Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: San Juanico-Scorpion Bay CLOSED
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 12:27 PM

I forgot, I am a goofy footer! I never really learned to surf, but when I was a kid, I learned to slalom water ski I had my right foot forward.

When I took up snowboarding many years later, I was told that I was a goofy footer on it too.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

That's a romantic notion from your past....did you get your law degree? Pass a bar exam?

Finished top 10% at Loyola Law School. Have an undergrad in electrical engineering, so I focused mainly on intellectual property and contracts law.

Decided not to practice. I like jobs that involve international travel too much.

[Edited on 4-7-2020 by JZ]

so that would be a no to the original question? (pass the BAR?)
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 12:40 PM

Heck,,, I'm just plain O'l Goofy !!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 12:58 PM

On a side note...

We are ALL one day closer to having this shelter in place situation behind us.

Fishing, Exploring, Drinking, Dancing, Etc..... COMING SOON!!
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Where do you get the idea that I'm "romanticizing" the past. I'm completely aware of our history, the good and bad. I'd rather not write a post that reads like a Stephen King novel.

BTW, I was well above the top 10% in both undergraduate (UCSD) and graduate business school (USC). Not to mention a full ride fellowship at USC. Fight On!

If you need a CFO, let me know.

John

I fired our CFO in December. Hired a fractional CFO. Works 1/2 the time and is 5x more productive.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I fired our CFO in December. Hired a fractional CFO. Works 1/2 the time and is 5x more productive.

Nice deflection. But, isn't the real question: Did you pass the bar exam in California?

As my dad always said: "I asked you a yes or no question, son."

What's your answer: Yes, or No?

John

[Edited on 4-8-2020 by John Harper]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 08:33 PM

I'm taking my son there in July hopefully. His graduation present. We shall see..................

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2020 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Since Ateo has brought this political thread back to San Juanico, here is a question from a non-surfer.

When a surfer is said to be on the far right, or far left, is that from the viewpoint of the surfer, or those on the beach?

Always love your posts by the way...............Thanks for always being so kind and helpful.

If a surfer is on a "right" they are moving to their right. From the beach it appears they are moving left. So if you are chilling on the beach in San Juanico, you are watching people go left, but really they are going right!

Jon

[Edited on 4-8-2020 by Ateo]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.