Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: lockin n loaden border
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Why is it on the wharf at the harbor if not designed to serve boaters???

No problem Baja Guy, I am all for making it easier for the people of Mexico to be rewarded by a happy tourist or traveler looking for fun and adventure.

Make it hard to have the proper papers, then the people of Mexico lose the benefit of travels... It really could be easy to do, and not scold tourists for not researching the details and stopping at the border... Happiness, not punishment should be what people who go to Baja experience! Happy people spend more money than people who are fined or extorted or blamed.

Why not make it easier for the Mexican tourist:?:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Why is it on the wharf at the harbor if not designed to serve boaters???

No problem Baja Guy, I am all for making it easier for the people of Mexico to be rewarded by a happy tourist or traveler looking for fun and adventure.

Make it hard to have the proper papers, then the people of Mexico lose the benefit of travels... It really could be easy to do, and not scold tourists for not researching the details and stopping at the border... Happiness, not punishment should be what people who go to Baja experience! Happy people spend more money than people who are fined or extorted or blamed.

Why not make it easier for the Mexican tourist:?:

Why not make the requirements the same? I have been asked by many of my neighbors that exact same question.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Zac, ask Obama why.
Bajaguy that sounds like the harbor wharf location where it has been. Thanks.

David, why should I ask President Obama? Does he write immigration law? Of course not. But he would like to discuss it but the racist party does not want to play.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 08:01 PM

David.....it's not a wharf....ships don't dock there. It's a street with cars and trucks. Next time you pass through Ensenada I'll show you the difference, then you can buy me a Pacifico

Quote:

UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 08:37 PM

Anyone know what it takes to get a visa for Mexicans to come visit the U.S. There is a family in B.C.S. that I would like to come visit us here but have been told that they have to go to Tijuana to get the visa that could take days if not weeks to obtain. If true it is very difficult for them, the expense to go back and forth for their visa would make it very difficult. Anyone know for sure or have had experience with this?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I am always amazed how many visitors to Mexico DONT have their visas to be here and so are illegal in the country.

It is prohibitively expensive to get a tourist visa for a Mexican...you must pay $100 US dollars just to book the interview appointment which you need to do months in advance...and there is only a very very small percentage that actually are granted a visa. The president of a fishing cooperativa couldn't even get one!!!!

You really need a great reason for visiting the states, like taking a course or having a spouse that is american and a destination contact, letters of support, full time job as well as a ton of paperwork too...forget about just going to visit as a tourist. This is why there are so many illegal crossings.

EXACTLY.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Zac, ask Obama why.

David, why should I ask President Obama? Does he write immigration law? Of course not. But he would like to discuss it but the racist party does not want to play.

Hear Hear, A tiny little part of the Tpublican obstructionism includes the IDEA of discussing immigration reform. Progressive people and immigrants favor immigration reform, for PURELY political reasons the minority party is doing anything in their power to insure the President gets no credit for doing the will of the people at a cost of votes for the GOP. There is nothing in this about doing what is best for America. Our ability to get on with the necessary business of reform is being held hostage by cynical electioneering on the right.
No need to ask Obama, he's trying.

The political sniping monitor is now off duty for the evening and I'm going outside to watch an outrageous Baja moon over the Pacific and listen to the music (imported band!) coming from the big dance over at the ballpark.:coolup:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 05:00 PM

All I can say is that for those of you who continually visit Baja, but do not support immigration reform, you are hypocrites. If you spend weeks and weeks frolicking SOB and still are against immigration reform, then shame on you. You are interacting with folks that think you are their friend, but, obviously, you are not. You are merely an opportunist.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 05:19 PM

Bajahowodd: I like your statement.

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 05:33 PM

Bajahowodd- I am for immigration reform but I disagree with your premise that if I was against that I would be a hypocrite. When I travel to Mexico I play by the rules. I get Mexican car insurance and must agree to keep my US insurance in force so I'm paying for coverage that one of which I can't use. I get my FMM and don't overstay the 180 day maximum. When I travel past the free zone on the mainland I get a car import permit and in addition to paying the import fee I put up the $300 required deposit to insure that I'll bring the car back to the US. I return my car to the US as required which of course means I have to pay for a new import fee the next time I enter Mexico with intentions to visit past the free zone. Also, Mexico tells me that with a few exceptions I can't work in Mexico and if I start a business I have to hire only Mexicans. If the rules I agree to when traveling to Mexico were agreed to and abided by Mexicans traveling to the US there would be far fewer Mexicans trying to get into the US. Again, I say I am for immigration reform but not because I would be a hypocrite if I was against it.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 05:43 PM

Trouble is many rules include the use of what most emigres do not have - money.

Even years ago landlords would not rent to non English speaking individuals. So they found those that did, and pay 800 dollars a month for a tiny apartment meant for 2 and pack 11 people into it. Get a driver license without a birth certificate these days? No license, no insurance NO COVERAGE. Get back and forth to work. how?

Wanna pay 20 dollars an hour to get your lawn mowed legally?

The USA is a nation of "I GOTTA HAVE THAT!" individuals and then they turn around rearrange their face and then shout "BUT NOT IN MY BACK YARD!"

There never has been an "easy" answer for this and there never will be. Mexico has to be as attractive place to work as the USA. You want to pay twenty bucks for a plate of tacos and a hundred bucks for a hotel room?

Be slow to condemn and fast to compassion when it comes to dashing dreams

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

Wanna pay 20 dollars an hour to get your lawn mowed legally?

That made me LOL.

Or how about a car wash in the USA for $30?

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 07:12 PM

I don't see any easy answers. For example how do we explain to the 1000's of Mexicans that are trying to get to the US legally- they have invested a lot of money and are patiently waiting in line that now, those that broke the law and entered illegally are going to be rewarded for their illegal entry. On the other hand I believe that we as a country encouraged illegals by winking and looking the other way and doing nothing for years to discourage the behavior..I'm not excusing those that are here illegally but I think that we have to own up to the fact that we created this mess by looking the other way for so many years.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
In the us protestors are not deported based on free speech, they only be deported in the case of criminal activity that is demonstrated and provable or by their own admission.

i shouldn't even wade in here, but i saw the movie Dirty Wars on Netflix yesterday about our Special Forces being the 5th arm of the military who report directly to the Pres. almost like his personal army. you guys might have heard of a cat named Anwar Al Alaki who was a US citizen. i'm not saying he was an angel but he basically got himself on a list for using his free speech. it was hateful speech condemning America but it was his right to speak this crap. Special Forces took him out with a Hellfire missile. soon afterward, Special Forces took out his 16 year old son (who by birth was also a US citizen), why i have no idea. maybe they were worried about what he might become?

anyway, humans basically suck, no matter which side of the border you are on. no one is innocent......:light:

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 07:38 PM

It is a total mess and it needs to be cleaned up.

I agree that there are no easy answers.

I, Ateo, would issue an Executive Order granting amnesty with some good firm rules.

Then I would have a kick ass guest worker program.

The sky wouldn't fall.

Nye

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 07:35 AM

Wow Im amazed at the response this post got, my wife is Mexican(from Mexico) and she is a U.S citizen which took us a bit o $$ n time but shes lucky and is a dual citizen. She has her own cleaning co,teaches zumba and choreographs quincenaras. She has a better work ethic then me and we hv never received any public assistance. That said I lived in Mx for 7 yrs "illegally" and never had a problem. Hv a great day and thx 4 the responses.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
......You want to pay twenty bucks for a plate of tacos and a hundred bucks for a hotel room?....

Nope....that's why I stay out of Cabo..... :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
......You want to pay twenty bucks for a plate of tacos and a hundred bucks for a hotel room?....

Nope....that's why I stay out of Cabo..... :biggrin:

That's kind of funny. But outside of the hotels, it is not the case. When we stay at hotels in Cabo, we never eat there. We patronize the locals, and $20 tacos are nowhere to be found.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
All I can say is that for those of you who continually visit Baja, but do not support immigration reform, you are hypocrites. If you spend weeks and weeks frolicking SOB and still are against immigration reform, then shame on you.

I fail to see where Tourists from the US, who for the most
part, visit Mex on a VERY temp basis, bascially vacation,
can be used to compare them to, or use that position
as a basis for arguing for Immigration Reform in the US.
Mex Immigrants are
looking for perm residence in the US. US Tourists visit
many Countries, does that warrant giving those
Countries citizens grant them access to come live in the US? In the
case of Mexico, beacuse
US Tourists go fishing in Cabo and drink a few Pacificos?
That logic escapes me, and I'm the exact opposite of a GOP
Racist, and support some Immigration Reform,
but I don't get comparing week long US Tourists to Mex,
as somehow a justification/reason for
US Immigration reform, for the wahtever number
of Mex Immigrants in the US without proper US Immigration approval
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 03:06 PM

Sancho, you would, of course, encourage the Mexican officials to properly enforce Mexican immigration law...and support equal penalties for those that violate those laws.

Right?
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.