Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tidiana and family $70 for vasectomy GOAL REACHED
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 08:17 AM

Oh, I had turned it and reloaded it but it still came out sideways. I thought maybe tweeking the sizes vertically and horizontally might be the key?

Very frustrating.

Paranewbi, what a great story. I would like to go to Guatemala one day. Les has been and had some interesting experiences.

I want to help Tidiana and family learn how to fish and not just give them fish. The key for the kids is going to be education.

Story: the other day when I went to print up the family photo to gift Tidiana and the kids, the owner of the print shop asked if I was headed over to their house. Affirmative, I answered. She went to the back and came out with 2 workbooks and asked me to drop them off to Tidiana. Tidiana had told her she wants to learn how to read. These were workbooks her elementary school aged child could do with Tidiana.

Everyone in town helps with food for the family and odd jobs for Dad. I want them to be in a real house. I don't want the kids to be bullied because they live at the dump. My brain is still figuring out the best way to be able to help this come about.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 08:53 AM

Hopefully enough people will come along to make your dream a reality. Several years ago my wife and I decided we have enough and started gifting to a needy family/person what we would have spent on each other for gifts, we really enjoy it. I'm not religious but Karma is a good thing.
Maybe you can find a cheap lot in the area and take some donations to get them started? I will be the first to put in a $100 if someone wants to match it? I'm sure we could find a trailer free or cheap some place in Baja? That might be a good start until something could be built? Keep up the good work.
When I retire in two years I would be happy to come and volunteer for a couple of weeks to help build something?

[Edited on 2-23-2020 by advrider]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 09:13 AM

Hi Blanca, I just copied your sideways image, and rotated it, checked it in Preview Post... It took a couple tries. Try saving the image from my post and then post it here? See if it remains vertical.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Hopefully enough people will come along to make your dream a reality. Several years ago my wife and I decided we have enough and started gifting to a needy family/person what we would have spent on each other for gifts, we really enjoy it. I'm not religious but Karma is a good thing.
Maybe you can find a cheap lot in the area and take some donations to get them started? I will be the first to put in a $100 if someone wants to match it? I'm sure we could find a trailer free or cheap some place in Baja? That might be a good start until something could be built? Keep up the good work.
When I retire in two years I would be happy to come and volunteer for a couple of weeks to help build something?

[Edited on 2-23-2020 by advrider]

I'm in for a match of advrider if you get it together Blanca. Stable shelter for the kids will be the greatest advantage to lifting them out of their current position.

[Edited on 2-23-2020 by paranewbi]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.