David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-17-2023 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Thank you for your Service, Lee.

And thank you, Barry. I know you're one of the good guys.

And you worked with good guys. They're out there.

On subject:

going North on Hgwy 1, last toll before TJ, pulled over by impromptu checkpoint. One guy, another with weapon, tells me inspection. I get out and he immediately asks me where the marijuana is. I said no marijuana. He says, yes, marijuana, and starts going through my car, and kept saying where's the marijuana. I keep repeating no marijuana. This went on until he gave up. 1/2 hour. I shrugged and said, again, no marijuana. He wasn't happy.

I drove away PO'd.

Sounds like our 2015 San Ignacio checkpoint experience!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2023 at 09:51 PM

The list of healthy motivations to seek a career in law enforcement is a short one.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2023 at 11:36 PM

Quite true. I've nothing against law enforcement, it's obviously necessary. But there needs to be much more serious and comprehensive vetting of those who want to be cops, because while some LE have joined for all the right reasons, a job where you get to strut around in a uniform with a gun, throwing your authority around, also inevitably attracts bullies, as well as those were bullied and want to take revenge on the world for that.

And they need better training.

Once, driving down the highway in Canada, my boyfriend and I passed an accident that had just happened- the driver had somehow driven off the side of the road, been thrown from his car, which was smoking from the engine compartment, and the guy was lying there on the side of the road. My boyfriend told me to stop- he had an industrial first aid ticket. We were the first people on the scene, he ran over to the guy, who was barely conscious and bleeding, whipped off his tee shirt and put it under the guy's head, and talked to him, trying to keep him conscious, while taking his vitals and trying to determine where the bleeding was coming from.

By then other cars had stopped, someone had called 911 and soon a crowd had gathered. A police car arrived and the first thing the female cop did was go over to where my boyfriend was attending to the accident victim, and told him to step away. My boyfriend gave his full name, said he had an industrial first aid ticket, that the card was in his wallet if she wanted to see it. She said, "I don't care who you are, get away from him." My boyfriend told her he wasn't legally allowed to leave the guy until the ambulance arrived and he conveyed to them what he had done so far, and that she should be clearing the crowd before the smoking car blew up instead of hassling a first aid attendant.

She grabbed him by the arm and pulled him away, the guys head he had been cradling fell to the pavement and the cop turned her attention elsewhere. My boyfriend immediately went back to attending the guy until the ambulance arrived a couple minutes later.

When we got home, my boyfriend called his first aid instructor telling him what had gone down, the instructor called the police to report this cop's behavior and she apparently got raked over the coals for it.

[Edited on 7-18-2023 by surabi]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-18-2023 at 06:11 AM

Everyday the news has another story about usa cops trampling civil rights or otherwise displaying disdain for people they are supposed to serve. LE seems to attract bad people, and make them badder.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.