BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: I had my truck stolen last night.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 7-21-2007 at 08:48 PM

In my belief system God will take care of these things. You may call it anything you like. Carma, Feng shuai, natural law. The end result is I don't care. Retribution is counter productive. I was in a position where I had many options open. I knew what was going on in the area. Reports are over 20 houses robbed in La Joya last year. I left nothing in my Vacation home I could not afford to lose. Truck and boat included. I have always operated on the walk away principle in Mexico, and always will. One only needs to look to Punta Estero to realize all the broken hearts and dreams. I will not make that mistake. Call me a crazy fisherman, but I still love BAJA.

On a happier note. I moved most of my things to Puerto Penasco. I have equal access to the SOC and my home in LV. Plus, My wifes family is now very near by.:bounce: Viva Sonora:lol:

[Edited on 22-7-2007 by Minnow]

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 7-21-2007 at 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
In my belief system God will take care of these things. You may call it anything you like. Carma, Feng shuai, natural law. The end result is I don't care. Retribution is counter productive. I was in a position where I had many options open. I knew what was going on in the area. Reports are over 20 houses robbed in La Joya last year. I left nothing in my Vacation home I could not afford to lose. Truck and boat included. I have always operated on the walk away principle in Mexico, and always will. One only needs to look to Punta Estero to realize all the broken hearts and dreams. I will not make that mistake. Call me a crazy fisherman, but I still love it.

On a happier note. I moved most of my things to Puerto Penasco. I have equal access to the SOC and my home in LV. Plus, My wifes family is now very near by.:bounce: Viva Sonora:lol:

Good way to be.
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I think PepBoys should design an owner-operated RC car bomb, good for fifty miles.

Dennis,
Check out this website: www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html

This Deathstick has my vote! Serves the xxxxxxxx right. :lol:

[Edited on 7-22-2007 by Hose A]

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2007 at 12:48 PM

Yeah.. That's a great site. Thanks, Paulina.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 12:54 PM

Bumping this up to the top b e c a u s e being the helpful neighbors that we are, we kept an eye out for Minnow's vehicle while we were in Baja for the summer.

We remembered the important detail of the bajadotnet sticker and that Minnow's vehicle might be the only one in Punta Banda sporting such a thing, SO....

We may have found it, or them, so we took photos to be sure before sounding off the alarm.

The first possibility is now being used as the Campo La Jolla trash truck.

We tried to get a closer look, but the stench from the flounder on the fish stringer was just too much...

I wanted to ask if they would be willing to trade the fish and stringer, but Dern put his foot down on that one.

So we decided to take a break and head to the beach for some fresh air and to re-group and what do we find????

This young man trying to make a quick get away with yet another possibility.

So Tom, we did our best and came up with only two sets of wheels that might fit your bill.

All kidding aside, I hope it all works out for you in Cantu and your new spot on the Cortez side.

P y D <*)))><

Edit: trying to resize the photos

[Edited on 30-8-2007 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
but Dern put his foot down on that one.
P y D <*)))><

Since when has that ever been important????
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 01:11 PM

Santiago,

I'm trying not to make any more history....

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 01:12 PM

No wonder he wants it back. That's a nice looking ride. The truck, I mean.
Then again, Yho could carry him to Sharkys in the wheelbarrow.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 01:13 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 01:25 AM
That sucks Minnow....

Really am sorry about your rig Tom. Nice rig too... something 'Grunty' about it.
As was mentioned earlier, there are a lot of trucks like that down there. It's probably worth more, and less trouble just parting it out. Hope not.
M
greybaby
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 8-30-2007 at 09:02 PM

Tom - it's making me sort of nervous to have a house on the same street as yours. We were there briefly in June and all was well. The neighbor that watches it has proven himself to be honest and he and Carlos keep close watch over it. Hopefully all remains the same. And hope your luck improves. Are you guys there full-time now? We are living in Boise and only get down there occasionally. Probably won't be December until we get there again. Say hi to your sweet wife for us. Dave & Marilyn
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.