BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Added What PayPal has Done So Far!
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 02:44 PM

:?: Shari Bondy, we still have Not received the 250 pesos you sent!! It still says pending?? You may want to check your bank. Thank you so much Shari for your support!! New Freezer, we are ready for fish anytime!! Love, Penny and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 02:45 PM

:bounce: Hello Nomads,
I wanted to let you know some of the things we've done with your donations so far!! * 4 New / Used tires for van. **New/Used freezer. ***Repairs on Refrigerator ****Road trip for Grandpas/ Hamburgers and ice cream!!
STAY TUNED. ...Next week we will take van to mechanic for power steering and oil leak!! Its Amazing what one can accomplish with a little help from Friends!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Much Love, Penny and the Grandpas
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 03:22 PM

And at the request of Penny, here are a couple pictures of what your donations through PayPal have accomplished!

Old Tires

New Tires and the van that will received some much needed repairs

New/used freezer which needs more fish and chicken. :-)

The beautiful second refrigerator they found in the back shed and is now being repaired.

Penny said they were smiling BEFORE they loaded it into the back of her truck. :-)

And the spirit of continuing to fix up the surroundings is wonderful Here are Frederico and Brazio planting some new plants!

I can't believe how far this beautiful home has come since Penny and Murray discovered it and became involved. There has been so much help from some nomads and now with the paypal account, even more is being accomplished. Keep it up, please.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2015 at 05:35 PM

I love it! Fix the van up and go out for some hamburgers and ice cream.

Perfect. Practical and fun.

Come on folks, if you haven't pitched in yet, send a few bucks. I did because it's obvious the money is going directly to the people that need it and those that help them.

And even a small donation makes a world of difference.

Help out some old men, how great is that!

Of course, I admit, I identify with the cause. ;)

paypal money to: freelandib222@live.com

http://www.paypal.com

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by SFandH]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2015 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I love it! Fix the van up and go out for some hamburgers and ice cream.

Perfect. Practical and fun.

Come on folks, if you haven't pitched in yet, send a few bucks. I did because it's obvious the money is going directly to the people that need it and those that help them.

And even a small donation makes a world of difference.

Help out some old men, how great is that!

Of course, I admit, I identify with the cause. ;)

[Edited on 7-19-2015 by SFandH]

Thanks SFandH --- your donation along with the others IS making a difference and does go directly to their care.

And yes, some of us identify a bit too much . After Penny and Murray discovered this place we were referring to it as the home for the elderly gentleman. It was a close friend who suggested that elderly just hit home to easily so they became the grandpas.

And now, Penny's grandpas fits perfectly as they are family to her as she is to them.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2015 at 09:00 PM

It does my heart and soul good to see these wonderful updates .. Go Grandpas Go!

A dear friend said to me today :In life we get a plate, a ladle, a knife, fork and spoon. How we serve ourselves is up to us.

Someone please pass the tissues!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2015 at 09:27 AM

Great therapy in so many ways ---- Penny and Juan took them to Mi Casita Burger in Camalu for lunch and then off for an ice cream. A very hapy day indeed

So much good continues to come their way :bounce::bounce:

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2015 at 07:20 AM

UPDATE.....We got our back up refrigertor back and it works Great!!
Today, we are going for Tacos, to the Beach for fresh air, and then for Ice Cream!!
My Grandpas are just thrilled to go on these Little Adventures!! So am I, these Men are the Best Therapy in the World for me!! So Much Love!!!
Thank you All once Again for All you've done for us!!
Forever in Our Hearts, Penny and the Grandpas
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-25-2015 at 10:46 AM

Penny, I love seeing all the improvements that are happening to improve life for the grandpas! The greatest is being able to get them out and enjoy the little things in life!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2015 at 03:20 PM

Jbcoug, They are so much Happier Now!! Fresh Paint inside and out!! Tires for the van so we can get out and Enjoy Life, New/Used freezer, New/Used furniture, New/Used Refrigerator, So Many Nice clothes, New Beds, Plants around home, Yard clean, You won't recognize the place!! But the Most Important of all is they have a New sense of Pride, in the Home and Themselves!! No more wondering where their next meal is coming from, No more sitting in chairs waiting to die, they see Doctors on a Regular basis, and now having something to look forward to each day!!
If anyone of Us died tommorrow, we could Honestly say..We were Loved Unconditioally, and were All treated with Love, Respect and Dignity, and that includes Me!! So Much Love and Happiness in Our Hearts Now!!
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 7-25-2015 at 04:13 PM

Cant't wait to get back and see the changes since my last visit!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 09:07 PM

Hello from the Grandpas and I, we are really looking forward to this Sunday, we are Going Out on the Town again!! We will be going back to Mi Casita after church!! They were Wonderful the last time we were there, they were Patient and Loving to the Grandpas who were a little overwhelmed to be in a restaurant!! Afterthat we will go back to the house and enjoy the Ice Cream that Jbcoug and Friends are bringing us Saturday!! Life is So Good at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, Thanks to All your Help!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 09:09 PM

Hello from the Grandpas and I, we are really looking forward to this Sunday, we are Going Out on the Town again!! We will be going back to Mi Casita after church!! They were Wonderful the last time we were there, they were Patient and Loving to the Grandpas who were a little overwhelmed to be in a restaurant!! Afterthat we will go back to the house and enjoy the Ice Cream that Jbcoug and Friends are bringing us Saturday!! Life is So Good at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, Thanks to All your Help!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 09:20 PM

Can you Forgive me Nappo?? You are the one bringing Ice Cream!! You and the Guys have done So Much for us, How could I get the name mixed up?? My Only defense is I'm Old and Tired!! Please Forgive me my Friend!! See you Saturday !!!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2015 at 09:19 AM

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-Hogar-del-Ancianos/77876...

[Edited on 8-6-2015 by SFandH]
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2015 at 10:45 AM

Thank you so much for your continued Contributions to the Casa Hogar del Ancianos!! It is an ongoing need, and I Thank Each and Everyone of you who have seen it in their Hearts to contribute Monthly!!
Please be assured that Every dime that is donated, goes Directly to this Home!!
Forever in our Hearts, Penny, Juan , and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2015 at 05:13 PM

Wow, what a Blessed Day we had Today!!!
Ron Lister and Friends came buy with a Large donation of food and cleaning supplies!! Deanne and Steve Cervantes made a Special trip to finally meet the Grandpas and I face to face, after supporting us through Paypal!!
Then to top it all off, Nappo and Friends came back for the second time in a month and brought more Ice Cream, Apple Pie, and So Much More!!
But the most touching of all was the Flowers Nappo brought for ME!!
As you must know by now, I Never ask for Anything for myself only the Grandpas, so the Amazing, Loving gesture of Flowers meant So Much to me!! God Bless you All!!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2015 at 05:14 PM

Wow, what a Blessed Day we had Today!!!
Ron Lister and Friends came buy with a Large donation of food and cleaning supplies!! Deanne and Steve Cervantes made a Special trip to finally meet the Grandpas and I face to face, after supporting us through Paypal!!
Then to top it all off, Nappo and Friends came back for the second time in a month and brought more Ice Cream, Apple Pie, and So Much More!!
But the most touching of all was the Flowers Nappo brought for ME!!
As you must know by now, I Never ask for Anything for myself only the Grandpas, so the Amazing, Loving gesture of Flowers meant So Much to me!! God Bless you All!!! Forever Grateful, Penny, Juan and the Grandpas
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 08:50 AM

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare for a charitable contribution where even a small donation makes a big difference (see above posts):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-Hogar-del-Ancianos/77876...

[Edited on 9-1-2015 by SFandH]
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 09:11 AM

Good Morning Nomads, I took a 2 week trip to Oregon to see my Momma, stopped at Grandpas on the way home, and here they came with canes, walkers, and wheel chairs, the Biggest Smiles I've ever seen to Welcome me home!!! This is Why I do this, So Much Love!!!
Since I've been back they are so Happy!! It is such a Blessing to know you are Loved Unconditionaly, and to be a part of such an Amazing Family!!
We All Thank you so much for your continued Support!!
You have made such a Positive impact on these Mens Lives, who just 1 year ago were malnurished, sick, and sitting in chairs waiting to die!! Now when they get up each day they have Hope!!
From the bottom of Our Hearts, We are Forever Grateful, Love, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.