Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: New immigration rules
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 11-15-2012 at 08:10 PM

They did in Rosarito yesterday!! I did the paper work for my Residente Temporal, the old FM3.. I was renewing my existing FM3. as I had an existing card it was easy. No longer needed was bank and utility statements. Just filled out a form with a stated amount of monthly income. Nothing else. I use an agent in Rosarito who explained that for new applicants it is very different, and maybe changing a little after some time passes. Bottom line is do not let your current FM3 expire or your life will change.....But the fees posted in the previous post were used. And you can get one good for 4 years if you pay up front, and you get a healthy discount from the yearly fee.

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2012 at 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Riom
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid

There is a qualification point system which is described for each option, qualification points are defined for income level, investment level (home value), ability to speak Spanish, knowledge of history, professional level (computer or biological scientist), significnt relationship with a Mexican such as living with girlfriend/boyfriend or marriage and children.

Do you have a reference in DOF or elsewhere for the full details of the points system? In Spanish is fine. I wasn't able to spot it yet in the big batch of procedures released on the 8th (apart from the checklists for each tramite). Thanks!

Rob

From the english regulations version via your site:

CHAPTER TWO POINTS SYSTEM Article 124. The point system for foreigners to acquire the residence permanently, establish selection criteria to attract foreign investors or people with high competence in areas such as science, technology, sports, humanities and arts or those to strengthen and promote the development and competitiveness in the country. Article 125. The selection criteria may include, among others, the following categories:
I. II. III. IV. V. VI. VII. VIII. The Secretariat established by general administrative provisions to be published in the Official Journal of the Federation, the categories, the weighting of points corresponding to each category, and the minimum score required to enter through this route.
Educational level; Work experience in areas of interest to the country that have high demand and low supply; Work experience in other areas; Investor; Skills in science and technology;
Acknowledgments and international awards; Proficiency Spanish and Understanding Mexican culture.
The Secretariat in conjunction with the agencies it deems appropriate, review the points system every three years, and if published in the Official Journal of the Federation, the addition, modification or removal of categories, the weighting of points corresponding to each one of them, and the minimum scores and other information it considers relevant.
Article 126. A foreigner who wishes to enter the country through the system of points must apply for visa at the consular office, the format must be attached to duly completed and prequalification documents proving they meet the categories.

If you read this carefully, you should be able to waltz in the consulate with your Mexican concubine, an old bowling trophy and a college sweatshirt and say, Si Gano! And then they will give you Permanent Resident Status.

[Edited on 11-16-2012 by gnukid]
Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2012 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Article 125. The selection criteria may include, among others, the following categories:
I. II. III. IV. V. VI. VII. VIII. The Secretariat established by general administrative provisions to be published in the Official Journal of the Federation, the categories, the weighting of points corresponding to each category, and the minimum score required to enter through this route.

This is the key bit: the points and their weighting and the minimum score have not yet been published in DOF, as far as I can tell.

The points system will be mainly useful to those who can't qualify under one of the "wealthy" routes such as plenty of overseas income, good assets, or home ownership (or via 4 years temporary residence).

In other words, it's designed more for family reunion and young skilled workers, rather than "rich Americans" (who have the various money routes). Still, if/when the point values get published it may help those who have plenty of connections to Mexico but not enough money.

Rob

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-16-2012 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
They did in Rosarito yesterday!! I did the paper work for my Residente Temporal, the old FM3.. I was renewing my existing FM3. as I had an existing card it was easy. No longer needed was bank and utility statements. Just filled out a form with a stated amount of monthly income. Nothing else. I use an agent in Rosarito who explained that for new applicants it is very different, and maybe changing a little after some time passes. Bottom line is do not let your current FM3 expire or your life will change.....But the fees posted in the previous post were used. And you can get one good for 4 years if you pay up front, and you get a healthy discount from the yearly fee.

How many years of FM-3 had you had, prior to applying for your latest one? How many years did you apply for for this Residente Temporal?

Terry28
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 11:34 AM

Hook,

I was on my second FM3...The first renewal was this month..I have had an FM3 for 4 years previous but for some stupid reason I let it expire, for 3 years, and paid a hefty fine last year when I had it reinstated. This time I paid for 2 years as I wanted to wait and see if it changed. But as I said if you had an existing card it was very easy...expensive, but easy....

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 12:45 PM

How expensive?
Terry28
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 10:32 AM

The costs are posted on page one of this thread...

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.