee might treat a customer different, compared to your experience.

Giving businesses that cater to travelers more than one chance is only fair. If the business has a history of doing right by his customers, but on the day the owner is gone and someone else was rude or made a bad taco or left the windshield washer fluid cap off, that should not call for a business boycott.

It is all a matter of weight of reviews... if 10 people have a great experience, but one person was upset because Fox News was on the TV and goes to no end to bad mouth that business... is it really bad for the rest of us? Yelp works well for people that way. I know a great Thai restaurant near here... 10 reviews give it 5 stars and one gave it two and one more described a place that is nothing like the restaurant, as if he clicked on the wrong place to review.

You live in Cabo San Lucas, but Bob (and others) live in or near Mulegé. Who might be a better source for feedback? Please have all your ripped-off friends post their own reviews here so that the thousands of Baja travelers who read Nomad can have a fair and balanced report and decide for themselves to use this mechanic, or not.

Again, thank you so much for your passion and time spent to present your opinion of this business.

First of all, David, I like the way you are writing your posts. Polite and well balanced and no personal attacks - like others do. Thanks so far!;D
David, I have a question for you.
"Consider it as mission accomplished" sounds like `stop the badmouthing´.
If I am correct with that you are wrong. I did not have bashing in mind when I started this thread. Why should I? Personally I do not know that company - I have to admit.
When I left Mulege about 10 years ago moving to CSL, that company was not in existence.
I know the owner by name, but never met him. He is a farmer or rancher, but not a mechanic.
Maybe I should tell you how my `warning´developed.
After moving from Mulege to CSL family members are keeping contact with me by email or telephone. The first complaint about something weird after a repair of his car came from my cousin. After the motor of his car was repaired by Mulegino, several days later the exhaust was blowing. The exhaust was blowing at the connection exhaust and manifold. My cousin did not think about sabotage in the first place just said he has no explanation for that.
There are or could be many reasons for that, I know.
By chance he came to Cabo and we went to an exhaust expert as the exhaust was blowing too much.
Guess what? The mechanic here in Cabo took the connection between manifold and exhaust apart and his finding was that the catalytic converter which is located right after the connection was full of sand.
No or only little airflow into the catalytic converter was causing the problem.
Now, who has any explanation for sand in the exhaust system after a motor repair??
Weeks later, nobody was thinking about that incident anymore my uncle (brother of my mother) reported that problem with the speedo repair and odometer not working after the repair. Coincident: The repair was done at Mulegino!
After many weeks the next talking with my family and by chance he mentioned the incident with the missing lid of the water reservoir / windshield washer.
Only days after that report he told me that he found the spare lid inside the air filter housing.
Anybody around here who has an explanation for the fact how a lid from a water reservoir "walked" into the enclosed air filter housing?????????
> No correct airflow can cause severe damage of the motor , which results in an expensive repair! <
O.K., making this story a little shorter. When there came up other mysteries, all after repairs at Mulegino, we started thinking about sabotage.
At that point I started collecting those incidents in my memory and started asking other relatives and friends about such incidents every time I was talking or emailing to them. And yes, there were more `mysteries´ which where not discussed between us before.
Now, when I started this thread I was not so much thinking about bashing that company. I was thinking as a Nomad warning other Nomads. And maybe travelers reading this board and in need of a repair in the Mulege area.
I was thinking in the sense of another Nomad is posting a warning about a Pemex station not very honest or such things. Again, I don`t know that company as they where not in existence when I left Mulege.
That other Nomads are happy with that company does not exclude our findings of sabotage. Or, those other Nomads just didn`t realize that sabotage was done and thought of a "natural cause" of another technical problem to their car.
And I said it before: Sabotage is not a Mulegino invention. It happens all over Mexico. You just need to be alerted if another technical problems occurs right after a repair.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2016 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
sounds like `stop the badmouthing´.

Not at all, badmouth all you want, but I think you won't gain any more allies by going on. I think the one post got the word out that you and/or your friends were treated poorly.

You do have to wonder how the same business has so many fans here, willing to come to his defense? It reminds me of the Mama Espinoza restaurant reviews... a few complain (expensive, slow, made them sick) and others had no bad experiences).

Anyway, thank you for sharing what you and/or your friends experienced there!

Maybe post the name/ location of an alternative mechanic in Mulegé you do trust?

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.