Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Cuota warnings
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:03 AM

Comando kidnappers captured, uniforms, vehicles, weapons and more, recognize them? they were sent to Mexico City

False uniforms are hard to difirentiate from real ones

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
Mango, I agree. The peninsula is composed of the "forgotten states". The mainland, especially Mexico City is the center of attention. What's the population there, 20 million or so? And basic services are woefully short.

But, I've read that TJ is the fastest growing city of consequence in Mexico and the Mayor, Governor, and Calderon are all PAN. Of course I'm hoping some spare change is thrown this way.

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by oldhippie]

Yep. The federal district of the capital is only about 8 million; but, when you throw in the entire Mexico City metro area (it's just one huge contiguous city that extends over the dotted lines on the map) you have about 20 million. The entire state of Baja (Norte) has a population of about 3 million people in comparison. About 3/4 of the people in Baja (Norte) live in TJ or Mexicali.

Just think.. TJ x 20 and you get an idea of how big Mexico City is. Feel free to multiply the crime and corruption by 20 as well, although it won't be accurate, it gives one an idea of the magnitude of the difficulty of Calderon's job.

I thought that Baja (Norte) would have gotten more love with Calderon being president as well; but, his job is far from over. Give him time. They are building infrastructure pretty quickly here in Mexicali with new underpasses and interchanges popping up all the time. There is even some new tourism center south of the main crossing that popped up overnight. I'm still not sure what that is all about. It looks like a bus station "lite". Much like Loreto, I am curious how they plan to continue to supply water to this rapidly growing city in the future.
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:07 AM

That's good news fdt! Thanks for the update.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:55 AM

Well, I doubted they existed, and some folks that believed they did doubted the cops would get them. We were wrong. Too bad they existed but good for the cops! Relatively short work. Now, let's see, they're guilty to proven innocent, right?

Wonder where they bought those weapons.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:08 AM

So, are these articles indicating that the 2-5am perps have been captured?

Nice lookin' bunch of choir boys, huh????

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by Hook]

JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:11 AM

Wow! Great news! Can someone translate the details. Any mention if they were the preps on the toll road.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:14 AM

No mention as for the choir boys beeing the ones from the toll road but it does say that they dedicated themselves (when not practicing in the choir) to kidnappings in different areas and also on the radio news here everyone seems to be very hapy about theire capture.

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ Any mention if they were the preps on the toll road.

Hard to tell......I see no iphones or distinguishing fashions. :P

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:35 AM

You know, this is the time of year when I worry about transiting baja, its a seasonal change, the people of Baja also worry about our arrival. They depend on us and we depend on them. We are intertwined so deep culturally and economically for every thing we depend on, food, water, gas, roofs, etc...

Up and down Baja, we are sweeping and cleaning for the arrival of Gringo. Everyboidy is on alert for Gringo.

I have some conceptual ideas about this, in order to increase travelers security. Mainly that we as residents both mexican and norte americano are a group that must see our interdependence clearly, we must gather together in solidarity, with open communication systems, wide spread inter-reporting, interdependent watch dogs, and we should carry markings to note such solidarity as people who are a super-prepared tribe.

Whether we think we are or not, we are the masters of transiting baja because we do it successfully and we should use the highest level of sophistication to ensure our security and the security of our group becuase if one of us fails we all fail somewhat, due to fear and to loss of time and energy spent worry about ourselves and our fellow travelors.

I'd like to work together to share further sophisticated designs to communicate status, problems, identify perps and pursue them legally with cooperative support from us Las Californianos y todos juntos para todos partes.

I think that preparation both physical, maintenance, and systems that capture and identify the location of our vehicles and our status messages in transit, captured photos and videos in emergencys etc... and to advertise such preparation, is a very strong deterrent and could increase our sense of security.

I don't think that it is necessary for every vehicle to have expensive military/police on board systems but, in this day and age its easy to send data from nearly any modern phone to any network, including photos, audio and video status only that the perps know that we are prepared now and for the future to be safe in baja and that those who will commit crimes will eventually be caught with evidence and prosecuted on both sides of the borders.

I am not sure of the code basis of this board, whether phpbb or vbulliten but both have easily installed modules (mods) to receive and send communication from other input systems such as text messages, wap, etc...

These proposed actions are more of a proposed detererrent than a solution to crime.

Sure it's a fantasy, but c'mon we love fantasy.

Try out this initial bumper advertisement, "If you mess with Old Hippie you are messing with Baja!"
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
If Calderon, Agundez and the other Politiocs don't want a clean Baja aint 'nothin we can do about it except run scared. Calderon, he doesn't care about Baja except for his personal holdings. He made a play for sympathy early and pulled out the troops, argh!

I guess we could hire the recently fired Blackwater Iraqi private security to patrol and shoot up TJ. Cabrons!

Sorry, I have to ask; What does Agundez and the other Politiocs have to do with Tijuana?

FDT, Sorry I accidently included polticos in our state, BCS in the south and our Nation, Mexico in the discussion of TJ. My apologies. Of course those in the south and the rest of Mexico have no bearing or say in the actions of the TJ, loco.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
I like how some of you guys itemize and number your lists of you said I said when you're arguing. I need to start doing that with my wife :spingrin:

Only difference here is that it's in writing :lol:

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
I like how some of you guys itemize and number your lists of you said I said when you're arguing. I need to start doing that with my wife :spingrin:

If you think that type of logical thinking is going to work..........well, you havent been married very long. :smug:

Yet another type of duck-and-cover exercise...............

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 04:47 PM
Low Bio-Impact Effective Deterrent Systems (LBIEDS)

1) Sign in the back window of the car: "Cuidado con Perros" (sorry, brain fart, I'm probably not quoting the Spanish correctly, but you get the drift) with a silhouette of a German Shepherd.

2) Inside the vehicle is a mellow, usually laid-back German Shepherd that will and has taken care of any unauthorized intrusions. (The additiionally present Rottweilers couldn't care less - they are there for back up.)
)
No batteries to replace or expensive infrastructures to maintain.

I am being a bit flippant - let me go on to say that all dogs, especially dominant and territorial ones, need sufficient exercise and training, but, if you give them the direction they need they will return the investment in spades with unconditional love and unswerving loyalty,

[Edited on 9-20-2007 by Gypsy Jan]

[Edited on 9-21-2007 by Gypsy Jan]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 05:00 PM

Lencho, cool. I checked xmb out, very nice group. In any case its based on php and likely phpbb.

Its just a conceptual idea- Team Vagas - one could log onto a forum (sub forum), and by sending a subscription, begin their trip log, which tracks the users' trip progress geographically and otherwise. Users phones would send a prompted periodic text message with gps info to the users forum account. Your trips could be logged and mapped and if you choose you could allow others, family and or the public to see your geographic progress with the updates and comments from beginning to end or the data could be maintained as anonymous data. You could include additional trip log data, text, images and videos. The purpose being others could see your progress and be aware of areas which are more problematic than others, passable or not passable. A database would be built upon the data likely showing evidence of problems and likely the cause of problems through collected data.

There might a ride board, or pony express system to bring things to cruisers in port from their homes and suppliers. Group ride info, etc...

Travel data, routes, traffic updates could be shared.

In the case of serious issues, reports could be sent to travelers en route to keep their eyes open, to locate perps and find stolen cars.

I'll get started.
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Quote:

If you think that type of logical thinking is going to work..........well, you havent been married very long. :smug:

Yet another type of duck-and-cover exercise...............

I was joking!!!
We will be celibrating our 27th anniversary on our Baja trip next week.
And for us as 2 type A's logical thinking does not work when we argue. We just go straight to WWII. Options to help is only wishful thinking :saint:

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
We will be celibrating our 27th anniversary on our Baja trip next week. And for us as 2 type A's logical thinking does not work when we argue. We just go straight to WWII.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 years here - fought WWII many times over. Little has been learned. :o
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:
We will be celibrating our 27th anniversary on our Baja trip next week. And for us as 2 type A's logical thinking does not work when we argue. We just go straight to WWII.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

22 years here - fought WWII many times over. Little has been learned. :o

It's more like War of the Worlds here :wow:

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 08:21 PM

http://mologogo.com/
gps phone tracking site

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsmapper/
source code
Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker
support for php mysql

[Edited on 9-21-2007 by gnukid]
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
http://mologogo.com/
gps phone tracking site

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpsmapper/
source code
Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker
support for php mysql

[Edited on 9-21-2007 by gnukid]

I got all excited...I thought I was going to be able track a woman's cell phone to see if she only liked me...even worst gota find one first:lol::lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2007 at 09:21 PM

oh the joy of knowing everything about your lover and their whereabouts, ahhhhhhggggg!
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.