BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: More PROFEPA raids/citations ?
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:07 AM

Yes, I think another way (better?) to phrase it is that the distance from the high tide line must be horizontal (flat), to count. Any advancement on an incline must be subtracted.

Mas o menos, that's the way it works.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:20 AM

por supuesto

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Yes, I think another way (better?) to phrase it is that the distance from the high tide line must be horizontal (flat), to count.

por supuesto

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:33 AM

Larry, thanks for clearing up my post -- the guy had a transit, not a transom. That wasn't a tipo, just dumb old me. Actually I think the guy was using a theodolite (hope that's a telescope, not a religious fanatic).
A. The reason I was interested was that he was a couple hundred meters from the shoreline/marker placement -- the shot he took would just be a wasted snapshot during the inexorable changing of the water's depth, the adding or subtracting of sandy bottom about 30 feet out from the shoreline.
B. Since our Co op got the shore concession 8 years ago, storms have added almost 200 meter seaward from the markers so while the markers now indicate where the ejido sold all the inshore land, we have the concession rights to one kilometer of all new beach, new sand. It is the fishing fleet launch/haul place for this little town so it means everything to us. When they start building the hotel/marinas in November I'll report how it impacts the zona maritima, our concession, our beach.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:46 AM

Osprey et al,

Most likely, the surveyor was set up on a previous control point.
He was remeasuring water depth (positive or negative) from the known points that had been checked last time the survey was done.
He would then locate the new high water line and show both in a comparative survey.
Is it possible that the water line moved in enough to put the old high tide line into the water ?

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:50 AM

Nope, just the other way around -- bizzillions of tons of new sand stolen from other beaches or dredged up and moved inshore by winter winds.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 09:12 AM
That Mean Old Tide.

The Standard for establishing Boundaries is usually MEAN High tide which is established as an average over a specific 19 year period. A one-time survey shouldn't establish a new line, but it is Mexico. Who knows what standards they use at any given moment. It is what they say it is.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 09:28 AM

I came across this:http://www.profepa.gob.mx/PROFEPA/ComunicacionSocial/BoletinesdeMedios/CP+081-07.htm

bacquito
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 10:02 AM
OK, But ?

It only states the purpose behind the program which is to identify non-conforming development. Didn't we already know that ?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 10:14 AM

Looks like the Mexican government has figured out a way to make money off of landowners as a result of any global warming that increases the level of the oceans. :biggrin:

This is just so bogus if there is no publicly codified criteria for defining and determining just what is the limit of the federal zone. IT HAS TO BE WRITTEN SOMEWHERE........

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 10:23 AM

So much for drawing lines in the sand eh?

Is this a Mexican sandoff?

Sorry, couldn't stop myself

Iflyfish
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 11:15 AM

Drawing lines in the sand and Mexican Stand off Rich!:tumble:

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
This is just so bogus if there is no publicly codified criteria for defining and determining just what is the limit of the federal zone. IT HAS TO BE WRITTEN SOMEWHERE........

I am more than certain that it is codified quite accurately somewhere. So what? To paraphrase - "all rules/laws are local" :lol::lol:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 11:33 AM

that's it... right on the head...

inspectors walk on the beach

look for a high tide mark
and
measure....

their word is final:lol:

care to argue??? prepare for punishment:lol:

moral: build several feet off the federal zone if possible

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 11:34 AM

I'm thinking that beach erosion comes to play in this issue.:) One bad storm can chew up a lot of beach and everything on it.:tumble: You could call it sea versus land. :spingrin: "Castles built on sand will tumble into the sea." Who said that? :O
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
inspectors walk on the beach

look for a high tide mark
and
measure....

their word is final:lol:

Yes, my Mexican friend decided he was going to argue. The markers Profepa were patently wrong. The outcome? 3+ years of arguing, and in the end he had to take the buildings down anyway. :o
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:
Originally posted by Hook

I am more than certain that it is codified quite accurately somewhere. So what? To paraphrase - "all rules/laws are local" :lol::lol:

True, and not just in Mexico. As I once was told by a US Customs inspector "I make the rules" when I explained to him what I read on the .gov website. It had to do with medications I was bringing back to the US.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 01:56 PM

"you catch more flies with honey than vinagar"

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 02:01 PM
But..............

They're also crazy about Scheisse.

Who wants to catch Flies. anyway ?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 02:27 PM

How does one get a confirmation of the mean high tide, which is predicated on a 19 year mean, when it appears no historical records exist? Records for the general area maybe but not for your specific lot?

Can't you just hear someone saying well will get started now and will talk to you in 19 years. :lol::lol::O
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.