Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: gas in Mulege
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 07:51 PM

It's really kind of simple....mostly.

Stand by the pump when you get out of your vehicle, make sure it is set to $0.00....and then watch the pump as it rolls to it's final destination. Pay the amount in pesos....

False calibration is beyond the customer's control at that point, it seems....

Maybe I am missing something?

Don't believe everything you think....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2015 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajakiter  
David K, I have never had a need to stop in El Rosario Pemex when I head South or back up from La Paz or on day trips to Punta San Carlos.

I have heard good things about 'BajaCactus' (Antonio), among them rescuing a motorcyclist a while back and getting him back up to the boarder when we had the riots in SQ.

Thinking out loud here that fellow Nomads should band together and get a list or thread going of stations that are worth stopping at. Ones that we should avoid at all cost and a rating system of (1-5) 1 being stay away and 5 best.

Its getting that time of the year when all the snowbirds from the Northwest and the Canadians make their way down South. I recommend this site to them for the latest road conditions and general "local info".

Do you think this bunch could agree on which stations should get a 1 and which should get a 5?:lol:
Justbozo
Nomad

Mood: Got my little stone hut on the bay

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 07:33 AM

OK, now back to you Mulege...

Stopped at the south side Pemex yesterday.
The Magna pump handles were tied off to the hose with plastic grocery bags.
"No Magna, premium" was the greeting I received.
Well, since I was at my self imposed minimum tank level and only doing local driving I had him put in the usual 500 pesos worth.
As the pump was running, my mind started wondering (yes, with an "o") as it quite often does. " Are they really out of Magna, or just cleaning out old, high dollar inventory on a Saturday in early November to the very noticeable inrush of snowbirds?"
I recalled that just in my local driving on Mex1 I had seen at least 3 Pemex trucks, thus probably no delivery shortages.

Would they really do that???
Jajaja
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 10:01 AM

The pump in town does not have both and only dispenses Magna or green and they were pumping away yesterday. You may be right, gotta sell some of that expensive gas when it starts getting stale.:P:P

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.