[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Just take the free road.

Good advice... and, At least there are plenty of people around! Bob H
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 01:00 PM

I am just saying that for all the times we've had trouble and it as well known who did the crime as it occurred moments earlier in front of everyone, when the perp runs, the police never give chase sincerely, they fake it sure, they like to pretend with fake security nets, huff huff, but in most cases they arrest the victim or someone poor incorrectly on purpose and let them go the next day as opposed to the actual guy, who might actually be a scary person.

Who cares, I am just saying, Where's CSI Baja when you need. For a land full of biologists and scientists we have very no crime scene investigators. Give me Animal Planet Vet investigators on the scene. Someone? We need some good cops down here. It starts from the top down.

If Calderon, Agundez and the other Politiocs don't want a clean Baja aint 'nothin we can do about it except run scared. Calderon, he doesn't care about Baja except for his personal holdings. He made a play for sympathy early and pulled out the troops, argh!

I guess we could hire the recently fired Blackwater Iraqi private security to patrol and shoot up TJ. Cabrons!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 01:10 PM

Ferna,

Do you advise taking the free road because of more traffic? More locals, less Gringos?

Also, someone here mentioned Tom being shot, don't forget, Raqueal was killed, .......... not on the toll road, but..............

How rude of me! I forgot to thank Keri for the heads-up!

THANKS GIRLFRIEND!

[Edited on 9-19-2007 by Debra]

Mean people suck!
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Do you actually mean that if I were to shoot or kidnap someone and the police followed me to my house, they would have to ask my permission to enter? the police would have to contact the landlord before entering?

That is correct it would be "Allanamiento de Morada" and it is illegal and the police could go to jail for doing so http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allanamiento_de_morada
They would have to get a court "Judges"order in order to enter "Orden de Cateo". There has recently been intents to legislate to the contrary but only during extreme cases. That is why I have also stated that you do't have to get out of your car for a cop and they can not take your car from you "Illegal".

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Ferna,

Do you advise taking the free road because of more traffic? More locals, less Gringos?

Also, someone here mentioned Tom being shot, don't forget, Raqueal was killed, .......... not on the toll road, but..............

[Edited on 9-19-2007 by Debra]

That happened in the Cataviņa area and was'nt it an ex-employee that knew theire routine?
I am talking about the Border to Rosarito

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Ferna,

Yes but not the gringo part as most residents take the free road gringo or chino or ruso.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 04:10 PM
wasn't there a story.....

awhile back about the road along the border fence and up until the toll booth supposedly being a "no pull over zone - let the gringo go" area? if that is the case, just stand on the accelerator until you hit the toll booth. hopefully, the punks will bail at the turn to playas.

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
awhile back about the road along the border fence and up until the toll booth supposedly being a "no pull over zone - let the gringo go" area? if that is the case, just stand on the accelerator until you hit the toll booth. hopefully, the punks will bail at the turn to playas.

Yes but even the real cops still hit the gringos up for mordida here; at least as of 8/18/07....Next time :rolleyes: I think Ill play it safe and go to the toll booth though.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 04:27 PM

how do you think the (real) cops will react if you don't pull over? it is a catch 22 either way, i think!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
I have often seen cars with police lights that do not appear to be real cops, and I have had these cars try to pull ahead and in crappy crown victorias and granadas in the old days and pull me over, but I don't let them. I swerve and speed when they try to be aggressive. And I travel in tight groups with radios and phones.

Often? How many times? Your story sounds like BS.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 06:47 PM

mtgoat666, I don't know what they are doing there on the cuotas. But it is the truth. I have experienced something apparently like a car jacking but I have not lost, yet. I used to always cross early like 3:30-5:00am at the advice of others more experienced than I. Now I arrive in the day light hours. Its something I plan and think about and worry about. I can recall three times over the last few years when something weird happened on the toll road. I even took photos, I often have cameras attachred, ready on to chronologize my trip. But its just a glare of lights because of the flashing lights. This crappy car will be on the side, you pass, they pull out with a puff of smokey exhaust, the flashing lights come on, but you know it's not a cop. You go slow, they pull up swerving and you know its not a cop, so you drive defensively. I have a very big car, 7000 lbs so I don't let them pass I sped up to the next toll booth and they are not behind. Once I drove very slow and when the pulled behind with the lights I kept going slow but didn't pull over and they pulled away. Now I am more aggressive.

I really don't know what the hell is happening half the time in Baja but it seems like it was an attempted car jack. I have also had thieves in the road throw huge bolders at the car and smash the windows including the windshield which made glass go in our beers and our faces but we kept going and survived that too. Nor did I get mad. I kept going and it worked out fine.

I have more stories and they're true. I have had bad cops smash me in the chest with guns and tell me I would loose everything if I didn't pay 5000 dollars then they threw me in jail, I didn't pat and then let me go. I bet I'm not different from the others here.

Maybe that's the fun part, Hard to know for sure unless you've never had so much fun, then you miss it I guess.

I shoot and keep photos and video chronologically daily, its a journal for almost ten years now. Here is one indicative shots of my effort though not representative of the coutas, here I am hanging back from my buddy Jay Valentine in TJ who many of you may know, and then I drove up slowly with brights on and the guys took off.

I have improved since then with setting the cameras for shooting and driving at night. They are blurry at times. Anyway, I have some conclusions about safety which I'll share here in a more organized form only with the desire to have fun and stay safe.

http://vps.ooto.com/borderdrive1024/pages/P1011227.htm

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by gnukid]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
mtgoat666, I don't know what they are doing there on the cuotas. But it is the truth. I have experienced something apparently like a car jacking but I have not lost, yet. I used to always cross early like 3:30-5:00am at the advice of others more experienced than I. Now I arrive in the day light hours. Its something I plan and think about and worry about. I can recall three times over the last few years when something weird happened on the toll road. I even took photos, I often have cameras attachred, ready on to chronologize my trip. But its just a glare of lights because of the flashing lights. This crappy car will be on the side, you pass, they pull out with a puff of smokey exhaust, the flashing lights come on, but you know it's not a cop. You go slow, they pull up swerving and you know its not a cop, so you drive defensively. I have a very big car, 7000 lbs so I don't let them pass I sped up to the next toll booth and they are not behind. Once I drove very slow and when the pulled behind with the lights I kept going slow but didn't pull over and they pulled away. Now I am more aggressive.

I really don't know what the hell is happening half the time in Baja but it seems like it was an attempted car jack. I have also had thieves in the road throw huge bolders at the car and smash the windows including the windshield which made glass go in our beers and our faces but we kept going and survived that too. Nor did I get mad. I kept going and it worked out fine.

I have more stories and they're true. I have had bad cops smash me in the chest with guns and tell me I would loose everything if I didn't pay 5000 dollars then they threw me in jail, I didn't pat and then let me go. I bet I'm not different from the others here.

Maybe that's the fun part, Hard to know for sure unless you've never had so much fun, then you miss it I guess.

I shoot and keep photos and video chronologically daily, its a journal for almost ten years now. Here is one indicative shots of my effort though not representative of the coutas, here I am hanging back from my buddy Jay Valentine in TJ who many of you may know, and then I drove up slowly with brights on and the guys took off.

I have improved since then with setting the cameras for shooting and driving at night. They are blurry at times. Anyway, I have some conclusions about safety which I'll share here in a more organized form only with the desire to have fun and stay safe.

http://vps.ooto.com/borderdrive1024/pages/P1011227.htm

don't drink and drive.
and don't drive at nite.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 07:35 PM

Quote:

I have also had thieves in the road throw huge bolders at the car and smash the windows including the windshield which made glass go in our beers and our faces but we kept going and survived that too. Nor did I get mad. I kept going and it worked out fine.

grace under pressure...............:light:

Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 09:35 PM

I like how some of you guys itemize and number your lists of you said I said when you're arguing. I need to start doing that with my wife :spingrin:
True of not I know one thing for sure as we are leaving soon on an extended trip, I WILL NOT STOP FOR ANY CAR THAT DOESN'T HAVE FLASHING LIGHTS ON THE ROOF untill I'm to someplace where there are other people. If it turns out to be a real cop then I will start explaining why I did that and he can fine me extra if he wants and of course I will offer to happily pay the fines at the appropriate station or courthouse :saint:
This is all really turning into a bunch of dung. Mexico is going to turn all these resort and condo areas into ghost towns if they don't do something.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-19-2007 at 10:20 PM

This is to well organized to be anything, but Cops...cannot prove it, but would bet on it.
When are these realtors going to flush their brains out and realize by keeping their mouth shut they may be sealing the fate of someone that has not got the warning...I cannot imagine someone so self serving. How can you feel sorry for someone that want to help the bandits and keep it quite, so they can hook a sale. I for one hope that lighting strikes twice in the place.
The person I would contact is Trump...he has a lot to lose and may have enough contacts to stir the cop pot...matters not, they are guilty or not.
Would not take a smart person to figure where they setup at and a few trips by the military, would net a couple of cars with fake lights and a lot of guys with guns sitting along a road.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 01:20 AM

Quote:
If Calderon, Agundez and the other Politiocs don't want a clean Baja aint 'nothin we can do about it except run scared. Calderon, he doesn't care about Baja except for his personal holdings. He made a play for sympathy early and pulled out the troops, argh!...

Baja:Mexico
Alaska:Lower 48

I don't think the main problem is that they don't care; they just have more immediate and local stuff to worry about.

i.e. Pipelines blowing up in Veracruz, Marxist rebels taking over entire cities in Chiapas and Oaxaca, police being assassinated in Acapulco, Juarez, TJ, and DF, out of control crime in DF(Mexico City), etc.. etc..

Baja (north and south) has a pretty low population compared to the rest of Mexico and the only major problem area is TJ. So its not a priority when you lump it in with all the other problems Mexico has. For the most part, Baja is safe and unpopulated.

Sure, tourism is important; but, as far as tourism goes, Mexico makes more money off throngs of gringos in Cancun, PV, Acapulco, Mazatlan, Cabo, etc. than they do from a few gringos camping in an RV's on remote beachs in Baja.

Sure the condos, and the beach front homes, and all the other problems in Baja..

They care; but, they currently have all ten fingers and a few toes stuck in the dam in Central Mexico where 95% of their voters (the people they are elected to serve) live.

Here is a map of the population density of Mexico. The only reason BCN has the number of people it does is because of Mexicali and TJ; otherwise, its empty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mexico_estados_densidad.png

Just my 2 pesos.

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by Mango]
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 06:56 AM

Mango, I agree. The peninsula is composed of the "forgotten states". The mainland, especially Mexico City is the center of attention. What's the population there, 20 million or so? And basic services are woefully short.

But, I've read that TJ is the fastest growing city of consequence in Mexico and the Mayor, Governor, and Calderon are all PAN. Of course I'm hoping some spare change is thrown this way.

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by oldhippie]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
The peninsula is composed of the "forgotten states".

Baja is referred to as "The Provinces" by mainlanders, especially DF.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 08:01 AM

I have Chilango neighbors, recent transferees sent to the outback to manage new businesses, staff new hospitals, and teach. They seem to stick together. Pretty wives though and great little kids. There's a gang of little boys that play in the park that love my dogs. I'm teaching "Eric" the leader of the pack the wolf whistle. ;D
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
If Calderon, Agundez and the other Politiocs don't want a clean Baja aint 'nothin we can do about it except run scared. Calderon, he doesn't care about Baja except for his personal holdings. He made a play for sympathy early and pulled out the troops, argh!

I guess we could hire the recently fired Blackwater Iraqi private security to patrol and shoot up TJ. Cabrons!

Sorry, I have to ask; What does Agundez and the other Politiocs have to do with Tijuana?

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.