Pages:  1    3    5  ..  15
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I think there is an apology in order for calling Kathleen's friends a bunch of frustrated housewife winos, that comment was not necessary. There are plenty of closet homebody male boozers in Punta Banda as well. I have been a victim of The Wrath if I decide to stick up for my point of view here as well. If a woman does not go along with the flow, they are singled out to be a victim of derision and/or veiled warnings. I enjoy the postings on the PBBB and yes I agree with Dennis that more balanced news should be available, but hitting below the belt is not necessary, especially to a woman from a man. I give Kathleen a lot of credit for getting herself in tip top shape and doing probably what no woman her age in the community has done by riding in the Rosarito Ensenada bicycle race. On this one fact alone Kathleen deserves a token of respect. It seems to me that if we don't do what others want sometimes we get a severe tongue lashing. I agree with Shari as this situation is something we can learn from definitely.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Please don't play the enlightened or holy er than thou crap, you are as highly opinionated as any of us and if one was to venture to the dark side off topic board they would see you are well versed in insults and vile language.
Poor me ain't workin Doc :rolleyes:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
That's not my point. If no one was there and if I was a trained medical professional I would go. But someone who hasn't had one iota of medical background for over 20 years and hears gunshots, why have 2 fatalities instead of one? I understand the logic of the Mexican police being suspicious. Should we all be lemmings and follow each other off the cliff? What about safety measures? If there are gunshots I don't think you should go out to the beach period. Leave that responsibility to law enforcement or trained officials. As a medical professional I would not advise anyone untrained unless it was a dire emergency where no help was available to run out in a potentially fatal environment. I would be putting people in harm's way to suggest they do what this woman did. She saw someone going for more help, and one fireman was by her side. It's not about having huevos, it's about knowing your limitations and avoiding a potentially fatal situation.
Did you even watch her video? She saw the shooter run away and went to help the victim. I would hope that anyone would do the same thing. For her efforts, in she became a victim of some very unprofessional police officers, who were obviously not interested in investigating the crime. Once she was in custody, she was denied many of her basic rights, one of which, the right to contact her consulate, is a violation of article 36 of the Vienna Convention. I think you are very sick to be blaming the victim here, and being an apologist for a corrupt and unprofessional police department. There was absolutely no excuse for this woman being treated the way she was.

What are you talking about? The police arrested the alleged shooter of the Mexican lifeguard who was killed by a Mexican surfer who went by the nickname "El Acapulco" and was known as a jerk, and bully who often got in augments and fights with others.

The police did their job, while this crazy women was yelling at them and demanding they they go chase the shooter and arrest him.

The police acted like any other police department when confronted by a crazy obvious unbalanced person going off the rails.

At the very least read the facts of the case before making your comments, and I would also suggest watching the women on her own YouTube video for clues about her mental condition
________________________________________________.

http://rosaritoenlanoticia2.blogspot.com/2013/10/asesinan-bo...

http://www.afntijuana.info/seguridad/21716_capturan_asesino_...

From Google translate part of the article:

Francisco Castro Trenti, director of Public Security of Playas de Rosarito, reported that at approximately 8:45 am on Friday, right on the beach and about five meters from the house where lifeguard was killed after an altercation Tejeda day earlier with a man surfing, who has been identified as the "Acapulco" by the eyewitnesses.

After a verbal fight, according to the investigation, Sanchez said Tejeda was threatened with death by the surfer, who even followed him in his hour of food at a restaurant where they continued the fight and insults.

The next day, while some practiced these sports and exercised, "The Acapulco" came to insult the lifeguard was on its route monitoring, and a moment later pulled a gun that shot straight to Tejeda, who died while being transferred to the hospital.

The police chief stated that municipal units began a search of the culprit through the details of the multiple witnesses who said, helped capture the man the next day.
He announced that after his arrest, the surfer was made available to the relevant authorities and will be presented today the judge to determine what follows.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
I give Kathleen a lot of credit for getting herself in tip top shape and doing probably what no woman her age in the community has done by riding in the Rosarito Ensenada bicycle race.

That's only because she's sixty years younger than her peers in PB.
By the way...it's not a race. It's a "ride."

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:00 AM

It is all in the context Rat. I don't think you should be threatened if you decide to state your opinion. Dennis has a point and I owned up to that. I would like to see more realistic news being posted on the PBBB and Dennis tries to do that. We all get angry to a degree. I didn't know you were a reader of the dark side, BTW. I state my opinion, and I am no longer a member of the Dark Side for the same reason. I stated my opinion and was crucified for it. So it seems to be a trend on these boards.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Quote:
I think there is an apology in order for calling Kathleen's friends a bunch of frustrated housewife winos, that comment was not necessary. There are plenty of closet homebody male boozers in Punta Banda as well. I have been a victim of The Wrath if I decide to stick up for my point of view here as well. If a woman does not go along with the flow, they are singled out to be a victim of derision and/or veiled warnings. I enjoy the postings on the PBBB and yes I agree with Dennis that more balanced news should be available, but hitting below the belt is not necessary, especially to a woman from a man. I give Kathleen a lot of credit for getting herself in tip top shape and doing probably what no woman her age in the community has done by riding in the Rosarito Ensenada bicycle race. On this one fact alone Kathleen deserves a token of respect. It seems to me that if we don't do what others want sometimes we get a severe tongue lashing. I agree with Shari as this situation is something we can learn from definitely.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

Please don't play the enlightened or holy er than thou crap, you are as highly opinionated as any of us and if one was to venture to the dark side off topic board they would see you are well versed in insults and vile language.
Poor me ain't workin Doc :rolleyes:
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:04 AM

It's good to get other's opinions, it allows us to see other perspectives and not be so dug into our own. I understand Doc's point of view and I agree with some of what she is saying, I can see how the Police might have thought she was involved, although they didn't investigate what her involvement even was until days later which is just mind-boggling to say the least. And I agree with just about ALL of what monoloco is saying, although I think her getting hysterical before being arrested, and then her combativeness once she got to the jail did not do her good, but once in jail there was no excuse for the way she was treated, I mean not being able to call the embassy or a friend that's just wrong and I too feel there is a lot we can learn from this situation as Shari is saying. I personally probably would have helped the victim without a thought, that would have been my first inclination but that's just me. After reading these posts I might think twice about doing that now in Mexico. Sad though that as fellow human beings we might have to think twice of what the negative consequences could be if we did help another fellow human being in Mexico.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Originally posted by aguachico
Thanks for sharing that.

Only 4 videos out of the 223 she has posted on Utube. Always in the right place at the right time to see something and claim it as her own story?
Even if she was combative or interfered with the police, it does not excuse the treatment that she received in the Rosarito jail. Even the most heinous criminals deserve basic human rights when incarcerated, The fact that she was denied the right to contact her consulate is particularly disturbing.

If you Google Life Guard killed at Playas Rosarito you will only find the story on the Fulano Info site, the Maggie's Madness site and the Talk Baja site. The later has the articles from the local press and they say nothing about n American woman being at the scene or being arrested (which may be understandable). It also states that he died at the hospital; not on the beach:

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLi...de-muerte.html

Someone named Stacy Taylor also posted this on his blog:

http://stacytaylor.com/category/mar-tejada/

After watching that scene unfold from my 10th floor ivory tower, I wandered down to street level to see what I could find out.
By the time I reached my deck, a small crowd had gathered near a lifeguard tower at the tide line. A red haired woman appeared to be cradling the head of a man who was lying in the sand.

Bob Durrell
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

Ya know Dennis, it's like the lottery.........if you don't play, you can't win.

Going up against a Mexico police establishment isn't a game, and the winning percentage of lotteries is a scary analogy.

Quote:

And if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Doing nothing but posting on the Baja boards does not solve anything......be passive or be agressive

I can stand plenty of heat and you know it.
What seems futile down here is fighting other people's fights and being left to swing alone in the wind.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:18 AM

One more thing........although I believe the vid is credible, we can only accept that on faith and emotion alone. We still don't really know what went down.
That isn't enough for me to join a million man march to DF.

And..if it is BS, I'd nominate this woman for an academy award.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:19 AM

so where does gary patton fit into all of this? understandably with all that's transpired gary is on gretchen's back burner, but before all this, gretchen has seen the photos, was or wasn't it gary?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
so where does gary patton fit into all of this? understandably with all that's transpired gary is on gretchen's back burner, but before all this, gretchen has seen the photos, was or wasn't it gary?

It was mentioned she verified his ID with the fotos. Don't know if that's fact either.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:26 AM

I personally have my doubts. This woman is a sensationalist, she said there was "period blood" on the wall of the jail, come on people, how can you tell that? Once again how she was treated was not right, but pushing and physically fighting policemen to get into the cell is crazy. She was lucky she wasn't beat up or shot.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:38 AM

It's called reaction. People react differently in the heat of the moment. I once went after two guys trying to steal my neighbors car after they broke his side window. It was after midnight and they took off. Later I thought wow I could have been shot and killed. But at the time I never thought about my safety. I once jumped into the ocean fully dressed to save a kid that had fallen in from a rock cliff. I just reacted. Turns out he could swim and was OK, really didn't need my help.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
It's called reaction. People react differently in the heat of the moment. I once went after two guys trying to steal my neighbors car after they broke his side window. It was after midnight and they took off. Later I thought wow I could have been shot and killed. But at the time I never thought about my safety. I once jumped into the ocean fully dressed to save a kid that had fallen in from a rock cliff. I just reacted. Turns out he could swim and was OK, really didn't need my help.

You can share my foxhole any time.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:47 AM

Thanks
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

There is a new Nomad member that goes by the handle of Tall Artist, which is Gretchen's artist nickname she calls herself. ( Tall Artist only made one post)

More than likely it's some ex Nomad member having a little fun, because they saw the same problems with her as I did, and so doubt it's really Gretchen.

But then again in part III of Gretchen's "Youtube" video she admits she is bi-polar and is off her meds in jail. And this could also explain why she sees people who aren't really there.

If you watch the YouTube video closely like I have now did. You'll see a few problems with Gretchen's perceptions.

Now I'm not calling BS on Grethen's whole story, but clearly she has a few problems going on, and I believe the Rosarito police acted like any other police department when confronted with a combative arrested suspect going absolutely nuts, and sometimes that involves ignoring or delaying Constitutional rights a suspect might be entitled too, that's until at least they calm down and start action like a rational person. Police have ways of getting around those pesky Constitutional rights, and that includes cops in the USA. ( Now I respect human and Constitutional rights but I also know how the police operate on both sides of the border)

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for sharing that.

Only 4 videos out of the 223 she has posted on Utube. Always in the right place at the right time to see something and claim it as her own story?

Maybe she is Maggie?

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 10:59 AM

The heat of the moment should have nothing to do with it. If someone is attending the wounded especially in a very dangerous situation, and in this case, someone took off on his moto to get someone else, leave it alone. If there is no one helping, OF COURSE help the guy. But you aren't needed at this point, period. Just think if Zimmerman had done what the police told him to do after he reported Trayvon. STAY AWAY!! Sometimes the police have some good ideas.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:01 AM

We both have our suspicions as to who Maggie and Greengoes are, and unless they are both willing to meet in a well lighted place and prove who they are, we will all go on thinking who we know they are.
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe she is Maggie?
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:04 AM

Did I miss the apology part?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
But then again in part III of Gretchen's "Youtube" video she admits she is bi-polar and is off her meds in jail. And this could also explain why she sees people who aren't really there.

Bi-Polar isn't delusional, and if she was off meds for three days, she wouldn't be morphing into a rubber-room case. meds take a long time to build up in the system as well as wear off to a point of personality change.

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.