Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Residente Permanente Info
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 08:18 AM

Went into immigration yesterday to sign the paperwork and be fingerprinted.

Seven weeks so far (including the holidays). Was told will take roughly 3 weeks while it's processed in Mexico City.
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:04 PM

Originally told 2 months financials, gave them three. Now two and a half months in to the process they say they want six months and they lost my wife's pictures so want more.:?::fire:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UnoMas
Originally told 2 months financials, gave them three. Now two and a half months in to the process they say they want six months

That's what I had to give them. They haven't even asked for pics yet. My app went in, with payment, beginning of December.
So far.....nada.
The Mexican government continues to be its own worst image committee.

[Edited on 1-25-2013 by DENNIS]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 02:38 PM

A story about this fiasco which will come as no surprise:
My neighbor was called down to Inm to be printed for his card. Since they previously had made no mention of fotos, he took it upon himself to go to a studio and get a set of Credencial size pics to give when the "Oh...by the way" moment came.
They didn't accept his fotos saying they were on Kodak paper and markings would bleed through when laminated.
To his surprise, and mine, they went into his file and had extras from previous years and said they would work fine.

Go figger????
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 02:12 PM

I got an email today from the agent saying my card has arrived from DF.

13 weeks from start to finish with the holidays in there.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
I got an email today from the agent saying my card has arrived from DF.

13 weeks from start to finish with the holidays in there.

A hearty congrats. I hope your was permanente and done with.
I've been waiting twelve weeks so I gave my agent a call this morning and he said call back tomorrow. :?:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 04:42 PM
Final submission

Submitted paperwork today.........clock is ticking

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Submitted paperwork today.........clock is ticking

Don't forget to keep winding it.
akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 08:30 PM

I started the paperwork Nov. 20th. I went to La Paz today for fingerprints & to sign paper. Now I sit back & wait some more !

:rolleyes:
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2013 at 10:56 AM

Wally, Soulpatch,
Just exactly how many days were you without your Inmigrante card? That is, how many days was it between the time you surrendered possession of your Inmigrante card to the day you received your Residente Permanente card?

Very important to know this.

Also, if you had needed to exit and reentry Baja during the time that you were without the Inmigrante card, to your knowledge, would immigration have given you a letter in lieu of the card that would serve to allow you to exit and then reenter at the border and/or airports?

Thank you in advance.

[Edited on 3-7-2013 by MitchMan]
Wally
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2013 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Wally, Soulpatch,
Just exactly how many days were you without your Inmigrante card? That is, how many days was it between the time you surrendered possession of your Inmigrante card to the day you received your Residente Permanente card?

Very important to know this.

Also, if you had needed to exit and reentry Baja during the time that you were without the Inmigrante card, to your knowledge, would immigration have given you a letter in lieu of the card that would serve to allow you to exit and then reenter at the border and/or airports?

Thank you in advance.

Had to surrender the old FM2 at the time of the new application, so the total time without a visa was 13 weeks, 2 days.

I asked the agent about getting a letter to leave the country during this process and was told that immigration will NOT provide them any longer. When I asked how that works exactly in case of emergency she said that they just will not issue a letter under any circumstances. We were sitting in the immigration office and she was reluctant to go into details but said they had a "work around." I asked again how that is possible after her just saying that immigration wouldn't do it. She said they have a way and if I need to leave the country to just call them several days before hand and they'll give me something that will be accepted at the airport.

Now, if that seems stupid, well, that's what I thought. Since I was half way through the process when I heard this I didn't bother to follow up and find out how exactly they are doing it. I will add though that one of her other clients who was sitting with us confirmed that he had traveled to the US the prior week using whatever it was they were giving out.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2013 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Had to surrender the old FM2 at the time of the new application

Mine too although I made extras.....laminated and everything. Just copied the original.
If I ever got jambed up, like being called illegal or mojado, I would use them.

[Edited on 3-7-2013 by DENNIS]
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2013 at 12:18 PM

Wally, great answer. It appears as though they do not want to encourage leaving the country as that is counter to the concept of becoming a Residente Permanente. But, they know that as a practical matter emergencies do come up and since they have the authority to provide a permission letter, they are reserving that common sense action for special consideration circumstances only. Makes sense to me. Thank you.

Dennis, brilliant, man. I am pretty good at photography and photoshop. Getting a good enough copy to laminate won't be a problem...situation solved!
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:32 AM

In La Paz, getting permission to leave the country is easy!

I'm just picked up my third letter, (for my third US trip) yesterday. Each letter costs $320 Mxn but the process is easy.

The Process:

1. Fill out the online application form on INM's website. The name of the form is "Permiso para Salir y Regresar". The form is on the same page as the "temporal" and "permanente" forms.

2. Write a letter with your approximate leave and return dates> The La Paz office provided a template letter.

3. Show up at the office with the letter, the application, your passport, and one infantil photo.

4. Pay the $320 Mxn pesos.

5. Pick up the completed "Permiso" the next day. The letter is good for 60 days.

6. Have the outgoing/incoming immigration officer stamp the letter in the "Salir" and "Regresar" information areas.

7. Turn the stamped letter back into immigration WITHIN 10 DAYS OF YOUR RETURN. This is important and is written into the text of the permission letter.

Keep waiting for your "permanente" card. (14 weeks and counting). Wish the "permanente" was as easy.

Any other process other than this official process sounds like mordida.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 08:45 AM

RnR, fantastic info. Thanks.

Between RnR and Dennis's approach wth laminating copies, there are ways to go here.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 08:55 AM
Copies

I always carry laminated copies of all of my important documents - FM 2, Baja drivers license, US drivers license, DIF card, photo page of US Passport - in my "everyday" wallet. If anyone wants to see the originals, then need to follow me home

[Edited on 3-8-2013 by bajaguy]

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Wally, great answer. It appears as though they do not want to encourage leaving the country as that is counter to the concept of becoming a Residente Permanente. But, they know that as a practical matter emergencies do come up and since they have the authority to provide a permission letter, they are reserving that common sense action for special consideration circumstances only. Makes sense to me. Thank you.

Dennis, brilliant, man. I am pretty good at photography and photoshop. Getting a good enough copy to laminate won't be a problem...situation solved!

NOT IF YOUR CARD HAS EXPIRED.

Bob Durrell
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
RnR, fantastic info. Thanks.

Between RnR and Dennis's approach wth laminating copies, there are ways to go here.

Laminating machines are cheap on Amazon. Forget what I paid, but not much more than twenty bucks. Now I laminate everything small...even spare driver's licenses for the cop that wants to take mine.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 02:35 PM

Just got back from Imn.....signed the papers and gave them f-prints. Tomorrow I go to a foto studio , return to Imn [agents office] give them the fotos and I'm done with this nonsense forever.
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 06:34 PM

Wouldn't that be great Dennis.
We got f-printed today and paid. Telling me 20 busines days, same as a month, more or less. Easter will take some extra time. But theyn seem to going, snail-pace, but gooooinggg.

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.