BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Extra Manteca and mayo...please!!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:38 PM
In The Sun !!

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
It blows me away to see guys come in with fish, Just laying in the sun, On the bottom of a boat !!!! At least get a white towel and keep soaked !!! Talk about NOT, taking care of your Catch !!!!! K&T:cool:

[Edited on 2-14-2013 by captkw]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
I don't refer to them as "asians" Willardguy because that it far too large an area. But I supposed you would rather I write, Japanese, Koreans (both) Chinese, Vietnamese, Laotians (excluding Hmong) Cambodians, Taiwanese, Thai, and Burmese. More politically correct? Need foot and end notes too?
whoa E! you left out persians and indians! the first "orientals", right? :?:
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
You ever notice the big jugs of mayo they use at the taco stands? They are out all day and all night...could cause some serious Salmonella problems...but the way they load up the tortas with it probably is gone in a few days...still..I am skeptical.
Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan
but I won't touch it south of the border period. Nor will I eat anywhere that has it displayed as a condiment baking in the sun.

I don't fear the mayo causing salmonella as much as I fear it causing a heart attack.

Here is a quote from the Mayo Clinic (no pun intended) -

"Commercially produced mayonnaise is an unlikely cause of food poisoning. This is because it is made with pasteurized eggs, which are heat treated to kill harmful bacteria, such as salmonella. It also has a high level of acidity — from ingredients such as vinegar or lemon juice — which inhibits bacteria growth."

I have eaten that sunbaked mayo many times. No food poisoning but blood pressure is a little high. Working on that now. :yes:
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2013 at 09:22 AM

Moving away a bit from mayo and manteca. Here's another thing I just don't get - what the heck is the big deal with NutriLeche? Why would you add "grasa vegetal" to milk? ....but it sells like crazy.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2013 at 09:38 AM

I always stay away from that 'crema' or that white sauce that most street taco vendors have. Got a massive case of Moctezuma's Revenge from eating that stuff in Loreto back in 1999. Since then, no crema for me from any source be it street vendors or restaurants. Haven't had a case of the 'Revenge' since.

Never could find out what is in that crema sauce or what the general recipe for it is.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2013 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Never could find out what is in that crema sauce or what the general recipe for it is.

I thought it was just watered down mayonaise. Water or milk....something like that.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2013 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalinda
Moving away a bit from mayo and manteca. Here's another thing I just don't get - what the heck is the big deal with NutriLeche? Why would you add "grasa vegetal" to milk? ....but it sells like crazy.

Is the vegetable oil added to nonfat milk for the lactose intolerant?

Oh lordy.......there I go trying to figure out why things are done down here.
Never mind.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2013 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan

I thought it was just watered down mayonaise. Water or milk....something like that.

It's watered down 'something', just not sure what.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 05:19 AM

HEADS UP! I did eat pork fat last night! Conasupo had the best looking beef liver, so I got some ,went to Sauls, bought bacon. Liver Bacon Onions! OH my....Bacon seemed to be way lean tho, produced hardly any residual fat...just sayin...

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 03:17 PM

Chuckie your entirely forgot Popcorn made with coconut oil. Then saturated with a cascade of mantequilla and dusted with salt!

Now combine that with a liter jug of artificially flavored and colored, sugar laden pop...

"And Now You Talkin'!"

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 03:41 PM
Popcorn Heaven

Years ago, having heard just how GREAT popcorn popped in Coconut Oil was, I went looking around town for some.

No Luck.

Finally, one person told me I could find it at the Health-Food store.

That seemed odd given all of the negatives I also heard in that respect.

But, THERE it was and the gal behind the counter proceeded to extoll its great health value.

So I bought a significant amount.

Which caused her to ask WHAT I wanted that much for.

"For POPCORN".

"NO", she said, "It's Healthy ON your skin, not IN your body".

Nothing tastes BETTER, though.

And, you're right.

With REAL melted Butter.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 03:52 PM
Coconut Oil lowers the risk of heart attacks!!

here is a link as to why Coconut Oil is GOOD for you!!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surprising-health-benefits-co...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 05:04 PM

How about opening a Heart Attack Grill Baja Style? Vote yes or no after this video...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/blair-river-hefty-h...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 05:09 PM

I thought Coconut Oil was solid triglyceride........or something like that.
Am I thinking of Palm Oil?
Maybe it was 3 'n 1.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 05:37 PM

I think I'll stick with extra virgin olive oil. Especially good when combined with aged balsamic and accomanied by wines from peru.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 06:10 PM

Sounds like three stents in the clogged arteries could have saved him. Maybe not in use back then?

Quote:
Originally posted by neilm81301
James Fuller Fixx (April 23, 1932 – July 20, 1984) was the author of the 1977 best-selling book, The Complete Book of Running. Best known as Jim Fixx, he is credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging.

On July 20, 1984, Fixx died at age 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick. The autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%.

(per: Wikipedia)

Sometimes I wonder if we know as much as we think we do.

Neil
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 06:22 PM

His was a very strange case in that a stress test wouldn't have helped him because he never exhibited chest pain or discomfort while exercising or running in his case. However the key to his problem was his father died young of a heart attack at a young age. Yes, they did do bypass surgery or stents in those days. Here is an article from 1984 right after he died.

Blood pressure control is probably the most singularly responsible thing you can do to prevent a heart attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/07/24/science/the-doctor-s-world...
Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Sounds like three stents in the clogged arteries could have saved him. Maybe not in use back then?

Quote:
Originally posted by neilm81301
James Fuller Fixx (April 23, 1932 – July 20, 1984) was the author of the 1977 best-selling book, The Complete Book of Running. Best known as Jim Fixx, he is credited with helping start America's fitness revolution, popularizing the sport of running and demonstrating the health benefits of regular jogging.

On July 20, 1984, Fixx died at age 52 of a fulminant heart attack, after his daily run on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick. The autopsy revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%.

(per: Wikipedia)

Sometimes I wonder if we know as much as we think we do.

Neil
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 06:44 PM
The Atkins Diet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atkins_diet

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 06:51 PM

The Paleo Diet now very popular, is a descendant of the Atkins Diet.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 07:48 PM
The BEST Rule is .................

Don't Worry. Eat Happy. Enjoy WHATEVER you like.

Simply accept whatever consequences there might be.

Get over the obsession with living as long as possible.

Once you make it into the Geezer years, any time is a bonus, anyway.

And, another bonus is a Good Steak, Bacon, Ribs, HOT DOGS, Popcorn, ICE CREAM and the like.

Topped off with a decent Cigar.

A cool Heineken (or Steinlager) now and then isn't bad either.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.