Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Residente Permanente Info
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 03:20 PM

Over here in Guaymas, my wife has had to show NO financials as she transitions from her fourth completed year of FM3 Lucrativo to a Resident Permanente.

Me, with my two completed years of FM3, has had to show OFFICIALLY TRANSLATED copies (copies run through Google translator are not acceptable, go figure) for six months of income.

Yet, there is some indication that persons who have never had anything but a "tourist visa" can apply directly for a Res. Permanente through a Mex consulate and use financials to go immediately to this status.

It's just the usual &%&#@! up situation with INM..............

Two years to get it together after publication and it's like the new laws were written last week and no INM office has had a chance to look at them. :rolleyes:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 03:47 PM

This issue has lost it's humorous edge a long time ago.
Has anyone applying for Perm Res been asked for fotos? I asked my agent about them when he was telling me what I needed and I got no answer. I took that as an, "I don't know."
I mean....does the gawwwdammm card have a foto on it?
Scorpimon
Junior Nomad

Mood: Irie

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 05:25 PM

Dennis

As for a photo being on the Permanent Resident card, I would say yes. I have done the preliminary part at the Mexican Consulate in Colorado and the Visa applied to my US passport includes my picture, which I provided and they also took one while in the office. The actual Permanent Resident card should be the same since I am required to again submit color photos, front and right profile, 2.5 x 3 cm in size. This is per Jefe del Departamento de Tramite y Archivo Migratorio at INM in Cabo San Lucas.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpimon
Dennis

As for a photo being on the Permanent Resident card, I would say yes. I have done the preliminary part at the Mexican Consulate in Colorado and the Visa applied to my US passport includes my picture, which I provided and they also took one while in the office. The actual Permanent Resident card should be the same since I am required to again submit color photos, front and right profile, 2.5 x 3 cm in size. This is per Jefe del Departamento de Tramite y Archivo Migratorio at INM in Cabo San Lucas.

OK...thanks for that. I think I'll just go down and have them made as to your specs.
Thanks again.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 05:59 PM
Get another one

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpimon
Dennis

OK...thanks for that. I think I'll just go down and have them made as to your specs.
Thanks again.

Of the back of your head and tape it to the back of the card....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Of the back of your head and tape it to the back of the card....

:lol::lol: Why not?
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2012 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Has anyone applying for Perm Res been asked for fotos?

Yes.

As mentioned (by scorp), front and right profile.

[Edited on 12-7-2012 by Wally]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Quote:
Has anyone applying for Perm Res been asked for fotos?

Yes.

As mentioned (by scorp), front and right profile.

Thank you both. I went to a foto studio in Maneadero this AM, but forgot the size. [2.5x3.0]

I'll try again tomorrow.
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 01:20 PM

Interesting tidbit from the 12/3 GG immigration cover story:

You, as a foreigner in Mexico, will now be required to produce proof of your immigration status to immigration officials and the federal police whenever and wherever they request it. They are not required to show probable cause to suspect you are a foreigner, all they have to do is look at your skin and be of the opinion that it’s too white to be Mexican.

Which brings up a question. What happens if someone wants to see proof if you are in the middle of a renewal? They took my Imigrante card.

[Edited on 12-9-2012 by Wally]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WallyInteresting tidbit from the 12/3 GG immigration cover story:

You, as a foreigner in Mexico, will now be required to produce proof of your immigration status to immigration officials and the federal police whenever and wherever they request it. They are not required to show probable cause to suspect you are a foreigner, all they have to do is look at your skin and be of the opinion that it’s too white to be Mexican.

And they cried about decisions in Arizona.

Quote:

Which brings up a question. What happens if someone wants to see proof if you are in the middle of a renewal? They took my Imigrante card.

Too bad you didn't make copies of it, but you'll probably get the new card soon enough. Just hide under your bed till your agent calls you. You sure don't want to be in the middle of a boxcar with the other deportees. :lol:

[Edited on 12-9-2012 by DENNIS]
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 03:53 PM
See, this is the sort of crap thatcares hell out of me now.

Since Mexicans have figured out computers and thier ability to store tons of information to make life hell, (As we do for for them), I am fearful to open my big mouth and put a dust covered foot into it as I can easily do. NO COMMENTS NEEDED from the peanut gallery, thank=you.

Used to be, I could play in Baja, months at a time, everybody knew me, even the federalies who woukl stop by my fire for a beer. No problemas ever. I was just the Americana ditz with a pen.

Now, on my weekly journeys dropping my life 'stuff' to Rosarito, I am seeing dozens of dark corners to be wary of.
Everybody in the states keeps warning me to fear the drug runners and dealers, the gangsters etc. Hell, "I ain't afraid of no stinkin drug runner or dealer, I'll b-tch slap them ta dust", but the computerized clerks, in Govt. offices? THEY scare living hell out of me!

I'm heading south of the border again on Monday. Rosarito.Any advice? traffic? Speed zones? rabid, P.M.S.'ers?
I'm happy for any help these days.

I have been absent from the board and friends A LOT more than I would like right now, but, life is keeping me...very occupied lately.

Lol...I think most remember why....

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Amigo's. I missed the booksigning, WITH SERIOUS REGRET, but, I'm looking forward to focusing on times when I have, 'Nothing better to do', than plan, or go to events, that will bring us all together.

Hmmm...
Anybody thinking ofd 12-21-2012?

REALLY CURIOUS.
BIG HUGS,
M

It's a big pain to be SO ignorant now, of a place I once knew like the back of my hand. New laws, new Presidents, new drugs, new rules,
Sigh.
Begin again. Si. Again.

Looking for new adventures now; Always...
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 05:17 PM

As Mexico changes, so we change too. How is this a problem?

Get legal, stay legal. That especially applies to the white folks out there.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Get legal, stay legal. That especially applies to the white folks out there.

Yeah. You Whiteys out there....behave yourselves or Mexico will pack you all in a boxcar that looks like a loaf of Webers and ship you outta here to where you belong. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 06:39 PM

I don't think there are many illigal gringos in Mex. (not like the numbers of illigal Mexicans in the US or Canada) It has been pretty simple to be here with the Tourist visa or FM's and not as costly as they are making it now in the new system. This time around they are asking for people going underground; the expense, the invasion of privacy (showing your net-worth in realestate and income, who says that stays confidential?) And the hassle to go through while it all just changed less tghen 2 years ago to apply for FMs. They are absolutley out of their mind and careless, abusive and demoralizing for gringos.

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Leo]

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2012 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo
I don't think there are many illigal gringos in Mex. (not like the numbers of illigal Mexicans in the US or Canada)

I don't know, Leo. That's probably the way it is down in your area, but up north here, there's a lot of them.
Anyway, in the past, no one ever bothered them. Don't know if or how that might change.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo
They are absolutley out of their mind and careless, abusive and STUPID.

..and after those remarks they will for sure be looking for you in Todos Santos :lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally

You will be issued a sheet of paper that acts as a temporary and will allow you to go in and out of the country as well. I just got mine this AM as they accepted what I had for my two year Temporal. Now the wait begins.

BTW, the Guaymas office is closing for Xmas THIS FRIDAY!!!!! That's eleven days before Xmas; by far the earliest the office has ever closed. Last year it was something like the 22nd.

What are you hearing from other offices?? What closure date?

Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2012 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
BTW, the Guaymas office is closing for Xmas THIS FRIDAY!!!!! That's eleven days before Xmas; by far the earliest the office has ever closed. Last year it was something like the 22nd.

What are you hearing from other offices?? What closure date?

The San Felipe INM Immigration office will be closed from Wednesday 19th December 2012 to Tuesday Jan 1st 2013 inclusive.

In other words, the last day they are open before the break is Tuesday 18th December, and they will be back open for business on Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013.

Source: INM official in the San Felipe office told me, last Thursday.

This is actually a bit shorter than last year. The closing dates are given in the law so shouldn't change by area, unless the boss has a fishing trip planned. :-)

Rob

[Edited on 2012-12-10 by Riom]

Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2012 at 10:57 AM

From FM2 to Residente Permanente in Loreto—

I turned in my FM2 on its 4th renewal on Dec. 14, 2012 along with: photos front + right profile; bank statements for 3 months; proof of paid fee from the bank; copy of passport. Now I wait for my Resident Permanente card to come back from Mexico City I am told. (Maybe in a month.)

Once I have the Residente Permanente, I will go for Mexican Citizenship. Does anyone know if the requirements have changed?
I haven't found anything current on the web since the new immigration laws took effect.
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2012 at 11:29 AM

I have a confirmation from someone who went to the Tucson Mex Consulate. They had had an FM3 for many years but decided to go back to the FMM because it was such a hassle.

So, that has worked to their advantage as they will be able to jump straight to Permanente status (with proof of income) while me, abiding by the rules for two years with an FM3, am forced to continue on this FM3 path for two more years. I asked to go to Permanente status and was denied.

I shoulda just let my FM3 expire and gone to a consulate. But that would have meant dealing with the 6 hour drive and the border during the holidays. :mad:

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.