Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Just pulled the trigger on our first Baja trip since Jan 2020
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Loreto isn't different. You can fly there. Hotels are open.

Why won't you answer Lee's question ?

Afraid?

This one? "I get the impression you're trying to provoke people here. Why?"

Why answer an 'impression' (or declaration) that JZ is something he isn't or doesn't see himself as being? Just because Lee has an impression...that's all it is.

Lot's of folks are probably of the mind that you play that game.

Why respond to JZ's posts at all if you are of a different mind about what he's doing? Are you so self centered that your opinion would change his mind? Where have you seen that anything someone posts about JZ's self determination is changed by others 'impressions', opinions, etc. ? Your snide "afraid?" remark is just a provocation.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Easy for you to say living up there on the frozen tundra while your gov takes care of you. ...

Cheap shot....the gov't isn't taking care of me, other than recommending no non-essential travel, distancing protocols, etc. The Canadian and US gov's have both provide different forms of financial supports to some citizens....and I have not received any such funding.

Oh, the "tundra" is a region a bit north of most of Canada....but I get the reference :biggrin:

Still waiting for the Jizz to respond to Lee's query ...:?:

Don't believe everything you think....
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

.... impression...that's all it is.

Lot's of folks are probably of the mind that you play that game.

... and that's your impression ? :biggrin:

an imaginary poll?

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:16 AM

Easy for you to say living up there on the frozen tundra while your gov takes care of you. ...

Cheap shot....the gov't isn't taking care of me, other than recommending no non-essential travel, distancing protocols, etc. The Canadian and US gov's have both provide different forms of financial supports to some citizens....and I have not received any such funding.

Oh, the "tundra" is a region a bit north of most of Canada....but I get the reference :biggrin:

Still waiting for the Jizz to respond to Lee's query ...:?:

I didn´t mean you personally. I meant the general citizens and businesses. Even the USA helped people for awhile. Down here not at all.

ps I say that "tundra" remark to my Canadian friends and they always laugh. Most live in BC and Alberta.

[Edited on 8-26-2020 by chippy]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

And sturgis has what to do with Baja? It looked to me like sturgis was a bunch of wanna be bikers that were not following any of the covid protocols.
Down here they are following the protocols in stores, restaurants,hotels ect. It´s the nuevo normalidad and will be for awhile.

Sturgis was an example of folks following personal desires rather than epidemic risk management....unfortunate you didn't get that.

Sounds to me like Chippy got it. :?:

wanna be bikers?:lol:

well I was referring to "that were not following any of the covid protocols." ;)

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:32 AM

Why respond to JZ's posts at all if you are of a different mind about what he's doing? Are you so self centered that your opinion would change his mind? Where have you seen that anything someone posts about JZ's self determination is changed by others 'impressions', opinions, etc. ? Your snide "afraid?" remark is just a provocation.

I respond to Jizz's comments that I consider to be unadulterated BS....and have told him that.

I see his "self-determination" as rancid selfishness....calling him out is "good trouble".

And his "afraid" recurring comments are not snide or provocations (as Lee recognized)?

My views probably won't change your tune either.....but some guys couldn't carry a note with a shovel.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 10:55 AM

ps I say that "tundra" remark to my Canadian friends and they always laugh. Most live in BC and Alberta.

:lol: :lol:

I have often posted here referring to Canada as the frozen wastelands....just to keep the myth rolling that Canada is a backwater chithole country.... ;)

On a different note, I am sorry to see the USA going through the current reckoning....social upheaval on such a large and broad scale.

Revolutions are like that....messy undertakings. The Covid factor adds to the social storm.

Be smart and safe:light:

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 11:14 AM

I have often posted here referring to Canada as the frozen wastelands....just to keep the myth rolling that Canada is a backwater chithole country.... ;)

If Benjamin Franklin's mission had succeeded in 1776, you'd actually be part of a real chithole country now, like the rest of us.

John

[Edited on 8-26-2020 by John Harper]
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 11:39 AM

John,
Benny was a prolific kinda guy....believed in science, was a vegetarian, and just "shacked up" rather than formally marrying....among a long list of other attributes.

In his time, the "frozen tundra" was not Canada, but a British Colony (....as was what is now USA was also a British colony .... and it was the British troops that later burned down the White House in DC in war of 1812....not "Canadians" :light: ... seems trump has taken that on these days :biggrin:).

Those were the days....eh?!

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 12:21 PM

People are gonna do what they want to do. You do you, boo, as my kids would say. My husband and I have gone on a couple of fly fishing trips here, a camping trip (on a canibus farm no less). We are glamping and fly fishing right after Labor Day in Trinity Alps, then heading to Portland. Steelhead fishing the Klamath River mid October. We bring all our own food on these trips and socially distance. There are things that are just fine to do: we walked through the botanical gardens and hiked to the light house in the Ft. Bragg area. We don't feel comfortable in bars and restaurants. It IS possible to travel safely. Hotels keep a deep cleaned room empty for a day or so. Bring hand sanitizer and hand soap and you're good to go.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 12:32 PM

John,
Benny was a prolific kinda guy....believed in science, was a vegetarian, and just "shacked up" rather than formally marrying....among a long list of other attributes.

In his time, the "frozen tundra" was not Canada, but a British Colony (....as was what is now USA was also a British colony .... and it was the British troops that later burned down the White House in DC in war of 1812....not "Canadians" :light: ... seems trump has taken that on these days :biggrin:).

Those were the days....eh?!

Yep, and those Brits had their b-hind handed to them just as those guys who attacked pearl and the ones who attacked the towers.

We don't look north for inspiration politically, militarily, or financially, either. I'm not really sure anyone does. You do have nice trees though.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
People are gonna do what they want to do. You do you, boo, as my kids would say. My husband and I have gone on a couple of fly fishing trips here, a camping trip (on a canibus farm no less). We are glamping and fly fishing right after Labor Day in Trinity Alps, then heading to Portland. Steelhead fishing the Klamath River mid October. We bring all our own food on these trips and socially distance. There are things that are just fine to do: we walked through the botanical gardens and hiked to the light house in the Ft. Bragg area. We don't feel comfortable in bars and restaurants. It IS possible to travel safely. Hotels keep a deep cleaned room empty for a day or so. Bring hand sanitizer and hand soap and you're good to go.

I agree but its the weekend crowd that just can't seem to live without that damn taco! I applaud the decision to throttle back open lanes on weekends, if a 6-8 hour wait doesn't deter these folks I don't know what will? of course JMO :D
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 01:14 PM

We don't look north for inspiration politically, militarily, or financially, either. I'm not really sure anyone does. You do have nice trees though.

"We"?

Please speak for yourself.

[Edited on 8-26-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 01:17 PM

The brave Canadians of the RCAF, who joined the British RAF, and fought the Battle of Britain in 1940 did not need inspiration from the United States, either.

My dad's good friend (US citizen) joined the RCAF in 1939 and also flew in the BoB.

The US people were fairly isolationist until December 8, 1941.

John
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

I agree but its the weekend crowd that just can't seem to live without that damn taco! I applaud the decision to throttle back open lanes on weekends, if a 6-8 hour wait doesn't deter these folks I don't know what will? of course JMO :D

I hear you - that's not our idea on Baja anyway, though it was 30+ years ago when we first met. My boss had a place in the little community just north of Rosarito Beach. We would go weekends the house wasn't in use (Let's just say my first two kids have tee shirt that say Hecho en Mexico). But those days are long behind us. We like driving down to BCS and staying in mi suegro's house.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say.

He doesn't care :rolleyes:

as a resident I'll happily render my opinion....stay the f home....but if you're going to come be sure to publish your flight information on the WWW.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I will be interested to see what Loreto peeps say.

He doesn't care :rolleyes:

as a resident I'll happily render my opinion....stay the f home....but if you're going to come be sure to publish your flight information on the WWW.

But would the restaurant owners, store owners, motel owners, fishing charter captains say?

This is a balancing act. Healthy public vs healthy economy. A responsible traveler can minimize the risk to public health and keep the tourist economy alive.

JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

But would the restaurant owners, store owners, motel owners, fishing charter captains say?

This is a balancing act. Healthy public vs healthy economy. A responsible traveler can minimize the risk to public health and keep the tourist economy alive.

You are speaking like a reasonable person.

They don't live in that world.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

The brave Canadians of the RCAF, who joined the British RAF, and fought the Battle of Britain in 1940 did not need inspiration from the United States, either.

My dad's good friend (US citizen) joined the RCAF in 1939 and also flew in the BoB.

The US people were fairly isolationist until December 8, 1941.

John

The Lend Lease Act didn't hurt either.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2020 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Loreto isn't different. You can fly there. Hotels are open.

Why won't you answer Lee's question ?

Afraid?

Certainly you must have noticed by now. It is obvious JZ doesn’t waste a lot of time exchanging insults and using up bandwidth on meaningless digital noise and is not baited into it. Relax and enjoy some of the nice videos and photography from his travels he often shares.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.