Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Rumors of my demise exaggerated
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:51 PM

Senor Rick ! Que Paso my good friend ! We can get back on topic shortly ...... But how bout a couple good shots of Panama :bounce:
Hope we can all get together sooner than later
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Moose!...MOOSE? We only use them for the HUGE WALLEYES up here.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 02:57 PM

Moto

If you want big fish on a fly , then get on up to scuitto lake and troll a big black fly

RAINBOWS TO 20 POUNDS i'VE HEARD (oops)

I have only seen a 12 pounder from there

Fish to the left of the island in the bay

sold out and got out !!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Dennis,
You have not been convicted by anyone but yourself. Your opinions expressed are your :"convictions" that you proudly stand behind/in front of. It is not a legal issue but, rather, is one of beliefs:

Still, nothing from the PC prosecutors.
Gee...I don't believe just like you, so I'm suffering a defect of which you won't/can't explain?
Why don't you lay your cards on the table so we all can see them and quit tossing around your red herrings to make readers stray from the point.
Again.....point out my errors of fact...not your fiction that you think the world should adhere to.

WHERE WAS I WRONG???

If my delivery seemed indelicate, that should be your prosecutorial stance, but don't paint me as a villain just because it doesn't coincide with your world view.

You, Jon and Perry are being hatchetmen for the counter culture, insisting it should be mainstream....for no other reason, in my opinion, that it's the PC thing to do.
I'm not quite ready for that degree of acquiescence solely because I'm told to be by the gay community.....or you....or anyone else.

Anyway.....show me...........don't scold me, at least not without a sassy spanking. :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 03:18 PM

Timo,
I have been along it's banks up to my arse in flooded road on the bike...

I used to fish when I was a kid in Manitoba, but haven't got back to it since I discovered motos :tumble:

I will start the campfire and melt some butter in the pan for all that trout you bring ashore :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

You, Jon and Perry are being hatchet men for the counter culture, insisting it should be mainstream....for no other reason, in my opinion, that it's the PC thing to do.

I'm not insisting that you become gay Dennis or that being gay should be mainstream. It's not a counter culture -- it's part of human culture since the beginning of our evolution as a species. I'm not asking you to be PC. Being PC just to be PC is bull in my book. I'm asking you to see that your language here affects people. Do you want to hurt people? I'm asking you to have some compassion for other human beings.

If you had a gay kid and he was bullied at school, how would that make you feel? Wouldn't you want to stand up for him/her? I know, your issue lies with this somehow being unnatural and gays not being able to procreate, so seeing this differently is complicated.

If there was something different about you and people harassed you for it, all your life, to the point of physical violence, wouldn't you hope for some understanding and empathy from others? I would stand up for you.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

I'm not insisting that you become gay Dennis

Ohhh...well, that's different. I thought I was being seduced. Gee....what a relief. Should I cancel my order for assless chaps?

[Edited on 11-23-2013 by DENNIS]

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not insisting that you become gay Dennis

Ohhh...well, that's different. I thought I was being seduced. Gee....what a relief. Should I cancel my order for assless chaps?

Keep those things on backorder man. You never know when you may need assless chaps.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 04:48 PM

Quote:

Keep those things on backorder man. You never know when you may need assless chaps.

I didn't realize they were made for the wearer's convenience so much as the wearer's best butty. :lol:
WaddooI know? I'm a heartless gay hater. :lol:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 05:23 PM

Ok, seems like we're making progress here. Anyone else having anything to add to today's group session?

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't realize they were made for the wearer's convenience so much as the wearer's best butty. :lol:
WaddooI know? I'm a heartless gay hater. :lol:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 05:23 PM

I'll be glad when the LGBT's have the right to be just as miserable in their relationships as heterosexuals, then maybe we won't have to hear about it constantly, plus, it will give a needed boost to the legal profession.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 06:06 PM

Quote:

I'm not asking you to be PC. Being PC just to be PC is bull in my book. I'm asking you to see that your language here affects people. Do you want to hurt people? I'm asking you to have some compassion for other human beings.

Soooo...it's not what I said, but the way that I said it. Do your amigos in loving arms here...Sr.Ged and Perry agree with this?
Am I no more than inarticulate......or am I despicable for my core feelings....as they have suggested?

I await their most studied replies.....if capable.
I doubt so. They never had a case to begin with.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 06:42 PM

Dennis, I don't want to scold you, and it certainly isn't my job to school you, but I care enough about you to wish that your life was as full as it could be. I was brought-up homophobic and remained that way for the majority of my life. I married a woman, later in life, who was the most color and gender blind person I'd ever known. She introduced me to people, and later I got into men's work which brought me into contact with a wider range of people. I treasure my gay friends and they add a lot to my life. I can't imagine wasting any energy at all being negative about them when they are such a positive influence to me and in my community. I have a transgender friend who was for years a logger in the woods. She lives in a town of 3500 people where everyone remembers him as a ski shop owner. She has more huevos than any man I know.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Dennis, I don't want to scold you, and it certainly isn't my job to school you, but I care enough about you to wish that your life was as full as it could be. I was brought-up homophobic and remained that way for the majority of my life. I married a woman, later in life, who was the most color and gender blind person I'd ever known. She introduced me to people, and later I got into men's work which brought me into contact with a wider range of people. I treasure my gay friends and they add a lot to my life. I can't imagine wasting any energy at all being negative about them when they are such a positive influence to me and in my community. I have a transgender friend who was for years a logger in the woods. She lives in a town of 3500 people where everyone remembers him as a ski shop owner. She has more huevos than any man I know.

Sooo....I guess all of this means you have nothing to say as to my sins and transgressions in this thread. You can't say what it is about my posts that prompted you to castigate me for my opinions. [Ateo can't either]
You had no reason, other than it was the popular thing to do at the moment. Protecting the gays, who demand your loyalty, is paramount to you, more so than protecting your friends.

Diseffinggusting.

Maybe they'll send you a rainbow sticker for your kitchen window.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 07:16 AM

"You can't say what it is about my posts that prompted you to castigate me for my opinions. [Ateo can't either]
You had no reason, other than it was the popular thing to do at the moment. Protecting the gays, who demand your loyalty, is paramount to you, more so than protecting your friends."

You prompted me to respond in the same way the comments of any angry, frightened, old homophobic bully would provoke me. Since using those terms is no good way to have a civil discourse, I withheld them until I read the BS about your castigation. I don't have gay friends because it is popular at the moment. I have gay friends because I am finally man enough to deserve their friendship. My gay friends demand NOTHING from me than that I treat them as the friends they are. If your friends must demand your loyalty perhaps they need protection. I bless all my friends, and would be proud to protect them, in some way, if I could. None of them, gay or straight, demands my loyalty. If they have it, they've earned it. We've earned it. I have acquaintances whom I disrespect, no one I disrespect is my friend. Does that help to clear-up any of this nonsense? "Protecting the gays, who demand your loyalty, is paramount to you, more so than protecting your friends."

I also recognize that homophobia, like all phobias, is a disorder, and some folks absolutely freak out if they accidentally walk into a spider's web.

JCHatedFIGS_zps24fb942e.jpg - 14kB

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 07:48 AM

vgabndo: 7
Dennis: 0

He's throwing a no hitter.

Bottom of the ninth coming up....
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:37 AM

There is this guy in Punta Banda. He is known to everyone as he works in a local establishment and has worked in many places over the last few years in Punta Banda. Let's call him Sammy (not his real name). He is very flamboyant to say the least. He has also told me personally that he "swings both ways". He is very vocal and tells many off color jokes but is harmless. He can act extremely effeminate at times. About 2 years ago, a new person moved into Punta Banda and went on the PBBB about how he felt this guy was obnoxious and mentioned he was "gay" in his actions and gave the establishment a bad name, etc. etc. Dennis knew "Sammy" through his patronizing the establishments for more than a few years. Dennis came to Sammy's rescue after the new resident criticized and berated "Sammy" unmercifully on the PBBB. I'm not sure why Dennis is portraying this image on this thread as somewhat anti-gay. Dennis helps out many people. Maybe he is in a super bad mood right now because of the holidays.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I'm not sure why Dennis is portraying this image on this thread as somewhat anti-gay. Dennis helps out many people. Maybe he is in a super bad mood right now because of the holidays.

Yea............ Hitler used to get that way around the holidays too.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:38 AM

Since I knew you were alive and well and enjoying life, I did not respond to this thread. I just now read it, and still can't figure out how it morphed. Ni modo.

Someone along the line suggested that you post some of your Panama pictures, and I agree. Your pictures and stories with your pictures are wonderful! Think about posting a non-Baja Trip Report, maybe, if you want, if you have time, if you think it is a good idea, or maybe not. :biggrin:
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:43 AM

I started this thread to let my friends know that I am alive and well. I mentioned that I am involved in learning about and sharing with others what I am learning about the Complexity of Gender. I have traveled widely throughout Mexico over the past 50 years and have experienced first hand it's wonderful diversity of peoples and cultures.

The Anglo/Saxon, Puritanical culture of the USofA has historically recognized only two genders, masculine and feminine. Other cultures recognize three or more.

It is of interest that Native Americans of North America, before the conquest, had revered people in their cultures who were LBGTQ, these people were called Two-Spirit or berdaches and were seen as excellent Mediators and Shaman.

I would like to share with you a group of Mexicans living in the State of Oaxaca who cherish the beloved Muxes of Juchitán, Oaxaca, Mexico.

http://www.shaulschwarz.com/#/photography/muxe/muxeweb07a

http://www.uky.edu/~tmute2/mexico/Mex%20PDFs/stephan-gender-...

IflyfishconmiMuxesamigas

[Edited on 11-24-2013 by Iflyfish]

edited in an attempt to get the %*$(_)%$ links right. you may need to copy and paste the links.

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.